*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661986-Teddy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1661986
This is a flash story. A true story about a beloved teddy bear.
.

Teddy





I lift you from your protective wrappings and place you upon the shelf. I lean back to admire you. Oh, there are so many memories in all your stuffing. You have been passed from one brother to the next. You have been carried like a badge of honor. Many dirty, jammy little hands have held you tenderly and dragged you behind.

You have been so many places. You have sat as fierce protector of the tree fort.You rode many a wooden horse. You were always on someones team. You wore a plastic bowl on your head, as a football helmet. And yes, at times you were the football. But you were always rescued and hugged. You have had your share of wagon rides. Bumping along after a parade of boys. You were taught to swim, and could hold your breath forever! You were blamed for whatever they did not want to admit to.

You ear is torn from being swung, before you could fly. One eye is missing. I like to think you are winking. Your paws are hard and crumbly from all the jam you encountered.Your feet and bum are worn from following behind. You hold so many secrets and memories. Yes, I could fix you. Give you a new eye,sew on your ear,patch your bum and paws. No, I am not going to, because they hold all the memories.

Thank you! Teddy.



(penned by Deadserious)
© Copyright 2010 Deadserious (deadserious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661986-Teddy