*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662375-Who-Knows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1662375
a short story, it's sorta done! READ ME PLEASE!!
Gentry stood on the side of the dance floor, watching as everyone danced and had fun, laughed and twirled. His eyes fell on one amazing looking girl. He knew her name, Gamma, well her nickname at least. He watched as she moved to the music. Her hair falling down her back, her dress twirling around her legs. "Dance with me." he heard a female voice say to him. He took in a breath and dropped his shoulders, "Yeah." he replied. Then he looked down at the female and offered his hand. As they were dancing the female whispered to him under the music, "Don't even try, you're not good enough for her, she'd never go for you. She told me." His face turned confused and as the song ended he dropped her hand and walked away briskly. He reoccupied his spot off the dance floor and continued to watch Gamma. She was dancing with a few different guys, and she seemed to be having fun. A scowl spread across his face, he needed something to drink. He walked over to the refreshments and filled a glass of water. He threw it back into his mouth, almost violently. He took a few deep breathes, 'why was he acting like this? He didn't even know her that well' he thought to himself. He walked back towards his spot only to find Gamma standing there watching the dance floor. She smiled at him and he attempted to smile in return but kept walking. He found his friend Ericson standing in a dark corner. "I'm leaving." he said and walked out the side door.

Gamma was having fun, her hair and dress twirling and moving to the beat of the music. She saw him out of the corner of her eye. They'd met in passing a time before, Gentry, was his name, or something of the sort. Just then Alpha asked her to dance again, he was a great dancer so she agreed, taking his hand and following him further onto the dance floor. She looked back to see if she could still see Gentry, but he was gone. She turned her attention back towards Alpha and followed his lead to the beat of the music. Then she saw him. Dancing. With her. Gamma's face turned down into a scowl, but she quickly recomposed her emotions. She couldn't believe that Gentry was dancing with the female. She was an abomination, a freak of nature and overall a pain in the ass. She knew everything about everyone and told everyone stuff, whether it be true or not. The song ended and Gamma wanted to go talk to him but before she could get off the dance floor Drakken asked her to dance. He twirled her around and she tried to keep track of where he was. She saw him by the water and excused herself for a breather. She stood near where she had seen him standing before. She smiled at him as he walked towards her but he barely smiled in return. He just walked past her and left through the side door. She wanted to follow him but there was nothing she could do, she was stuck.

She walked over to a table and sat down. Her dress spilled everywhere and she kicked off her shoes. Minevera came up to her and took the chair beside her. "Gamma, what's up? You were just having a great time, now you're all mopey." she asked concerned. Minevera was one of Gamma's best friends. She was her friend back when she was only known as Aurora. Gamma just looked at Minevera, "I'm fine," she said honestly, then she caught a glance of the female from the corner of her eye, "but she's not going to be." she said angrily inclining her head in the direction of the female. Minevera just smiled her evil smile, "Sounds good to me." she said. They both just sat there and watched at the female made her way around the room dancing with which ever guy she could lay her unusually sanitary hands on. Finally Gamma stood up furious. She walked over to the female, she shook her head to get the hair out of her face and then pulled her arm back and punched her in the jaw. The female took a few steps back from the force and everyone fell silent, even the music stopped. The female regained her footing and swung a punch at Gamma. It connected to her jaw and she stumbled back. That made Gamma even more furious and all hell broke loose. The female and Gamma where on the ground fighting. Alpha finally caught wind of what was happening and pushed his way through the crowd. He lunged forward, trying to avoid Gamma's elbows, and pulled her off of the female. Gamma was struggling against Alpha's hold, but he was a lot stronger the she was. She finally stopped struggling and Alpha let her go. "Stay out of our lives!" Gamma yelled at the female before kicking her in the stomach and walking away. Alpha had his arm around her shoulder and Gamma was holding together parts of her dress that had been ripped. "Don't touch me!" she said acidly to Alpha. He removed his arm and held up his hands in a sign of surrender.

She was bleeding a bit from her nose and mouth, and it was dripping onto her dress. 'Great' she thought as she exited through the side door. She quickly turned the corner and fell to the ground. She sat on the ground and turned around to see what had tripped her. She was surprised to see only Gentry. She drug her arm under her nose to wipe away some of the blood. Gentry just looked at her wide eyes, even when she was beaten up and bloodied Gamma still looked beautiful. Gentry stumbled to his feel and moved closer to her. When he got closer he could see that she had a bruise forming on the left side of her face. Gamma was just sitting cross legged staring at Gentry in a torn dress, as he kept moving closer. "What happened?" Gentry asked in a quiet voice. "A fight" Gamma replied nonchalantly and gripped the bottom of her dress holding it together. "With whom?" "The female" Gamma answered. Gentry's eyes widened, nobody ever fought The female. It was forbidden.
© Copyright 2010 Alixis Dougall (latino_lit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662375-Who-Knows