*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646515-invisible-writer
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1646515
Creativity...
It was just another dull,ordinary day..a more or less a routine..where one is programmed oneself and knows which task precedes the other….
On such days we often feel there would be something exciting happening in our lives..at least for a few minutes…
May be this was the day….

i stepped into office thinking the tasks to be completed and anticipating more tasks that would be piled up for that day….

everything seemed normal as always…people greeted each other in between work.Some working seriously and while some were on a short break as they had arrived before our batch started working..in shifts(night).
no one knew what was in store ahead of us…we were planning the day’s work…i as usual switched on my PC and logged in.checked my inbox for a few new mails….

It was past 1:00 a.m in the morning where one lives like they are on the other side of the globe.
It was later then that i resumed my work…Was doing some updating of the work done before when the writer struck me….
my hands seemed stuck on the keyboard….there was panic everywhere on the office floor…some really went nuts out of fear while others were trying to have fun and pretend not to panic…

the keyboard started typing on its own..it was very irrelevant and couldn’t make sense…i took my hands off…
for an instant i thought that there must be a key stuck somewhere..i was trying to be the bold one…everyone was around me..i was trying to punch in various keys to check..but the writer just wouldn’t stop.we tried to copy it and paste it to another document which didn’t happen..irrelevant sentences and words like audits,irrelevant dates,murder was being typed out he screen as if someone is trying to reveal something…
we tried to think rational and of possibilities of the PC being hacked or being accessed remotely…but it didn’t make sense..
o
ne of them went ahead to say…i was the chosen one and someone else was talking about suicidal incidents that had taken place and stuff like that…

people were coming out with various options to get out of this situation.But the writing wouldn’t stop.
the entire scene was so frenzy and full of panic.
my state of mind was toggling between being practical and at the same time wanting to believe and not believe what people were trying to tell all at the same time…

This may sound a scene just out of a movie clip…where you find things happening on its own without anyone being present and all we can do is just watch….

This was exactly what was happening and all we could do is watch the writer write his/her story….
It continued for sometime and finally all i could think of is snatching the pen out of the writer’s hand and asking the writer to stop the irrelevant writing that was driving us all crazy…That’s what i did…

i took off all resources from the writer and started my PC afresh,..

when i opened another fresh document i was hesitant to lay my fingers on the keyboard but mustered all courage to type again….

i thought that the writer will strike back with full vengeance….but the writer had decided to leave us in peace and was gone….keeping us wondering about his/her existence and identity and the reason of arrival and the meaning of those words….

What would one call such an incident? i leave it to the readers to decide….
© Copyright 2010 Lavanya (lavanyamrao at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646515-invisible-writer