*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653409-The-Internal-Movement
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Experience · #1653409
Cameron is unique, seeking answers, and changing life as we know it.
Horizons often remind anyone of travel that the only place to go is within. The faster you try to reach it, the quicker it flees. Suns only set behind them because it too can only take so much of your distasteful actions. Men built the first tall ships long ago in hopes of finding what lay hidden at the horizon's edge only to find more land and more chasing. So we built bigger ships, flying ships, ships that could leave this planet, only to find more territory beyond our reach and out of our control.

Cameron lay in the grass behind his home. The visiting energy was more powerful than usual today, and he could feel the blood pumping through his legs at a higher rate than usual. Color was harsh today and he spent most of the day squinting, and rough headaches came after that. Being outside was necessary if he wanted to learn more, but he couldn't take how intense his senses were treating him. After one massive pulsation of blood-induced pain in his head, Cameron decided he couldn't take being outside anymore and returned to his study.

Books upon books lay upon his desk. His library was as big as a nobleman's home, and Cameron sought to it that he read and digest every piece of information in the place. Ancient texts, religious scripture, poetry, modern screenplay, everything was to be recorded in his mind. This was the stage of information intake, and would become crucial for the day he evolves into the man of reason that will forever shape our world.

Cameron picked up a book that no title and opened it.

"Men are wretched creatures. Lying, stealing, and killing is all they know. Let them destroy one another and we will go."

After reading the passage he had opened up to at random, he flipped back to the start and began reading. It didn't take him long to finish, and immediately after closing the hardcover text he left the study and went to sleep. He slept for three days straight without a single stir. He wasn't human and he knew it. But finding out what exactly he was here for was how his days were spent. He sought answers in his dreams and often found them there, not waking up until he found some sense of closure to a newly found mystery.

It's easy to wander forward aimlessly, searching new lands for the answers to old problems. But that is not the solution, for there are beings just as yourself hoping to question you in hopes of the same answer. Cameron discovers himself before he learns the truths of our magnificent universe, and he will soon obtain that very horizon that so many have hoped all their lives to grasp.
© Copyright 2010 Draper Alan (draperalan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653409-The-Internal-Movement