*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660602-Complicated-Life
by shay
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1660602
A girl writes about her life in her secret diary.
Dear diary,

Okay so today was absolutely horrible. First, mom dropped me off to school in her old beat-up mustang. Then, at lunch i slipped on a milk carton and the whole cafeteria burst into laughter. I thought my day couldn't get any worse, but when people usually think that, it actually does get worse. Emily Rose, yes the popular Emily Rose, wrote a note to Anthony Green, the most amazing guy ever, in the place of me, saying how i think he's awesome and i have a huge crush on him. Okay, yes i do, but i wasn't ready for him to know that. I don't want him thinking i'm this stalker freshman that writes petty notes to her crushes. She totally did that on purpose. It was so humiliating and to see everyone passing me in the hallway asking me about some note i had no idea about. I was so happy to get out of that scary building called school. And here i was thinking everything would be so much better when i got home and that i was just going to be able to jump in my bed and thrust the pillow over my head and act like nothing ever happened. Boy was i wrong. Well it didn't exactly turn out that way. Instead, i came home to find my mother past out on the sofa. Yes, that's what i said. She was knocked out like a drunk bird. As if birds really get drunk. Nope. But apparently my mother does. I had to get a wet cloth for her head and lay her in the bed. She was going to be knocked out for a while. But why today? She hasn't been in a long time. I was prepared to have a long talk with her when she was totally sane and able to speak. Now who was going to pick up my little sister from school? It wasn't going to be mom. So yeah, i got her keys and went on my way. It was completely dangerous by the way. It's not like my sister school was around the corner, like mine is. You would think i'd be able to walk to school, but no, mom thinks it's to dangerous and lots of bad things could happen, as she would say. Like her getting drunk and not picking up her kid isn't dangerous enough. Just as i was down the street from her school, i got pulled over by the cops. Now, i'm really in trouble. I'm fifteen, i don't have a liscense and i'm definetely not supposed to be driving. The cop that pulled me over asked for my name and my liscense. When he found out i wasn't legal enough to drive, he phoned my mother, who of course was to drunk to answer. So he picked up my sister for me and had that long talk with my mother that i was going to have, when he got to our house. Mom promised to never do that again and said she was sorry multiple times. So the day ended okay. So i thought. But it really didn't. Dad called and told us he was marrying Angela Marise, a lady he's been dating for a while. It's not like i don't like her, it's just that now my 6 month plan to get him back together with mom was ruined. It's like back to back chaos in this family. Like seriously, can't anything be normal? I was then hopeing for some good news. But nope, i didn't get it. I had to go to sleep that night with everything that happened on my mind. Talk about the complicated life.

x0x0, complicated me
© Copyright 2010 shay (shayy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660602-Complicated-Life