*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652415-The-riddle-of-me
by Trypp
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1652415
Challenged to define self. Not by deeds or association. Who are you?
The Riddle That Is Me

I am a complex creature beyond that of merely being female. I am stronger than most, in my conviction, loyalty, and love. For those I love I would kill or die for, this is not a boast or empty commentary; it is fact. I do not trust easily in the words which others speak, for only sheep follow blindly, that which they want to believe. I am bold in my antics and shy in my release; I give unconditionally, for to do otherwise is not a gift. I can be as gentle as to make a strong man weak, and in my anger make a smart man think twice... I have a talent to teach hard lessons in the language that you speak, be it in words, or actions, I am easy that way. I have a sense of humor that runs the gambit of morbid to ironic and anything risqué... I am not easily offended, but I can smell a pervert a mile away; so approach me with caution if your intentions are misleading… I am neither a child nor a whore to pleasure your sick addictions. I am never cruel unnecessarily, it speaks poorly of self-control. I am wise beyond my years from a life that was not easy; survival has its price. Regret is not like too much ice cream, it is a tarnishment on the soul; I have a few… I don’t believe in victims who survive… I am one or the other, not both. Being passive is not my way; I take what I want and share what I am given. I can be humbled by courage, honor and integrity, for these are qualities which require respect. Dignity is fast becoming another since so few seem to posses it today. I have worked hard and I have worked smart, I prefer to do both, a lot more is accomplished that way. I do not want given to me what I am willing to work for; my inheritance is my fathers feature and my mothers’ fixtures; the rest is what they worked for. I do not feel my children are a reflection of me any more than I am of my parents; I gave them tools, what they do with those tools is entirely up to them.
© Copyright 2010 Trypp (mcsucher13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652415-The-riddle-of-me