*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644639-Why-you-open-doors
by Kylin
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1644639
A comedic short about why you should always make sure you open doors.
Bored, so very bored that even a plank might be envious of how very much like a board I was. It was well past the evening crowd it the small little pizza parlor, I'd mopped the floor twice, once because someone split some sugary fizzy liquid everywhere and, once again purely because I was just that bored. I don't even understand why this place is open this late, there is absolutely nothing to do, I've already finished my crossword, word search and sudoku.

I heard that tell tale ring as the door was pushed opened. Why the heck would someone be wearing a ski mask, it's not that cold I think rather confused. It's the middle of summer. Ah shit, I think as the logical conclusion comes to my mind. Why does this kind of shit always happen on my shift, seriously. First a crazy and smelly hobo, and not oh that needs to be washed smelly, but that needs to be bleached, febrezzed, and just about every other kind of cleaning agent known to man used on it, kind of smelly I think more then a little annoyed, seriously give me a break there is like twenty minuets left on this stiff making shift.

“Can I take your order,” I ask being a smart ass despite the fact that I was rather certain that there was a gun in his hand. Why do I always do this, he may well be willing to use that gun I think, wondering why I seem to have something against common sense.

“Sure all the money in the bag, and hey that piece of pizza” He said, dropping a small back pack on the counter, it was obvious that's where he wanted the cash. Is that gun even real? I wonder, it looked sorta like it was plastic. Not something I wanted to test out I decide.

“You do realize there is only like three hundred bucks in here right” I ask as I start emptying the cash. There was no way I was going to risk getting shot.

“Hurry it up!” He said, though it was more of shout, I ashamed ot admit it but I jumped.

“There you go” I said, tossing that lonely piece of pizza from it's seemingly eternal spin.

He took off as soon as it was lobbed into the bag he took off, bolting right into the door. I explode with laughter. He was out cold.

Authors note- Please tell me if I missed anything that should be italics I don't usually use this pov so I'm not really certain how it should go.
© Copyright 2010 Kylin (kylin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644639-Why-you-open-doors