*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662214-Its-My-life
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1662214
For THE ULTIMATE CONTEST: About a rock.
I hate my life. If you hate your life too- reconsider it.

There is nothing in this world that can have a more boring life than a rock. To describe myself- I am round, greyish black in colour and about six inches in circumference. I've been watching the goings on for about six million years and it’s not been fun. I’ve been stepped on, rolled, spat on, shat on and thrown like a rock. A little more respect would be appreciated!!!

When I was born, I was a few feet in circumference.  Degradation is a slow and painful process. As I sit and watch all you lively creatures frolic and gambol around me, I feel a little something eating at me. That little something has turned me from a boulder to a pebble. That little something is what we rocks call ‘The Death force’. In a couple of million years I’ll be broken down into a million tiny specks and scattered across the world. Oh, how I wait for that day of liberation!

Being a rock, I can’t talk, walk, eat, drink, smell, dance or fight, and I DEFINETLY can’t fly. So basically, being a rock sucks. If you were given the choice- be something else.

I have no friends. I see other rocks in little mounds or alone, but I can’t talk to them, they can’t talk to me. We just look at each other for a couple of billion years until one of us is thrown, rolled, kicked or tossed away.

I remember being dropped in water once, funny experience. I sank like a rock. These weird creatures tried to eat me, ended up dropping dead. All those water things had a tendency to die easily. Wish I could. Eventually the water body was dried up and I felt air again. Then once again I was tossed, rolled and kicked to my new home.

Well, you better get going. I could rant to you for the next four million years or so. I doubt you’d want that. So go ahead and enjoy your life. Also, enjoy your death. And when you feel you want to live for ever, remember me, and crush that thought.
© Copyright 2010 Sorcerer (sorcerer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662214-Its-My-life