*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663635-The-Runner-Uppart-2
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1663635
part 2 of the runner up.
My friends were there.They whispered quiet soothings as I ran,my knees aching,my muscles tortured,up and up,higher and higher the huge hill,to the very top.And their,I let out my sorrows.
"All that matters is gone,washed away,no no!How can it be that the world is so cruel,so atrocious it took one I loved away?No!No!How is fate so selfish,how can it be?I,who run that mountains in the sunlight,always second,never first.I lose,I always do,and always will and will always be,the runner up in life"
I sang my miseries to my friends.The sky darkened,sad for me.The wind blew gently as my face,covering it with the air's kisses.The grass on the hill drooped in sorrow.They consoled me and nursed me back to my normal self.But no,I could not ever be myself again.I had lost a piece of myself when my father left.It could never be filled.And so I ran.
© Copyright 2010 WritingReader (thebookielover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663635-The-Runner-Uppart-2