*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645401-Coming-out
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1645401
Eli is forced to come out to her mother aftwe her ex threatens to tell.
I woke up in Becca's arms and smiled, I turned around and kissed her gently on the forehead before I knew I had to get up and move. My mom opened the door right as I sat down on my bed.
"Hey you guys have fun last night?" she asked.
"Yea same sleep overs just more fun with my new best friend." I said.
"I know you two are so close, I would swear you two were dating."
"Nope just really good friends Mom."
"I know, come get breakfast when she wakes up or when you're hungry."
"Okay Mom."
Becca moved a little in her sleep and I giggled watching her. My laptop beeped and I walked to it to check my email.
Eli you need to drop the act you two are just faking it and I am going to figure out a way to prove it. Or maybe I'll just tell you're mother about your girlfriend you know how much she'll love that and you. So drop it or I will.
~Ryan
I wanted to scream he hadn't left me alone and he was constantly trying to prove to himself that I wasn't a lesbian. He couldn't though I actually loved Becca and I missed her even when she was gone for just a second, but he had a point if he told my Mom that I was gay she would disown me. She was anti-gay to the point she had been arrested for attacking a couple. Even though I never agreed with her veiws I wanted nothing more now then to have her drop them and her accept me. It was a useless cause. I felt a few tears run down my check, but didn't make a sound. I felt her familar arms around me and cried on to her shoulder.
"What's wrong?"
"Ryan he's threatening to tell my mom if we dont 'drop' the 'act'." I said
"what act?"
"He still thinks we're fake, but if he tells my mom she'll kill me, she hates gay people you know that."
"Maybe, but if he tells her she'll be pissed, if we tell her maybe she'll accept us because she loves you and you're her daughter."
"I don't want to lose you though if she doesn't."
"We'll still have school, and you know Brian will help us." Brian was her best friend who offered to help us if I came out to my mom.
"Okay, but only because I can't stand to hurt you."
"Come on let's go tell her now."
"Fine but first..." I said putting my lips to hers in case this was our last for awhile.

"Mom we have to talk to you." I said when I saw my mom in the kitchen.
"Can this wait I'm really busy." she asked.
"No it can't come sit down." I said.
"Okay what's the problem?"
"It's not a problem." Becca said.
"Than what is it?" mom said.
"I'm...I'm...we're...Mom we're gay."I said.
"WHAT?" mom said.
"You heard her Ma'am we're gay." Becca said.
"Shutup you slut, get out of my house!" my mother said.
"No mom you're not doing this to us!" I said taking Becca's hand "I love her and I'm not going to let you ruin this for us. I know you're mad and confused, but I'm still the daughter that you raised the one you love."
"Eli stop this crap. You're not gay your confused it's your choice to be gay. Chose no, don't let this bitch make you one of THEM." My mother yelled at me.
"Mom it's not a choice you can't just chose to not be gay. It's like you and Dad you didn't want to love Dad you just did, you didn't have a choice. So don't tell me to chose not to love Becca because I can't chose. And don't call her a bitch she is the sweetest most caring person on the earth so don't call her names or anything because I love her." I said to my mother standing up to her for the first time.
"I do love you, but being gay is wrong!" she said.
"No mom it's not it's normal for a lot of people. Denying us, telling us we're wrong, hating us, that is what's wrong and only that." I said.
"She's right ma'am." Becca said, I could feel her sadness through her hand and I wanted to hug it away.
"I'm not happy about this, but if it's really not a choice then I'll accept you because you are my daughter." My mom said hugging me "and you you're going to have to explain a lot more to me about you if my daughter's dating you." she said hugging Becca and me.
© Copyright 2010 Eli Spirit (eli_spirit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645401-Coming-out