*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659475-The-HP-Effect-Chapter-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Caliko
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1659475
Something harmless can always turn around and slap you in the face when provoked...
I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since we met. A whole year...
“Yeah, dad! It’s packed properly, just leave it alone. Don’t root through my bag mum!”
“What’s this for?”
“Just in case.  I kinda need it too.”
“Lucas. You do not need a Swiss army knife if your going to go camping with Josh.”
“It’s got different tools on it other than a knife you know. Useful tools and that’s why I need it mum.”
I did this fairly regularly with Josh. At least once a month, we, camped in a tent in a wooded area together. Just to get away from life, to talk and the main reason, to meet a very special someone but little did I know, that, life was just going to come back and slap me in the face.
“Are you gonna stop complaining about what I take with me ‘cause I take the same stuff with me every damn month!” My dad just stood there, looking, first at me, then the bag, then me again. He gave a slight nod to me, to which, I smiled and nodded back.
“I’ll be back in four days alright? Same as usual.” I said, as, the doorbell rang, “That’ll be Josh.”
I rushed downstairs to open the door but my brother, Adam, got there first.
“Hey Jos--!”
One problem. It wasn’t him.
“WHOO?” they said in a confused voice,
“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!” Adam screamed as he tripped over
Good job I had my stuff with me because by the looks of things, I really had to leave. I quickly shouted goodbye, and ran out the front door, slamming it shut behind me. I honestly couldn’t believe what had just happened. Someone I had to keep a secret for a whole year had just waltzed up to my house and just rang the doorbell. Only me and Josh knew about her.
“God damn it Latias!”
I heard an all too familiar voice,
“Josh? Is that you?”
“No you!” Josh responded,
“Seriously Josh, i’ve had to put up with your YouTube references for too long.”
It may have been wearing off on me, but, Latias sure still found it funny. She was in stitches on the floor.
“You’ve got nothing to be laughing about!” I said firmly. Latias stopped laughing and promptly turned invisible. “You know very damn well that no one can know about you. I don’t do it to be mean it’s just...I just don’t want to see you get hurt because of it.” We started walking away from the house and down path. Latias turned visible again and lay her head on my shoulder whilst looking at me with her big, amber eyes.
Josh was sniggering,
“What are you giggling about?”
“Nothing.” He replied
“You’re sniggering about something.”
“I’m not.” He said whilst trying not to laugh even louder. Latias obviously knew he was thinking of something to do with me and her and begun to scowl at him. I was starting to realise too.
“Josh. I know what you were laughing at and it’s not funny. She’s just a good friend. I don’t...love her or anything.
“Well it brought back memories of the first term of year ten.” Josh replied,
“Oh for God’s sake, don’t start you asshole!”
“Fe---tish” Josh whispered at me.
“Shut up Josh! I never did and I still don’t have one over...them.”I snapped.
“Sure you don’t” Josh teased. I could tell that he would never change.
“Forget it, man. Latias I really think you should turn invisible again. I don’t want people to do what my brother did.”I said trying to change the subject,
“WHOOOOOO!” Latias replied with a smile on her face. She was obviously thinking about what she made Adam do.
“Anyway, I don’t want to dig up old dirt, but, what made you ring the doorbell? And why didn’t Josh try and stop you?”
“Hey! I did try and stop her but I accidentally let go. She was determined to see you earlier than usual.”
“I can understand that but surely she knows that I don’t live on my own. I don’t know what my family would do. Good thing it was just Adam that saw you though because no one will believe him as only he saw her.” I turned to Latias and she looked at me in a sort of shy way. As if to say ‘I’m sorry’.
I looked at my watch.
“Whoa! It’s already five o’clock! We left at three!” I said.
“Good job were here then!” Josh replied,
And he was right. We set up the tents, even one for Latias, which she never used as she insisted on staying with me in mine, in doing so she forced me to buy a wider tent so she could fit her wings in without damaging anything. It never took long and it took even less time to set everything up inside. We were in the same spot we went to every month. Away from everything and everyone. Somewhere that we could just mess around and have fun with Latias. A place where no one could find her or us.
Things changed...
© Copyright 2010 Caliko (caliko100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659475-The-HP-Effect-Chapter-I