*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659476-The-Hp-Effect-Chapter-II
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Caliko
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1659476
Something harmless can always turn around and slap you in the face when provoked...
Josh was sitting in his tent messing around with a torch we brought with us; I was sitting in front of the campfire, doing what’s stereotypical, toasting marshmallows. Latias regularly poked her head out of MY tent, doing what I can only gather as, whinging at me to do something. I could tell that she was directing it at me and not at Josh’s epileptic torch because she kept making a loud, shrill at me and every time I turned around to look she had, what can only be described as, the cutest angry face ever.
“Latias. Why don’t you stop shrieking at me and have a roasted marshmallow?”
“WHOOOO!” Latias replied with that same face,
“Well whatever it is you’re gonna have to wait. Sure you don’t want a mallow?”
“WHOO!” Latias simply ‘said’ whilst pulling her head back into the tent.
“You might not want to leave her waiting Lucas.” Josh said,
“What's that supposed to mean?” I replied in suspicion,
“You know, she might want you for more than you realise.”
At that moment I could hear Latias talking to herself in a dark tone. No doubt over what Josh said.
“Josh. You honestly push the boundaries sometimes. You’re not just irritating me anymore with this lark going on. One day your gonna wake up to Latias with an urge to kill.”
I heard Latias again. Seemed like she agreed with my remark.
“Yeah well one day you might wake up to Latias ON you.”
“SHUT THE HELL UP JOSH!” I shouted back
Josh burst out laughing while Latias screamed and burst out the tent, raging in anger. She looked as though she was about to rip Josh limb from limb. I had to jump off the chair I was on and grab hold of her wing.
“Latias! Don’t! He’s irritated me for the last year and a half with this and he still is but please. Please don’t do anything stupid!”
Latias stopped where she was and looked at me. I could see in her eyes that she wanted to get revenge on Josh for what he had said. “This isn’t normal of her.” I thought to myself, “She used to be nothing but a ball of fur and happiness, but now whenever Josh makes a remark about me or her, she seems to be so...protective.” Latias knew that I was mulling over this fact and she seemed to loosen up slightly, but not by much.
Suddenly something broke our stare,
There were crackling footsteps coming from the path just behind where we set up camp.
“Crap, crap, crap, crap! No one ever comes here! Errrrrrm...Latias your gonna have to kill him some other time. You have to turn invisible. NOW!”
Latias growled in the direction of Josh, shook herself out of my grip and promptly turned invisible.
The footsteps grew ever closer until we could finally see a group of about five men emerge from the darkness of the trees. They looked incredibly suspicious, if not more due to them being here so late at night but then again so were we.
They wore black and grey combats with badges embroidered onto them. The lettering was impossible to make out in this light.
“Josh get out here now! We’ve got company.”
“They’re not Pokémon eggs are they?”
“Wha...? No you ass a group of guys.”
“HEY! YOU!” Shouted one of the men
I instantly snapped round to look at him as Josh was stepping out of his tent’s entrance.
“Come here! Both of you!” He commanded
“Who are you? Can we see any ID?” Josh asked,
“What the hell Josh?! These aren’t the sort of people to have any ‘ID’” I hissed at Josh,
“Were known as SPAS. That’s all you need to know” The man replied,
“Spas?” Josh replied in stitches, “Isn't that from MW2?” I said,
“Nerd.” Josh whispered back
I simply turned to Josh and looked at him to remind him of his nine day play time over my three days.
The guy that called us over gave a loud cough to bring our attention back to him.
We turned back to face him,
“Now that I’ve got your attention again, we would like to know if you’ve seen anything remotely like this before.” He said as he pulled out a small, crumpled photo and handed it to us.
Josh and I looked over the photo and we saw what appeared to be a red and white draconic like figure in some trees.
“Latias!” I thought to myself,
“You look like you’ve got something on your mind young man!” the man said to me,
“No, no just trying to remember if I’ve seen anything like this. But I really don’t think I have.” I responded,
“Well, if you see anything like this from now, give us a call.” He replied, handing me what appeared to be a small business card.
The group of men slowly dissipated back into the woods without another word.
I slowly turned to Josh, still looking at the card given to me. I broke my gaze and looked up at Josh with an emotionless face.
“They know about Latias.” I mumbled,
“We’ve got to do something ‘cause she obviously ain’t being careful about her visibility.” Josh replied.
“Speaking of which where is she?” I said. “We can’t call her because, they, might hear.” I whispered,
“There has to be some way of getting her to respond. You’re the nerd on her, surely you know something.” Josh continued,
“For once I agree with you. Hang on. She’s a psychic type right?” I asked,
“Yeah but what does that have to do with get...”
“She’s telepathic!“ I cut in,
We spent about ten minutes attempting a, sort of, telepathic connection to her but we had absolutely no response from her.  I couldn’t stand the thought of something happening to her. She meant the world to me, however, it was slightly more than either of us realised.
This was the moment we had to do something. The moment I had to do something, the thing was we never knew where she was. For all we knew she could have been found by someone. Someone that wanted to find her.  We couldn’t let that happen. Josh and I doused the fire, packed up our things and went out to find her. We had to find her no matter what...
© Copyright 2010 Caliko (caliko100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659476-The-Hp-Effect-Chapter-II