*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656947-CCE-system-introduced-by-CBSE
by Wizard
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1656947
CCE is going to deteriorate learning level to a great extent
Dear readers, I'm writing for the first time on this site. Since, being concerned with education of +2 level, I want to share my views on CCE system initiated by CBSE for the evaluation of all round activities of the students. Undoubtedly, the system should be seen with all the broad- minded view- point, but if you ask the teachers as well students currently studying in CBSE affiliated schools, you'll find most of them saying CCE to be a great blunder. No doubt, it has its advantages too--- it will provide wider scope to the students to develop their various skills simultaneously; it will enable them to search their real talent- if its in academics or in other fields; it will also be helpful for the teachers o promote the students even if they are poor in academics but good in other related activities at school.
But the greatest question arises that will the students be as serious as ever for their academic performance? The saying goes " spare the rod, and spoil the child". Capital punishment has already been banned. Now, the students know that even if they do not do well in academics, they might get promotion for other activities at school. The parents who are well aware of the neck to neck competition for acquiring a job will make their wards work hard, they won't let their wards affected by this new system. They will go on motivating their children for quality in their academics, but what will happen to the students of poor families; the families where the elders or the guardians are not well aware of the the pros and cons of different systems of learning; what about the children of illiterate parents or the families living in rural regions of India who are unaware of the complexities of education and employment. This new system will make them lazy and make them complacent with their mediocre academic performance because they will always have in mind they they are sure to get promotion even if they fail to fulfil the average norms in academic activities. They will just think of passing the exams, they won't strive for excellence and nobody wll be there to tell them the hazardous consequences of such a laziness on their part.
It seems as if the main concern of the policy makers at CBSE is to make the citizens literate but they are not the least concerned about excellence and level of learning imparted to our future- builders, i.e., children of India. 
© Copyright 2010 Wizard (dcooldheer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656947-CCE-system-introduced-by-CBSE