*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663643-The-Runner-Uppart-4
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1663643
How her father died.
My mother always said my father would one day be caught fishing.Fishing?You ponder,What is so wrong about fishing?Fishing in my village was banned by the village head because it was,quote,"Barbaric and uncivilized".Of course,the greed-filled head just wanted all the fish to himself and make us starve,so he banned fishing from other people's ponds.But it was such a ridiculous notion to think of anyone owning a pond.But,typically,the head claimed it his because he was the 'head'.What magnified this unfairness was that the penalty for fishing was death.By drowning.I imagined my father,his kind eyes,his cleft chin,his warm smile,in murky water,going down,down,down,pushed by the chief with a scornful smile."No!"I gasped.He had to go up,up,up,higher,higher,higher!I ran,ran,ran,my father's dead corpse in that murky water in my mind.
© Copyright 2010 WritingReader (thebookielover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663643-The-Runner-Uppart-4