*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660209-My-Take-on-the-Health-Care-Reform
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Environment · #1660209
This is just a short informative article about the Health Care Reform.
There has been much controversy surrounding the new Health Care Reform Bill that our United States President has put into place. This controversy delves much deeper than just Democrat vs. Republican. This Reform is about to change millions of lives for good and for bad. It spouts lowering health care costs for families and businesses and aiding many, but what are the real facts? Here I have compiled a list of good and bad points that will affect us in the short and long term.

Some of the good points include healthcare for the poor and needy, it will also cap how much an insurance company can charge, tax credits when applying for health insurance to make premiums more affordable, and no one will be denied insurance. Some other benefits will include free preventative care, the government will hold a health and wellness fund, small business tax credits, children can stay on their parent's insurance plans until the age of twenty-six, and doctors will receive a payment percent incentive. This Bill will also reduce the deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years and illegal immigrants will not be allowed to purchase any insurance, even out of their own pockets.

The bad points, on the other hand, are higher costs for both consumers and businesses, higher taxes, higher premiums, government mandated plans, many jobs will be lost, many businesses will go bankrupt including high end names, it will cost over $940 billion over the next ten years, there will be a $695 annual fine if you do not purchase insurance, and a $2000 fine for businesses who have over 50 employees and do not offer their employees insurance.

If you would like to see for yourself the facts, just visit www.healthreform.gov, this site also allows you to see first hand the effects this Reform will have in your state. Your local news station as well as CBS and Fox and many more have additional points and arguments at your disposal. Read the facts and be your own judge, do not take anyone's word but your own. Everyone has formed their own opinions, whether for it or against it. The Bill's affects will most likely not take place until the year 2014. However, by that time it may have already been repealed by the Bill's opposers. 2010 is about to become a year in our history books.

The sites and pages I visited in compiling this article are:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100325/ts_csm/290233
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20000846-503544.html
www.healthreform.gov
© Copyright 2010 KristinKubash (kristinkubash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660209-My-Take-on-the-Health-Care-Reform