*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659626-Wolves-cant-be-caught-Chapters-15---End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Other · #1659626
bitten by werewolf. must accept changes while being chased by army and police
Wolves can’t be caught

Chapter 15
Were-fox

Where can I go? With all that rabbit blood and mud on my clothes I can’t enter the city anymore.
Willem has been asking the same question for a while now.
For the time being I will stay in this forest. Definitely with the police in the surrounding areas. They found my bike. They took samples from the scene and they searched the forest. Luckily I could hide. And now they’re still busy with the investigation. I guess they think I’m murdered or something. Haha, if they knew...
Willem smiled.
Wait a minute... What do I smell? It is him!
The same police officers who chased Willem a few hours before walked to the officers in white suits.

This can’t be true! How do they know about this place?
Of course, he is the one who attacked me here. What is he going to do next?
My God. Of course. This is definitely what I need. Everybody is leaving except himself. I need a better hiding place. What? He is following my blood trail! He is looking for me! He... He has a muzzle, a snout, fur, the ears. He... How did he do that?
He’s sniffing. Oh no, if I can smell him, then he can smell me too! He’s coming my way.
Please, not this way, not this way, not this way. Phew... Lucky me. He’s searching the wrong bushes. His phone rings. And he just changes back to human! Wtf?! I have to learn that trick.
“Yes? No... Yes, I’ll be back in a minute. How is our guest doing?... Ok... cya.”
Now he’s going to call.
“Hello?... Yes, we have a problem here... yes, he’s gone. I can’t find him.... Yes?... Ok... all right. Bye.”
What? Are there more werewolves? Or are there more people who know about werewolves? I have to be careful. He’s not the only one.
There his colleague arrives.
“Didn’t I tell you to stay with the car?”
“No, you told that you would be there in a minute. And by the way, I’m quite an impatient person.”
“Haha, I realized that a moment ago. If you’re impatient, you shouldn’t have joined the force boy.”
Is he a werewolf too? Mwah... No, he smells... humanlike. Does his colleague know that he’s a werewolf? I don’t think so; else he didn’t have to change back.
Finally, they’re gone. But they might come back, he has smelled my scent.

Willem waited until he could hear the car driving away.
Sigh. What now? He knows I’m here.
Why is searching for me?
He is the one who bit me.
I haven’t done anything wrong to him.
I’ve never came in contact with the police. (Except the time he peed in public. Oh yeah, and public alcohol consumption too. And oh yeah, the night when we burnt the hedge of the holiday cottage.)
But why is he looking for me? Maybe he wants to help me? I don’t trust this guy. And why can he change just like that and I can’t? I don’t want to be like that forever. It is cool however. I can see, hear and smell better and I’m bigger and stronger. But I don’t want raw rabbit meat on my menu. I don’t want to be lonely for the rest of my life. By the way, what should I become then? I can’t finish my education like that. I trust my friends, but can I trust them this secret? This sucks terribly. This is impossible. I can’t do this. I can’t do this. I don’t want to be a wolf anymore. It is fun for one time, but I want to change back. I don’t want to stay like this. I want to hang out with my friends, see my family. I want to be back normal. I don’t want any damn fur.
Willem scratched his furry chest with his talons. The scratch started to bleed.
I don’t want this. Dammit. I don’t want to be a wolf. Stupid cop. Why me? I can’t do this. I don’t want this. I want to be back normal. Dammit.
He growled loudly and hit a tree with his paw. Bark and branches fell from the tree. Panting, he didn’t move a few seconds.
Auhautsj... I can’t do this.
He collapsed and whined.
Why me?
For the first time as a werewolf, drops of tears emerged from his yellow eyes. He didn’t care anymore. He directed his muzzle to the sky and howled.

Snif snif...
He sniffed again.
Snif snif... What do I smell?
It smelled familiar but he was sure he hasn’t smell this scent before.
I smell something. It wasn’t one of the regular animals in the forest nor was it a human.
He stood up. He sniffed again.
Crack.
Shit! Somebody is very near!
He crawled back into the bushes. He lied down while adrenaline started to flow through his veins.
How could someone sneak up to me like that?
Willem looked around anxiously.
Where is the sneaky bastard? Nobody. Nowhere. The scent is getting stronger though. I smell... her? A she? For crying out loud, how could I smell that? Wait, something moved there. Was that her? No, nothing.
A tiny breeze swept the scent into Willem’s muzzle.
So there she is! Shit, she knows. There she goes! Gone again... Where is she? I’m sick of this. I am the big bad wolf! Why am I the one who is scared?! Come on. Let that anger fill up. Yes, become angry. I’m not afraid.
He stood up on his four paws, walked out of the bushes to confront the intruder and growled into the direction the scent came from.
Come on! Where are you?!
He sneaked around looking for the intruder.
She’s very close now. I can hear her heart beat. I smell her scent. Yes, let the hunting instinct rise. She’s somewhere over here. Very close. Dammit, she’s good at this.
He continued his search.
There!
Sounds of bristling leaves and branches came from a few bushes further away. He sneaked to the place where the sound came from and smelled the ground.
She was here. Where is she now?
He sniffed again.
I am much closer now. Very very close. Shit.
Willem realized too late.
Something jumped at Willem into his right side. They rolled a few meters before a fox was lying on Willem. The paws of the vixen pushed on Willem’s fur who was now lying on his back. Surprised he looked at the fox.
“So you’re the new one.” The fox said.
Willem snarled. He was bigger and stronger than the fox, so he rolled the fox aside and sat on her instead. Willem’s position was in favour now. He growled again and showed his teeth although he was still surprised.
A talking fox?
“Don’t stare at me like that. You’re dribbling on my fur by the way.”
A large drop of saliva fell on her fur.
“You don’t talk that much, do you?”
No answer.
“Uhm... I’ll start then. I’m Vicky, nice to meet you.”
Willem growled.
“Anyway... can you please get off me?”
“What are you doing here?!” Willem snarled at her.
“Your paws are touching my errr...” She nodded downwards.
Willem blushed of shame when he realized his paws just touched her breasts while he was pressing her down. He quickly got off her.
“Sorry... I didn’t know that err...”
“Doesn’t matter. In fact I should be apologizing. I shouldn’t have jumped you like that.”
They sat down. Willem looked at her eyes.
Those eyes. She is a werefox.
He was glad there were more people like him.
“Your eyes... they’re...”
“Oh, eh... Thank you...” If Vicky didn’t have any fur, Willem could’ve seen that Vicky was blushing.
“Oh no, I meant ... Yes uh...” Now if Willem didn’t have any fur, Vicky could’ve seen that Willem was blushing.
“Those were-eyes? ... oh... You didn’t meant that I ... Oh sorry, of course. You can recognize other werepeople by looking at their eyes.” She looked a bit disappointed.
“Oh ok.... I like your eyes anyway.” They both blushed.
Idiot, why did I say that?
They sat there silent for a few seconds, waiting for the other one to say something and not knowing what to say. To break the silence Willem started.
“I’m Willem, nice to meet you.”
“Oh hi. Since when are you like this?”
“Since this morning. But I was bitten last night.”
“Ok.”
Then Willem remembered all the questions he had.
“But, now you’re the first werefox I’ve met. Maybe it’s impolite to ask, but I’ve a lot of questions.”
“Sure, you can ask.” She looked delighted.
“Will I always stay like that? How can I change myself? And who is that police officer?”
“Wow, wait a minute. I’ll explain everything. You were infected yesterday, weren’t you?”
Willem nodded.
“Then that means it happened during full moon. All werecreatures change into their animal form during in the night during full moon. Some people can’t control themselves at that moment.”
“But during the day is no full moon. Why am I still a wolf?”
“You stay in this wolf form for a while because you’re new. After you’ve been bitten, you first heal all your wounds. Then you will change into a wolf for the first time. That is the most painful part.”
“Yes, I noticed. But what do you mean with ‘a while’?”
“A few days.”
“What?!! A few days?! Then how can I...”
“Take it easy, you’ll change back when there’s no full moon anymore. Because of the sun shines during the day doesn’t means the moon disappeared. The moon’s light is just weakened.”
“So when will I change back?”
“The day after tomorrow.”
Willem whined.
“No worries, these will be your best days of your life!”
Willem looked back to her.
“You will discover all kinds of things! Freedom, nature and more. Your biter will... Oh, by the way, I have a question. Where is your biter?”
“My biter?”
“Yes, the one who bit you last night?”
“I don’t know. I only know he’s a police inspector.”
“A police inspector? Hmmm...” Vicky pondered. “No, I don’t know him. Because usually it is the biter’s responsibility to take care of the new-were.”
“So I’m the new-were?”
“The biter then takes care of you. He takes care of that you stay hidden the first days and that you learn your new instincts in a safe way while you’re also able to control them. Usually that is in a big deserted forest. Not like this one, this one has a path in it. Those days are the most fun days. At least, that’s what I think.”
“Ok, what now?”
“It seems like you already know how to walk and hunt on four paws. Well done by the way. But as for the rest, I need to hide you. Because I only have a bike and no car, we’re forced to that in this forest.”
“Here? What about the police inspector? What if he finds me?”
“Your biter? He’s probably looking for you to take care of you. That’s his responsibility.”
“Oh ok. I saw him calling somebody that he couldn’t find me.”
“You see! He couldn’t find you. Luckily I found you; else you could get caught or seen by someone. But I’ll tell you the rules later. Anyway, I found you because I heard your howl. Let’s go, we’re going deeper into the forest, away from the path. There we can build a den.”
“A den?”
“Of course, how are you going to stay dry and hidden? You will surely be staying here for a few days. So you learn how to build a den the first day already.”
They walked deeper into the forest.
“Wait a minute. I’m going to fetch something.” Vicky said and she ran off.
A few minutes later she came back with a bag of clothes.
“Those are my clothes; we’re taking those with us.” The continued their walk.
“But, you just changed into a fox?”
“Yes, everybody can transform anytime if they want. Except during full moon and you can’t. You transformed for the first time. You will have to learn how to transform back too.”
“You just transformed for me?”
“I don’t want to die trying to convince a giant wolf.” She smiled. “I’m going to change tonight anyways.”
“So all werewolves and werefoxes change tonight during full moon?”
“Not only werewolves and werefoxes. All were creatures.”
“So there are other sorts?”
“Tigers, lions, dogs, uhm... let’s say all mammals. But over here werewolves and werefoxes are the majority. I think. I’ve only met a weredog and werecat besides werewolves and werefoxes. But I’ve also heard that for example in Asia there are a lot weretigers. So it depends on.”
Willem was happy that other people bared the same fate.
I’m not alone! I can’t wait to meet more werefolks!
“All right, this is a nice spot. Let’s build our den here.”
“We?”
“During the night I will stay here to make sure you don’t become too wild. And somebody has to teach you the rules. Every werewolf MUST obey the rules. They cannot be broken, else you jeopardize every werewolf. It happened before during the Middle Ages for example. During those times, a lot of werewolves ended up on the stake.”
“How many rules are there?”
“A lot. But most of them are logical. I’ll tell you the most important ones. 1: A werewolf may NEVER be caught. If a fellow werewolf threatens to be caught, you MUST help him escape or prevent him being caught. This also counts for prisons. So stay out of trouble. Nobody wants a werewolf in prison during full moon. 2: Don’t wander in places where there is a chance that people might see you when you’re in wolf form. 3: As a werewolf you’re faster, stronger and more powerful. But this doesn’t means you’re invincible. A regular kitchen knife through your heart or brains is fatal. So don’t think only silver bullets can hurt you.”
“That’s it?”
“The most important three rules, yes. Let’s start digging. It will be dark soon.”
She showed him how she dug a hole. Willem joined her digging. For a moment he looked at his chest, the wound and blood was gone. The bruise on his paw was also gone.



Wolves can’t be caught

Chapter 16
Final

Willem watched her dig.
She looks stunning. I never thought that I would like a girl with fur.
“Hello? Willem?”
Willem shook his head.
“Oh sorry, I was uh... daydreaming a bit.”
Willem continued to work on the den.
We nearly met and I already like her. She is the first who has been nice to me since my change. Somebody like me. Somebody who doesn’t hunts me. Somebody who cares about me.
He looked around his shoulder to Vicky.
Damn, and she looks good too.
He inhaled the pheromones.
Vicky turned around and watched at him. Their eyes made eye contact. For a moment they stared at each other. Amber yellow eyes. Quickly Willem returned to his job and smiled.
“What’s the matter?” Vicky asked.
“Nothing...” Willem answered while trying to sound as innocent as possible.
“I think you’re hiding something.”
Willem kept digging and didn’t look at her, embarrassed.
“No, I’m not.”
“Yes you are.” Vicky teased.
“No, I am not!” Willem growled slightly and abruptly turned around.
They both startled. Both furry faces were facing each other very closely. They stared into each their eyes longer than half a minute. It felt like an eternity. Willem started to get nervous.
Wow, she is stunning.
Finally, Willem found some courage and began.
“I like you.” Willem stammered.
Vicky softly opened her muzzle and licked Willem’s snout.
“I like you too.”
Willem licked back. Then they looked to the sky. He proudly howled of happiness. Vicky added her howl and whines too.
She likes me! Yes! She likes me!
Tears of happiness rolled from Willem’s eyes into his fur.
After the howling concert they lied down. Vicky let her foxy head rest on Willem’s furry chest. Willem put an arm around her. Together they watched the sky darkening into twilight.


Jansens drove in his own Ford Focus. Wolkers sat beside him.
“Turn left here Jansens, a few blocks further is my house.”
“Ok.”
Jansens turned the steering wheel so the Ford calmly entered a neighborhood. The headlights slightly lightened the street because the street lights were already turned on. The red orange sun was readying up to stay hidden for the coming hours.
I got to go home quickly, bathroom, take off clothes and then transform. It is almost time. Take it easy old man. Don’t cause any suspicion.
“So what do you find about your first day?”
“Spectacular. Yes that’s the right word. Spectacular. I had to draw my pistol and we’ve chased a burglar! Today was awesome. It is very tiring though.”
“You deserved rest after such a day.” Wolkers complimented.
“Straight ahead by the way. I live a bit further down the road. I’ll hop off there and you can go home then.”
The dark blue Ford Focus stopped in front of Wolkers house. Wolkers opened the car door.
“Ah, home... Ok, I’ll cya tomorrow.” Wolkers said while he stepped out of the car.
“Ok, cya tomor...”
A police siren sounded from Wolkers pockets. He flipped open his mobile phone.
“Hello Wol....” Wolkers interrupted his name. He just kept nodding.
“ ....      .....        ....        ....          ....        .... ok.”
“What was that?” Jansens asked.
But Wolkers already had jumped back into the car.
“Drive!”


“I can hear them howling.”
“Yeah, I hear them too.”
“I told you they were here!”
“You’re always right as usual captain.”
Captain Vissers looked satisfied. Then he raised his head.
“Lieutenant, look who we’ve got here.”
Captain Vissers and lieutenant Verhoeven both put their night goggles on. Shortly the headlights of the approaching car blinded the saturated green vision. The car braked on two parking places and a man from the passenger side stepped out. The man had a few words with the driver and ran off into the forest. The two military stared at him from the jeep.
“Is it him?”
“I think so.” Vissers answered.
Captain Vissers pulled out his Glock 17 from his legholster and cocked it to make sure that there was a bullet in the chamber.
“You stay here to watch the driver.”


“You stay here in the car!” Wolkers told Jansens while he stepped out of the car.
“But... Where are you going? What’s going on?”
Wolkers was about to leave but he turned back to Jansens, leaned on the roof and looked down.
“I can’t explain this now. Just stay here and don’t do a thing!”
“Shall I call backup?”
“No, this is something I have to do on my own.”
A short silence.
“Please.”
Wolkers looked at Jansens.
“.... But.... Oh whatever, you’re the boss.”
Wolkers however already ran off.
Dammit, why does he suddenly have to go there? Our shift ended an hour ago. Wait a minute, isn’t this the same spot as the missing kid case? The investigation... During the investigation he was so eager to come here. He also went into the forest on his own that midday. Maybe Wolkers has something to do with it. Has my partner committed a crime? Anyway, he is hiding something... I don’t get it. Now he just goes back into this damned forest all alone, just like today. Crap, I can’t see into the forest. It’s too dark. Where is he now? The forest is freaking big. Huh? What’s that? Somebody else is entering the forest! No, he is rather sneaking into it. There’s something going on. Shit, he’s gone. I can’t see him anymore. Dammit, this is going wrong. Where have I got myself into? Maybe this is a drugs deal. And maybe the missing boy saw too much. But why was Wolkers called at this late instant? Sigh. I’ll just have to wait then.
Suddenly a gunshot sounded in the distance.
Was that Wolkers?
“Shit!” Jansens cursed. He grabbed his torch and stepped out of the car. He also opened his holster to make sure he was able to reach his Walther P5 pistol at a moment’s notice.
I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Jansens thought while he entered the dark forest.


Wolkers ran into the forest. The moon was now shining through the growing darkness. Twilight was changing into night. Patches of fur started to grow on Wolkers skin. He ran faster. His nose formed into a snout while his muzzle grew forwards. Ears were shapeshifting into big pointy and furry ears on the top of his head. He kept running. He stopped running for a moment to smell the air. In the car he could hear that the howling was coming from here somewhere. His running slowly changed into long jumps as his digitigrade feet ripped his shoes. He was close now, he could smell it. His tail ripped through his pants.


Bliss.
Willem stretched. He felt like the full moon was giving him extra energy. It made him wild. It seemed like that Vicky was also enjoying it. She kept staring at the pale white clear moon.
Suddenly Willem smelled something.
“Vicky!” Willem whispered.
“Huh? What?” Vicky asked while he was still enthralled by the moon.
“I smell something!” Willem whispered anxious.
Vicky stood up on her four paws and sniffed the air.
“Yes, I smell it too.”
“It’s the policeman!”
“Your biter? Ok then, he’s coming to help us.”
“I don’t trust him. He’s a police officer!”
“That’s why we can trust him right? All werepeople have all kinds of occupations you know.”
“Shht, here he comes.”
Willem and Vicky crawled into their den, waiting for the werewolf to leave. Surprisingly, the werewolf ran straight to the den.
“Get out! Quick!” the policeman whispered.
No answer.
“I know that you’re in your den! Now come out! You’re in danger!”
“In danger?” Vicky suddenly asked.
“Vicky, shut up!”
“Vicky? I’ve heard about you. Now please listen to me! My name is Wolkers and I’m a werewolf. You got to leave right now.”
“For what?” Willem asked with mistrust.
“There’s no time for explanation! Follow me! Dammit! I smell his scent.”
Wolkers looked around anxiously.
“Smell who?” Vicky asked.
“I smell him too. It’s a human scent. Let’s get out of here.” Willem said.
Vicky and Willem quickly crawled out of their den and followed Wolkers. Willem noticed that police officer Wolkers also had a muzzle and paws. Wolkers fur was black and darker than Willems though.
“Sssssht...” Wolkers whispered. Willem saw how Wolkers drew his pistol.
Then he also noticed the strong scent of a human. The man was chasing them very closely. They continued fleeing until they arrived in a small clearing. Pale white blue light lit the open space.
How can somebody follow us in the dark that closely? Wait, was that something?
“Wolkers, I think I saw something there.”
Wolkers stopped in the middle of the clearing and sniffed.
“Run.” Wolkers whispered.
Suddenly a gunshot sounded. The bullet ricocheted against a rock.
“Not so fast you three...”
A military with large goggles in front of his eyes appeared from the bushes. Wolkers raised his pistol at him.
“Uh uh uh. Else they are gone.” The army officer aimed his pistol at Vicky.
“Well well, finally I’ve caught you. And you know what? I’ve caught three of them.”
“Wolves can’t be caught. You know that.” Wolkers answered.
“Oh, I think I just did. Finally everyone will believe me. I, Colonel Vissers, will be promoted to general. Finally I will receive the fame and honor which was taken away from me. Taken away... Finally I can revenge my best friend’s life you monsters took away!”
“You’re mad.”
“And who are you to say that? I’m the one with the firearm here.”
“Me too.” Wolkers pulled back the hammer.
“And me too.” Everybody looked up in surprise. It was Jansens who spoke the remarkable words.  Three men were standing in a triangle aiming with their pistols. Vissers aimed at Willem and Vicky, Wolkers and Jansens aimed at Vissers.
“You know that when one of you fires, that I will have long killed those two.”
“And we you.” Wolkers answered.
“Hey hey hey, I think we’ve met before. Aren’t you those two cops I crashed into today?”
“Pleasure to meet you.” Wolkers sarcastically greeted.
“Wolkers and Jansens I presume? Hmm... So you are Wolkers the werewolf and you are Jansens?”
Jansens looked at Wolkers. Then he saw that Wolkers had grey black fur all over his body. Also, he realized he had mistaken the two creatures on the ground as animals. Those weren’t two normal foxes. But it was a grey wolf trying to protect the fox by shielding her. They both resembled humans for just a little bit.
Jansens aimed his Walther pistol at Wolkers who was then forced to lower his pistol.
“Ahah, inspector Jansens, I’m glad you agree. These monsters must be destroyed.”
Jansens looked at Vissers. Then he looked back at the furry werewolf who was supposed to be Wolkers. He looked at the other two werepeople again.
“No Jansens, we are no monsters. The missing boy, is that wolf over there.”
Jansens peered at the werewolf who was still shielding the fox.
“Inspector Jansens, these are no humans. These are murderers. Violent and merciless beasts!”
Jansens turned back to Wolkers.
“Wolkers, why?”
“I can’t do anything about this Jansens. Please, trust me. I’ll explain everything.”
“Who says that you won’t kill me?”
“Because I won’t Jansens. I have never killed and will also never kill anyone. That man in the contrary finds it normal to kill humans and animals.”
“Hahahahaha!” Vissers laughed. “Humans and animals?! You are neither of them! You don’t deserve to live. The only thing you low life creatures awaits is death.”
Vissers aimed at Willem and Vicky who tried to jump away together. But not a single moment later a loud pistolshot echoed in the forest. Jansens startled from the loud bang and looked at Vissers. Wolkers grabbed this chance and hit the pistol out of Jansens hands with his big paw and then jumped at him.
“Sorry...” Wolkers whispered before he slowly stabbed his sharp fangs into Jansens arm. Jansens screamed terrified and yelled out of pain trying to escape from Wolkers grasp. But Wolkers didn’t let his grasp loosen.
Willem checked if Vicky was hurt. Nothing. And himself wasn’t hit neither.
They looked at Vissers while Wolkers was still grabbing Jansens.  Vissers had dropped his pistol. Dark red fluid soaked his army uniform from the middle of his chest. He dropped to his knees and then fell on his side exhaling his last breath. His eyes stared into the distance while his pupils started to widen.
Wolkers finally released Jansens.
“Aaargh!!” Jansens screamed out of pain. “Why?!! Why Wolkers?!!!!”
“Sorry Jansens. It had to be done. You knew too much.”
“Wat?! No! No, this can’t be happening!”
“Don’t worry, everything will be just fine.”
Wolkers stood up while Jansens lied on the ground moaning and turning.
“You’re late. Where were you?” Wolkers started.
A soldier stepped into the clearing.
“I’m never too late nor too early Wolkers.”
The soldier put his smoking black pistol back into his leg holster and hugged Wolkers.
“Haha, you’ve done very well!” Wolkers praised.
The soldier released the hug and looked at Vicky.
“Everything fine honey?”
“Yes dad, we’re ok.”
“Dad?” Willem wondered.
“Yeah, come, I’ll introduce you. Dad, this is Willem. Willem, this is my dad Verhoeven.”
Lieutenant Verhoeven shook Willem’s paw.
“Nice to meet you. So you’re Willem. But err... I wondered. How old are you?”
“Dad!”
“What? Just in case.”
Willem curiously looked at Verhoeven. A non-were, the father of Vicky? Who would’ve thought about that? I thought that Vicky’s parents were also werepeople.
“Oh. Just let them, they’re still young.” Wolkers said.
Wolkers returned to Jansens who was stil lying on the ground moaning.
“Is it any better now?”
“Urgh... aah.....w...w..will I also become a..a.. w.. werewolf?” Jansens anxiously asked.
“You’ll be fine Jansens. You know, there are a lot of benefits. But you’ll soon notice. I’m sure you’ll like being a werewolf.”
Wolkers turned back to Willem.
“Willem? I ignored my responsibilities as a werewolf because I was chased down by this wolf hunter.” He nodded at Vissers body. “My apologies therefore. Still, I invite you to follow your basic training together with Jansens.”
Willem nodded.
“Oh, can I come too?” Vicky asked.
Wolkers glanced at Verhoeven who shortly nodded.
“Well, I could use some help with two new werewolves. Come on Jansens.” Wolkers helped Jansens to get up. “Ok, nice and easy now.”
Jansens answered by moaning.
“Wolkers? I’ll take care of mister wolf hunter.” Verhoeven called out at Wolkers.
Wolkers waved. “Ok, we will meet again some time!”
Verhoeven waved back while the four werepeople walked back to the dark blue Ford Focus.
The lieutenant took out his own Glock 17 pistol, wiped it clean and put it in Vissers hand.



Chapter 17
Case closed

Inspector Verheyen sat behind his desk at the police office. He was tired. Three cases at the same time were exhausting the old policeman.
Trrrrit... Trrrrit... Trrrrit...
He picked up the phone from the desk.
“Yes?”
“Hi boss, I’ve got good and bad news.”
“Tell me the good news first then.”
“Ok, not long ago a message came in that the missing Willem is sound and well.”
“That surely is good news Brand.”
“Yep, he told us he had a little too much that night and he crashed into a tree. Our boys brought back his bike a moment ago.”
“Students... What about his room?”
“We think it was a vandal burglar. His wallet is gone.”
“Ok, what about the bad news?”
“Again the forest, Verheyen. A high ranking officer committed suicide there. Defense reported him missing AND wanted yesterday. It seems like the guy was in some serious problems. Anyway, the chief wants it investigated.”
Verheyen sighed.

“Have I told you before that I’m getting too old for this?”


THE END

If you liked this, you can read more of my stories (yellowfellow/pierrot90) on:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/pierrot90/
http://pierrot90.deviantart.com/

THX FOR READING!!! :D
© Copyright 2010 pierrot90 (yellowfellow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659626-Wolves-cant-be-caught-Chapters-15---End