*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656493-Another-Love-Story-Minus-the-Love
by RelliK
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1656493
A guy with a horrible past befriends a woman and they fall deeply in love with eachother.
Once upon a time in a small town there was a guy. His life wasn’t always the greatest but he tried to better himself at every chance he could. For a couple of months he became horribly depressed and could find no way to make himself happy. He started doing drugs to try and cope with the pain, and for a time it helped. For those couple hours that he was high, he could be anything he wanted and not have to be responsible for the past. People always told him that that wasn’t the way to be happy, that life was worth living. No matter how hard he tried, the problems were always there and it seemed like everything he did was wrong and he just kept disappointing people. Of course there were people that would be there for him and that would always try to help, but the more he talked about it the more he thought about it and the pain resurfaced time and time again. There were also the girls along the way. He would talk to one and always compare her to the one that really had his heart. Somehow they would always be gone and never lasted more than a month. Sometimes it would be his fault because he would just get bored of them and stop talking, or sometimes it would be theirs for being annoying. Nothing entertained this guy anymore besides the drugs that carried him off to foreign lands in search of happiness. School was honestly just a joke anymore, and it was the same thing every day to him. His way of thinking did a complete turn around from even just six months ago. Some days he just wanted to leave, it didn’t matter where but he thought that the whole world couldn’t be this bad or painful. He put on like nothing was happening to him when truly his heart was being torn apart piece by piece. He hurt so much on the inside, but the one thing he could never do was let it out and show people what he was really feeling. If he did that, people would never be able to think of him the same way again.
One day, out of the middle of no where, he started talking to a girl unlike any of the others. Their relationship first started out as a mere friendship talking about anything that came to mind. She told him about her past and opened up to him more than she had ever opened up to any other guy. He knew the pain that she had felt, and was very good at listening to her problems. Even though they weren’t as bad as she thought they were, he knew that the head over-exaggerates almost everything the heart is feeling. She had problems with her boyfriend and he was okay with helping because her being happy made him happy for some reason. This was a totally new feeling for him, but he liked it. She was nice and understanding, but the biggest thing that made them friends was that neither one judged. The guy told the girl about his drug usage and she immediately declared that he stopped. Once again he was okay with this, because for the first time in what seemed liked an eternity, he thought that she actually cared. He didn’t need the drugs to make him happy anymore because he was friends with one of the greatest girls in all of history. He had said that about every girl before, and that they were all the cutest girls in the world, or that they were the nicest, but this time he actually meant it and felt it in his heart. She could brighten up his day with just a simple smile, something that had never been accomplished by anyone else before. She was beautiful, sweet, and purely amazing. If anyone in this world could make him happy, she was the one to do it.
By this point, they were both single and the feelings they had for each other could not be denied any longer. The girl came out one day and told him that she liked him, and he in turn dispelled any thoughts of fear from her mind by telling her that he liked her back. Things were more complicated than seemed and they didn’t know what to do. They stayed best friends telling each other everything (which was hard for the girl, whom had trust issues due to being hurt in her past) never lying to one other for the rest of their lives.
A year after they initially began talking they started dating and were perfect together. Since they started out as best friends, they knew what not to talk about and what not to do, or what to say, and the little things that mattered more than anyone ever thinks. Their friends noticed that they had both gotten a lot happier and were no longer sad about life. Things began to get easier and life started to make sense. The guy found out why the things in his past had happened and finally began to believe a friend who had told him that things always happen for a reason some years ago. The girl realized that all those frogs were worth it to find her prince.
© Copyright 2010 RelliK (nick13260 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656493-Another-Love-Story-Minus-the-Love