*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659335-First-Date
by MTerry
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1659335
First Date
It was Sunday, October 6, 1996, when she heard a knock at the door. “Just a minute,” she said. She opens the door and there he was, a hot, good-looking guy. He was wearing blue jeans and black leather jacket. He had a motorcycle helmet in his left hand. She looked into his deep dark mysterious yet glossy brown eyes and was hypnotized. His hair cut was a standard military cut. She looked up into his eyes and with a smile she said, “Hi, I’m Maria come on in.” He said, “Hi, I’m Cris, nice to meet you.” Cris walks in and Maria offers him something to drink. He said, “Not right now, but are you ready to go?”

Several weeks ago, Maria placed an ad on a chat line. She left a brief description of the type of guy she was looking for and a brief description of herself. She was looking for a well dress, business or military man; Caucasian between the ages of 24-30; medium built, a romantic at heart, and someone who enjoys dancing. She had talked to several men, she even went out on a couple of lunch dates and some coffee dates but no one was getting her attention. She had coffee with a businessman, but he was only interested in money. He wanted to know about her wages and credit scores and how it would affect him. She went dancing with a cowboy, but he just wanted to dance and drink. He could not carry a normal conversation without using a four-letter word. This was a big turn off for her. She was invited to a Pilot’s apartment for dinner. Went twice but she did not feel any sparks. He was in the Air Force but still he was not the one. She also went out with an MP from the Air Force and the same thing no sparks. He wanted to meet her parents right away, but she said no. She also met a guy from a near by city but we was overbearing. He wanted to know her where she was at every moment in time; he invited himself to her parents Thanksgiving Dinner. She went without him and he got upset, but she did not care. It got so bad that she had to change her number. Every guy she went out on a date they wanted to take her to bed right away. She was turned off. She wanted more than a one-night stand.

Seeing that her profile was not working she decided to change it. In the background you could hear the PiƱa Colada Song and as she spoke. Two days later, there was a message from someone that thought the song was cute. He left his number, so she called. They spoke for a long time; they talked about their likes and dislikes. His voice was music to her ears. It was the middle of the week and they both had to go to work, but they enjoyed the conversation. He asked, “can I call you tomorrow?” She smiled and very calmed she said, “yes.” As soon as she hangs up, she gets up from the floor and starts dancing. She had butterflies in her stomach the whole time that she was on the phone. Her mouth was hurting because she was smiling so much. She took a shower and got ready for bed. She could not wait for the next morning.

The next day while she’s at work, she can’t wait to get home. She had to be at work by 0745 and start training at 0830. She was a trainer for a telecommunications company. The class was over by 1430, she returned to her desk for more work and left by 1530. On her way home she stop to get a bite to eat. She gets home and takes a shower, watches the news. She was waiting for his call but she really didn’t think he would call. The phone rings and it caused her to jump; it was a telemarketer. The phone rings again; wrong number. She gave up. A few minutes later the phone rings again. She says, “hello.” The voice on the other line was the same voice she heard the night before, it was him calling; “Hi, is this a good time,” he said.


She smiled and said, “Yes, it’s a good time.” She asked, “So, how was your day?” He went on and on about his day. She tried to understand him, but at times his voice would be so soft that she had a hard time following him. This time they didn’t talk for a long time; he had to go eat. But they did talk about meeting each other in person. She wanted to meet for coffee or lunch during the weekend. He was thinking more like a movie this coming weekend. They talked for the next several days and decided to go to the movies on Sunday afternoon.

It’s Sunday afternoon and she’s getting ready for her first date with a guy that she’s talked for a couple of days. Finally she gets to meet him in person. As she’s getting ready the phone rings. It’s him on the other line. She got the worst idea; he was cancelling; but no he called to let her know that he was going to pick her up in his motorcycle. He wanted her to wear jeans and to make sure she wore a long sleeve shirt or a jacket. Boy, this made her nervous. She had never been on a motorcycle before. He told her that it would be o.k. He assured her that he was a good driver and would allow anything bad to happened.

As they watch the movie, their arms share the armrest. Both are careful not to make the other uncomfortable. His friends are going to a local spot for dinner; they head off to back to her place. He walks her to her door and she invites him in. They talk about the movie and he goes in for a good night kiss. She returns the kiss and she's enjoying it to. Butterflies are going all over the place. She feels light head, she wants to fall, but his arms around her are holding her up. He unzips his jacket and she helps him take it off. She takes off her sweater and they sit on the floor and continue to kiss.

He leans his back against the wall and she sits in front of him with her back to him. He moves her hair to the side and kisses her neck. She beginning to laugh, "It tickles," she says. "That's the idea, I want to hear you laugh," he said. So he would kiss her and blow in her ear. The more he did it, the more she laughed. He started to tickle her and she kept on laughing. She has never laughed so much nor with so much joy. She had to tell him to stop, but he wouldn't. Then he started laughing as well. It was very late and they both had to go to work the next day.

As she fell asleep, she thought about the kiss. The moment that he lend forward, the moment she closed her eyes, the moment their lips touched each other. She could feel his lips pressing against hers, she could smell his fragrance. As she was thinking back, her face was glowing and she was smiling from cheek to cheek. Her mouth was hurting because she could not stop smiling. The butterflies return, and so did the laughter. This kiss was the beginning to something new, a new journey, a new adventure and a new life. Little did she know how her life would change.

She fell asleep in his arms. Once she was fast asleep, he covered her; he went back to his own place.

They continued to talk on the phone for the next several days. The weekend came and she goes to his apartment. She found his place and they had dinner. She remembers the kiss and wants to kiss him again. They kiss and kiss. They make love for the first time. She was very nervous and he could tell by the way she was shaking. He took her into his arms and held her tight and said, “It’s o.k. if you’re not ready. She said, “I’m ready I’m nervous.” He kissed her lips, her neck; they laid in bed kissing until she was more comfortable. He takes off his t-shirt and continues to kiss her. She takes off her shirt and he enjoys the view of her breast. He thought they were becoming. As his hands come in contact wither her breast, he feels the softness, tenderness and smoothness of her skin. This was a moment of passion that brought out the best in her. They made love under the sheets.
He took his time with her; he let her know how beautiful her body looked. She smiled and said, “Thank you.” But in her mind she was affirmed, this would turn into a one-night stand. She was afraid to open her eyes. When it was over, they took a shower and she started to get dress. He was getting a T-shirt out and noticed that she was getting ready. “What are your doing?” he asked. “Getting ready to go, so you can go to bed,” she said. He comes over to her and hands her the t-shirt, “here put this on. Spend the night,” he said. He takes her hand and leads her to the bed. “Which side do you want?” he asked. “I’ll take the right side,” she said.

He pulls her closer to him and watch TV. His roommate was not home and would not be home until Sunday. She falls asleep in his arms. Her arm is wrapped around his waist. He is afraid to move so she doesn’t wake up. He turns off the T.V. and he falls asleep with her; in each other’s arms.

This was the beginning to a relationship.
© Copyright 2010 MTerry (maryterry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659335-First-Date