*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656490-The-Love-Story-for-all-Lovers
by RelliK
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1656490
A young man sees an intense wreck and finds the love of his life.
It is on a dark dreary night that our story starts. Drew was driving down the road at night going to see his parents for the first time in awhile. He was an aspiring writer and was fresh out college. The rain was coming down in heavy sheets and the tall and dark trees were looking creepier than ever before. He could faintly see the headlights of another car about half a mile in front of him but thought nothing of it. Right before he left, his mother had called to tell him that the storm was getting worse, and it wasn’t expected to end or get better anytime soon. All of a sudden, he heard a screeching sound and saw the headlights go into the trees. He sped up to see if he could help in any way and instantly started dialing 911. He was off the phone and hopped out of his car in what seemed like an eternity. The car that was in front of him was now wrapped around a great tree with all the windows smashed out. The driver was a young blonde girl, and had a bleeding gash in her forehead. Drew pulled her from the car, and instantly noticed she was not breathing. He did CPR and right before he almost gave up, she gasped for air. It was still raining so Drew took off his coat and covered her up with it. The girl clung to him for dear life and was crying very intensely. The ambulance arrived and took her away while the cops talked to Drew to find out what he had seen and to try to figure out what had happened. The police let him leave after assessing that he knew nothing and told him what hospital she had gone to. Drew drove the last half an hour to his parents house thinking about nothing but the mysterious girl who’s life he had just saved. He decided that in the morning he would drive to the hospital and see if she was okay.
Drew got up bright and early the next morning and left for the hospital to find out more about this girl who had haunted his dreams the night before. The old grumpy nurse at the front desk pointed him to her room without saying even one word. He knocked on the closed door and a weak girly voice beckoned him inside. Drew slowly opened her door and wondered if coming here to see her was a mistake. The thought was quickly pushed from his mind when he saw how beautiful she was without blood covering her face. She gasped from surprise when she saw the man who had saved her life. She got out of her bed, ran to him, and gave him the best hug that summed up how she was feeling towards him. They talked for an hour, getting to know each other and what not. Drew found out that her name was Kylee and had grown up in a town about ten miles from where he grew up. She had two older brothers and was the baby of the family; he also had two older brothers and was the youngest. She had just left from her house and was going to visit her parents for a couple of days when she got into the wreck. Her hand had been broke and she had to get stitches in her head, but other than that she was okay. The impact of hitting the tree had caused her heart to stop, almost resulting in her demise. Drew didn’t noticed how time had flown by and announced that it was time for him to leave for a big family dinner. She asked for his number and asked if she could call later on to talk about things. He gladly gave it to Kylee and said that it would be fantastic if she called him!
Over the next few weeks they exchanged hour long phone calls every night, and within a month they officially knew everything about each other. Drew finally got up the nerve to admit that he had fallen hard for her and that she meant the world to him. That she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, and she could brighten up his world even when he was horribly depressed. She too felt the same way about him and they started dating, to be together forever hopefully. They went on dates every weekend, whether it be a dinner and movie, or just to one of there houses and cuddled up to watch a movie. They became inseparable and were a “we” instead of a “him” or “her”. Kylee and Drew moved in with each other after eight months of dating and instantly recognized it as the best thing they had ever had done. Kylee was the happiest she had ever been in her life and truly thought that Drew was the one who would always be there for her, in happy or sad times, forever and always. To Drew, she was the best thing on this world and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Kylee was his best friend and girlfriend and he found himself loving her more every single day. On a cool autumn night Drew took Kylee out to eat at the fanciest restaurant in the state. They got all dressed up and ready for an amazing night. They decided to take the scenic route that went through a gorgeous forest with the moon shining brightly overhead. They were talking to each other and joking around like all young lovers do. Drew and Kylee never even saw that the road curved, never even felt the impact of the crash. They died together on one of the happiest nights of their lives. The police found the ring in Drew’s coat pocket when they went through them.
© Copyright 2010 RelliK (nick13260 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656490-The-Love-Story-for-all-Lovers