*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654922-Remote-Control
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1654922
Don't mess with this
"I can't believe we got away with it"

Joe smirked at his buddy Tom, giving him a high five. They continued carrying their loot from raiding the small mart downtown New York.

"Really, I never thought this piece of shit would really work. Where did you find it?"

"A dead guy on 59 street had it in his pocket. Found him on my raid last night."

"Dead?"

"Yeah, frostbitten. Never seem him before in our district. Had nothing of value, just this device".

"Looks like a remote control. How did you find out how it works?"

"Dunno, just pressed buttons. This one made us invisible."

"That's so cool. What's next? How about robbing a bank?"

"You are such a dumb-ass, Tom. Being invisible is useless in a bank, all the dough is locked in."

"Maybe we can find another button to make us walking through walls?"

"Don't mess with this. You don't know... hey! Give it back!"

"C'mon Joe, you are such a wimp!"

"No, don't touch anything. You don't know..."

When Joe tried to get his device back, out of Tom's hand, he remembered the dead guy on the street. Frozen to death? How could he? It was end of July! When he tried to get hold of the device in Tom's hand, he could feel the freezing cold that flowed through his body.

It was not just a shiver, the last thing he felt was his blood freezing in his veins.
© Copyright 2010 heddesheimer (heddesheimer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654922-Remote-Control