*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659793-Dirty-Little-Secret-Breaking-Pt-One
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1659793
Alex and Oscar have met. Will they meet again? Later?
Listen to "The Art of Breaking" by Thousand Foot Krutch

He stood there and stared at the girl. He was not trying to be rude, just taking her all in little by little. First, at this point she was sobbing quietly to herself. Second, she was gorgeous and he couldn't bring himself to stop watching her.

"I am really sorry." She finally answered being able to catch her breathe. "Today just isn't my day I guess. Um, could you help me pick up this bag of puppy food?" She offered Oscar a smile.

"Uh, yes sure. Do you want a cart?" He answered, but he was still staring into her beautiful, green eyes which was something Alex was not used to causing her to fidgit.

"Yes please." She answered looking at her dirty shoes. Oscar was gone in a split second and then came back just as fast with a bright blue cart in tow. He bent down and picked up the dog food and placed it in the cart. The corners were spilling over, but the bag fit and that's all that mattered.

It was quiet, but not awkward between the two. "Do you need anything else?" He asked Alex.

"Mmm.. I could use some dog treats."  She replied. Now it was her turn to look over the boy, who was being so kind to her. He was really cute with curly, black hair and a small wannabe goatee. What she admired in him the most was that he looked her in the eyes, which were a beautiful chocolate brown.

"Are these okay?" She snapped out of her world.

"Yes those would be great!" She smiled again, but this time she meant it. There was something she liked about Oscar, but she didn't want to do anything.

20 minutes later.

The store was in the "closing" mode, as Oscar liked to call it.  He was alone again behind his counter, but the past twenty minutes had been some of his best. He walked Alex to her car, yes, he learned her name. He also found out she has a one year Austrailian shepard named Karli.

As he walked out the door of PetSmart, he prayed that he would see Alex again. Only this time he wanted her to be happy. Something about seeing her cry caused an angry bubble to form in his chest. 

'Please. Be safe.' He thought one last time as he rounded the corner.
© Copyright 2010 LittleAM (littleam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659793-Dirty-Little-Secret-Breaking-Pt-One