*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660176-Dirty-Little-Secret-Pt-Two
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1660176
Can dinner be a date? :)
Alex couldn't sleep. She sat and stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours, but when she glanced at her clock it has only been five minutes. 'C'mon. Sleep is the one thing I need right now.' She thought to herself as she began to feel a slight headache coming on, but closing her eyes would mean seeing his face.

Sighing, she sat up and called Karli into her room. This dog meant the world to her and has seen her the worst times, but if only she could talk. Karli pranced into her room and hopped up on the bed, causing a bigger weight difference, but none the less snuggled up to Alex. Feeling the warmth radiate from her dog, Alex felt comfortable and laid down to try and fall asleep. When her eyes shut she saw a face, but not the usual. This one had welcoming chocolate brown eyes.

{Two Days Later}

'Your being stupid!' Oscar scolded himself as he rang out the next customer. 'Maybe she is just busy with a job or something, but I don't think I scared her.. Did I?' He had been like this the last two days and has been hoping and praying to see Alex walk in the door. No such luck.

"Hey stranger."chripped a voice to his right. Slowly turning around his heart sped up a bit. She was here! Alex slid here stuff in front of him, just the usual chew toys and squeaky animals.

"Hey!" he replied, trying to hold onto his excitement. "I was wondering if I was gonna ever see you again."

Alex smiled, did he mention that her smile was beautiful? It made his insides melt. "Sorry! I've just been running around with work and.. stuff."

"It's cool." he smiled back at the girl. Now it was silent except for the beeping of the scanner as he rung up her things, but the silence once again was not awkward.

"So, um, what time do you get off?"

"I'm sorry?" Did he hear her right?

"Um, what time do you get off?" he smiled at him. "I want to take the boy who helped me two days ago out for dinner."

"In about an hour," he blurted out.

"Great! So can I meet you here?" she was gathering up her bags now.

"Yea." She smiled one last time before turning around and walking out the sliding doors. It was everything Oscar couldn't do to bust out dancing.
© Copyright 2010 LittleAM (littleam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660176-Dirty-Little-Secret-Pt-Two