*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656089-Mystic-Nights-Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Crime/Gangster · #1656089
The beginning of a novel I'll be writing. Deals with... actually, read it to find out.
The pair quietly walked down the moonlit street, refusing to make a sound. It was an eerie kind of silence, yet strangely comforting. The two knew nothing would bring them together. After all, how could they? Actions like that needed consequences, yet there didn't seem to be any.
  The woman screamed. She fell the ground, hoping any sort of bodily mechanism would save her. Nothing saved her. In a matter of seconds, she had silently died, left in the pool of blood.
"Holy shit!" screamed the man. He had a split second to think. Run or fight the murderer? Running seemed like the wisest choice. He ran into the darkness.
  He burst through a door as a woman pointed her gun at him. She was so young, smooth, beautiful.
"Who the fuck are you?"
"A nice welcoming committee," the man responded. "Look, I'm kinda in a hurry. Can I hide somewhere while you stand there with the gun? I think someone's trying to kill me." The gun wasn't lowered.
"You have three second to get out of my house," the new woman warned. Before she could do anything, he had already grabbed the gun and threw it out the window.
"Close the door," he commanded. She closed it. "I believe we need an introduction. I'm Jason Forge."
"Melinda Jusa," she replied coldly.

  The next 6 hours were spent pacing the floor and arguing, Through her consistent bitching, Jason had a feeling he could get her to fall for him. She, on the other hand, wanted to stab him, yet she couldn't help but feel that he would greatly impact her future, if not the future of the world.
  It was cold as hell in the damn house, yet Jason didn't care. he was accustomed to the cold. The mission in the Russian border had made sure that cold was nothing to him. It helped when he was sent to pick up the piece of the satellite in Antarctica. He could remember the coffee. Couldn't take a single sip of the damn stuff without him dropping it. It wasn't hot. It was ice.
  She remembered the Afghanistan heat. She was used to burning temperatures, not freezing ones. Still, she had helped a little bit in the US winning the war. That one grenade wiped out every last one of those bastards. She was war hardened, and she wasn't about to take this shit from the almost complete stranger. She was sure of that.
He was going to marry this beautiful woman. He was sure of that.
© Copyright 2010 gamerdude122 (gamerdude122 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656089-Mystic-Nights-Prologue