*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656732-The-Last-Bar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1656732
The last bar on the cage gave way...


         The last bar on the cage gave way, and the lion still lay quietly, purring like a small kitten. He sat there thirty minutes, just looking at the mesmerized people watching curiously but fearfully at the same time. He did not move a muscle until suddenly a little kid called him.



         “Come here boy,” said the five-year-old boy naively.



         “Do NOT call him!” the infuriated mom screamed.



         But slowly, the lion propped his head up, simultaneously lifting up his four gigantic paws. Taking one step at a time, he looked down, as if sad. He walked slowly to the young boy as the young boy walked slowly toward him.



         “Get back here Johnny,” the mom said in fear.



         “He is okay mom,” Johnny said.



         The lion met the boy. He rubbed his head along Johnny’s torso, purring and whining.



         “What’s wrong little one?” said Johnny worriedly even though the lion’s head was half the size of his body. “ You hungry boy? You want some of my popcorn?” asked Johnny.



         The lion growled, took one bite, and there was no more Johnny. The rampage continued…

© Copyright 2010 dtillery (dtillery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656732-The-Last-Bar