*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659814-Was-in-my-pocket
by meenoo
Rated: NPL · Other · Drama · #1659814
dreams,ambition,travel,years of separation,lonely,greed,glamour,return back home,happiness
It is said there is always darkness beneath a lamp.It proved so correct for Joel,the home maker,the adventure seeker,the born romantic and of course the hero of this story.
His Irish blood made him so handsome ,the green speckled eyes laced with tawny gold were fringed with thick black lashes ,any girl would die for them.His eyes always were searching for something ,someone ,somewhere ,he did not know what it was .Joel was a great director and actor himself so life for him always had that extra zing and an extra flavour.The plays that he directed touched the heart where it was meant to ,he would knock gently and the audience just opened up the doors so that their emotions were seeped deep with the story that he was trying to tell.It was amazing how he mesmerised the critics and they went back home totally stupefied with their own unknown emotions.Joel still searched and searched for that thing that was missing in his life .

Jasmine came in that day with a friend and was introduced with Joel on the sets of the play that was to be played that autumn.Something stirred,the breeze blew a strand of hair across her face and she thought she was going to drown in the tawny green eyes.Jasmine was just 17 .Everyday she turned up for the reahrsals and learnt her part well.It was a tiny role but the only way she could see Joel.Her heart was so totally lost for this man who did not even know that she existed.As usual the play was a runaway success and the whole team was invited to go to a small town nearby for a charity show.Joel was in a happy mood and took 7 people in his car,Jasmine was also in it. While coming back it was late night and people stayed back but Joel,Jasmine and another friend decided to come back as all had to reach jobs and schools the next day.The full moon was shining and the whole path was a mystical silver,with the breeze from the forest makng Jasmine swoon with her love .Joel was driving and the friend was dozing besides him,Jasmine was sitting just behind him trying to hide her heartbeats .Jasmine was gazing mesmerised at his windswept hair and then her fingers unknowingly as if drawn by thier own will went to his hair and her trembling fingers touched him.Thousand sparkling rockets burst into a million stars ,her breath caught in her throat and then suddenly she felt his warm fingers enclose hers and bring it down to his lips.Eternity thats what one calls it ,this feeling of lightheadedness,bliss, joy and nameless happiness.No words spoken,no voices heard,it was a union of feelings so deeply bound with thoughts and more.

The sleepy friend was dropped outside her house and Joel drove away .He stopped the car turned back and took Jasmine in his arms ,his hungry lips sought hers and the world blotted out off existence.
© Copyright 2010 meenoo (honeypatnaik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659814-Was-in-my-pocket