*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655158-Speed-and-Force
Rated: · Other · Other · #1655158
This one is just something I wrote this morning on a whim.
I plan on adding a lot more detail. For some reason I woke up and felt the need to type out this scene I had playing in my head. Any and all comments are appreciated. As well as, any new ideas that I could add. Please excuse typos, I am typing on an iPod with big thumbs!



Adrenaline slammed against the walls of Amy's veins. It ripped through her hamstrings and tore through calves. Her chest heaved with forced breaths. She whipped through the hallways and corridors, not knowing where she was heading or what was around the next corner. Knowing that running blindly could be as deadly as facing it Agent Danson drew in a deeper breath attempting to calm her racing mind.



She rounded another corner. This one with a slight upward incline. This prove to be hell on her already fatigued legs and she immediately felt her stamina drop. This hallway, however, didn't lead to another hallway. A single 10-foot solid oak door flanked the end of her path. As she reached it she grasped the handle and thrusted her body into the Door planning on bursting through it. But her strained body was no match for it. Her lean body dropped to the floor. A deafening crack sounded through the corridor and reverberated through her weak bones. Any chance of having had out-runned it ended as abruptly as her run. She knew it would not be long. As Amy brought her self up from the stoned floor, she realized that a stained glass window as tall and as wide as the oak door was framed in the wall adjacent to the door. It was dark out, so the true beaty of this magnificent piece of art could not shine through. Amy's sudden fascination erased her current dilema. This moment had allowed her to connect the dots. She knew what she had to do. A flicker of motion and a whisper of air triggered her plan. There was no more time. There was no other way. With the same force she'd hit the door she threw her self through the stained window. It took 4 seconds for her body to fall through the bitter winter air and hit the icy cement below. A tear of blood streaked her innocent face. She was now in a better place.
© Copyright 2010 Anthony Wright (crazyway18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655158-Speed-and-Force