*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646516-Delimma---heart-or-brain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1646516
Comparison between 2 fascinationg organs
I’ve been having this delimma for quite sometime now and always wanted to find answers to my questions that i kept asking myself over and over again.
We have always related sensitive emotions to the heart and rational thinking,analytical abilities,practical thinking,logical analysis,reasoning abilities,strong emotions such as anger,depression,short temperedness to the brain.
I agree we say that one gets depressed or angry when we are hurt badly or heart broken…
Are we really saying the right thing…Is it really so?just a thought..
why do we relate beautiful emotions such as love to the heart and not the brain..
when it is a known fact that the main datacentre of all emotions is the brain..
Have we just used the heart as a symbol,a metophor in the poetic sense to depict our emotions..
why don’t we replace the heart with the brain..
Is it because it is difficult to depict the brain due to its dark allies and mysterious passages and difficult to explore… Moreover paint or potray it in its physical state.
Heart on the other hand, when potrayed in its physical state looks more approchable and beautiful than the brain..does this make us relate all emotions to the heart so that we can present it more beautifully..
By doing this are we not closing our eyes to the actual facts…
Or is it fine to keep it that way rather than complicating things and adding too much of practical thought to it.
This is the delimma of the mind…any answers
© Copyright 2010 Lavanya (lavanyamrao at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646516-Delimma---heart-or-brain