*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659825-Episode-3-LEGACIES
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1659825
Amanda Waller, leader of an organization called Cadmus, is attacked by a mysterious man.
103- LEGACIES
Thinking about all of the failed experiments to recreate the legacy of Batman with failed knockoffs like Batzarro, Owlman, and the Wrath from long ago, as soon as an elderly Amanda Waller, leader of the genetic government engineering project known as Cadmus, was about to reminisce about Bruce Wayne and how she had failed with keep his legacy alive, a mysterious person breaks into the organization and demands answers about his being and past.

Meanwhile, while fighting off a triad during a middle of a smuggling operation with his fellow police guards, as one of the men brings up the brilliance of the Joker’s nearly flawless operation of smuggling the deadly concoctions of laughing gas, a candidate for police commissioner known as Chief Jack Rokej recalls brutal memories and flashbacks about how his ancestors brutal history of violent crime.

Meanwhile, as Dick looks back on Bruce’s days as Batman, he starts to wonder if he can handle the mantle of Batman and whether Terry is more capable of being Batman fulltime, beginning to realize that he wants his own legacy as Nightwing to be remembered in Gotham as he heads for Cadmus headquarters in discovery of an unknown attack. As Dick looks at Amanda Waller in disdain for tarnishing his legacy even more as he arrives in Cadmus, a figure that appears to be Batman pushes him out of way stating that Waller is his and his alone. Dick fights him off awhile eventually putting him to the ground, as Dick then demands his name and motive for coming here, the mysterious man reveals that his name is Brane Taylor and that he came from the future is discovering the truth about his legacy which leaves Dick thinking about his own legacy, and with that Amanda Waller mysteriously disappears.

Meanwhile, in pursuit of an upstart gang known as the Riddlers, a gang inspired by the acts of Edward Nygma, in an series of raids regarding technology, seeing Chief Rokej handle himself in such a calm and professional manner in the most utmost of terrible situations, Commissioner Barbara Gordon due to her getting on in years seriously contemplating putting her father’s legacy to rest for upstart Chief Rokej.

Meanwhile, realizing Waller’s disappearance, Brane Taylor fought Nightwing off so he can go after her, but as soon as he finds her, both he and Nightwing are surrounded by an army of policeman. Being solely outnumbered as they are about to be overwhelmed by the forces, Terry comes though and somewhat even the odds as Brane looks on in amazement, as they fight off the various security guards. With the security guard out of the way, Brane makes a beeline for Amanda Waller but once again she manages to get away. Angry, Brane tells them that everything was predetermined having no recollection of how he came to be, which gives B.R.A.N.E a troubled opinion on how his legacy could turn out like this. Terry questions B.R.A.N.E whether him becoming Batman was predetermined, but B.R.A.N.E kept silent. Using a time device created by Brainiac 5 from the distant future, he claims he will be back to put an end of this as he escapes to the future.

Thinking about his own future and legacy, Nightwing tells Terry that he always felt that he needed Batman to have a legacy, but that, he will always have a predetermined fate before him and can’t dare to see things like that. And so with that, Dick states he want to fulfill his own legacy as Nightwing and go through some soul searching for the time being. Dick informs Terry that he now carries Batman’s legacy, and with B.R.A.N.E with him, they’ll be fine.

Meanwhile, seeing his impressive exploits and stopping the recent raids of the Riddlers, Barbara Gordon proudly announces Chief Rokej as the new police commissioner…..

NEXT EPISODE: PROJECT INQUE
© Copyright 2010 MetsAndJets (metsandjets at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659825-Episode-3-LEGACIES