*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663637-The-Runner-Uppart-3
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1663637
Part three of my short storie
I ran,ran,ran.Far and wide,into the yonder.I ran,ran,ran,soothing my hurt,my pain.I ran,ran,ran,faster and faster,straining my legs with every step.I ran,ran,ran,higher and higher,upper and upper,my feet bare,dirty and sore.I ran,ran,ran trying to see the Heavens above the wispy clouds,whether my father had made it there,to the promised land.But I was only mortal.I soon scratched my foot on a sharp stone and fell,down,down,down.The physical pain now excruciated me as well.I was being both pushed to the limits of my emotion and physicality as I realized that it was not a sharp rock I had stepped on,but a deadly blue-diamond scorpion,known to wander in those areas.The poison would kill me in hours;unless I could struggle through the searing pain and reach the nearest healer's house,a mile away at the very least.I slapped my forehead upon acknowledging my foolishness;it would kill me this time.I limped,slow as tortoise,to the healer's home.Between about one-third of this journey I felt the pain ebb away to reveal a cooling numbness.This was more dangerous than the pain,it was when the poison had set in.If I start to feel sleepy,that is it.The poison would have already gone too deep for any medication to help.With the pain gone,I could run fast enough to get the in time but I had used up all my energy before.I knew what would make me run.It would tear at my heart,and make me have nightmares,but it would save my life.I thought of how my father died.
© Copyright 2010 WritingReader (thebookielover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663637-The-Runner-Uppart-3