*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656121-Mystic-Nights-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Crime/Gangster · #1656121
1st actual chapter of Mystic Nights.
  "We need to leave," Jason Forge told young Melinda Jusa.
"Who the hell is us?" she almost screamed.
"You and me," he answered. "That guy is still watching the house. I saw him earlier. Considering I threw the gun out the window, our chances of survival are a bit slim."
"What?!" she yelled. "I'm going to kick your ass. You led him here. Bastard."
"My ass is behind me. Wait... damn. Shouldn't have told you that."
"Shut the fuck up!" she ordered.
"Listen here, miss. While I'm here, you take orders from me."
"Excuse me? Who the hell are you to-"
"I'm the ex-general of the US Military. Surely, you remember the order to eradicate all terrorist forces in your district," he explained.
"Oh my GOD! I took orders from your cheap ass?" In an instant, she was on the ground. he had a vicious slap.
"Quiet, corporal! We've all had a hard time and you aren't anything special. Now why haven't we called the damn police?"
"I don't have a phone," she replied.
"Son of a fuck! Who the hell doesn't have a phone these days? This is 2017, Melinda! Damn it. You got a steak knife?" She got up from the ground, went to the kitchen, and came back with a freshly sharpened steak knife.

  Walking outside, he told himself he could defeat the enemy. He may have lied to her about the general thing, but he was still dangerous.
"Glad to see you could make it," whispered the masked man behind him.
"You killed her! I'm going to make sure you don't go near anybody ever again," he threatened. He heard a woman scream. I was Melinda. The shadowy man attempted to flee. He threw the knife as it landed right in the back of his skull. He then ran back inside.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a federal court of law." He couldn't believe he had heard that. We're they taking Melinda. By the time they had caught up to her, they were already putting her in the back of the patrol car.
"You pussy! Let her out!" Jason screamed. The cop turned around.
"I'm guessing you're her accomplice?" the officer asked.
"No," she jumped in. "He's my boyfriend. He had nothing to do with this. We had organized a meeting at Pizza Hut. I should have told him what I was about to do." The officer turned to her.
"Is that so?" he inquired.
"Indeed," she replied. *THUD* the cop fell to the ground. "Holy shit. Did you kill him?"
"Not yet." *THUD* *THUD* *THUD* "Dead now."
"You actually killed him!"
"Yep," he said while grabbing the key to the cuffs from the officer's body. "We're leaving, no matter how much you don't like it." He opened her door, turned her, and took the cuffs off. "Get in." She got in the passenger side door. He got in the driver's seat.
  Look, before we go, there is a lot of shit I have to tell you."
"What?" she finally asked.
"I'm not really who you think I am."

© Copyright 2010 gamerdude122 (gamerdude122 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656121-Mystic-Nights-Chapter-1