*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648292-Forever
Rated: E · Preface · Romance/Love · #1648292
a scene inspired by a dream I had.


The voice resonated, sending chills down my spine and up my arms. It was a voice I knew like the back of my hand- as if I had heard it my whole life. My stomach flipped with nervousness and my hand flew to the golden pendant hanging from the various blue ribbons around my neck. A gentle hand touched my shoulder causing me to jump. His tone was low and serious as he spoke,
“ What are you doing down here?”
I looked timidly at the floor, still fingering the pendant.
“Where else do I have to go?” I replied quietly. I found myself trying to figure out which corridor I was in, but all I could make out was the stonewalls surrounding me in the darkness. My lacey, dark blue dress hung loosely from the waist flowing all the way to the damp, cold floor. A warm breath hit my face when the dark figure moved closer. I couldn’t believe this was happening. After all this time he came back, just as I was beginning to get used to his absence. After no word from him for a year!
“Why did you come back?” I whispered avoiding his eyes.
He lightly took my hand and turned me toward him. I turned my face away trying to hide the tears. Unfortunately they fell anyway- in big, warm drops that ran down my cheeks. He lifted his hand and slowly wiped them away and then so sweetly caressed my cheek and lips with his thumb holding my face is his hand. I still couldn’t look into his eyes. I was afraid I would melt to the floor if I did. He finally just took my chin in his palm and lifted my face toward his. When I still wouldn’t look at him he grabbed my head in his hands and kissed my forehead. Slowly I looked up at him into his eyes, and regretted it immediately. Deep, deep brown eyes gazed back at me bringing me back to all the times I could look into them without hesitation. Looking at them now I felt weak. He saw that and put one arm around my waist to support me while his other hand was practically supporting my neck. Touching his nose to mine he whispered my name causing my breath to grow shallow. That was it. I was taken. All the pain forgotten- he had me. “I will never leave you again.” He said drawing me closer. “Forever.”
© Copyright 2010 l o v e l i e s (bookworm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648292-Forever