*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657010-mother-and-child
by meenoo
Rated: E · Monologue · Family · #1657010
I first saw her when she came to my house asking for some job.Young,pretty,soft spoken
I first  saw her when she came to my house asking for a job.Young ,pretty,soft spoken
and with a baby who was hardly 9 months old.Before I could tell anything the baby gave me a toothless smile and almost fell out of his mothers arms into mine.I caught him in reflex and I cold see that the moher was flustered and embarrased.After all she was just a maid who had come for the cooking job that I had announced amonst my friends.assuring her that it was allright I asked her to step inside and she sat on the floor beside my chair.I asked her name,"Mamata" she softly replied."Whats his name? Sairam she said."
I was hooked  to Mamata and Sairam.Today I wait for the bell to ring in the morning, I wait with eager arms for Sairam's softness to fiil up my arms.His father a drug addict harassed his mom so much that she left him and today is trying not to be a helpless woman but strong  and independant .
My life is so full of joy , those few hours that mother and son are in my house there is a sense of such unconditional happiness that it feels as if sunshine comes in with them.Life gives us joy in different ways ,its just that we have to identify  and realise what it is that we feel happy with .
© Copyright 2010 meenoo (honeypatnaik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657010-mother-and-child