*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664344-A-Star-is-Reborn
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1664344
Millions of years ago a star exploded. From the debris of the explosion a child arose.
  Millions of years ago a star exploded. From the debris of the explosion a child arose. This child traveled many galaxies until it stumble upon ours. Then it came across earth and fell in love. This child knew that earth would be its final home.

  This child was only an infant when it came across earth for even a child from a star does not age until it has found its place. Its gender is untold as well. So when this child came to rest on earth it had a few decisions. One, it had to choose its gender and two, it had to decide if earth was the proper place for it.

  As the child set its dainty little feet on the ground it heard a soft cry. It was the cry of a mother who had lost her only child. Her heart was broken and so was her soul. The child knew what this broken mother needed, she needed a son. And the moment this child heard the mothers cry it made its final choices as a child from a star. This child would live on earth and it would be a he.

  The child than lay down on the dirty ground, behind a dumpster near the crying mother. As his last memories of being a star fled his memory he began to cry. The broken mother heard the cry of a child and rushed to his rescue. There behind the dirty old dumpster lay a child of beauty, his skin looked as though it glowed but the glow soon faded. The mother picked up the child and his cries ceased. A smile spread across the child's face and another on the mothers face. With his smile his final memory of what he was vanished for he thought would be forever.

  The mother took the child home and raised him as her own. Her husband accepted the child just as the mother had. They named him Ian, meaning gift from God. To the parents that is what the child was but to the world Ian may become less than a gift.

  Ian was beautiful, his hair was so dark it was like looking into a beautiful dark sky. His eyes were as green as fresh grass in the spring. His skin was as smooth as silk and as the perfect shade of peach. Ian learned quickly and grew fast. His family loved him more with each day that passed and would have gone to the ends of the earth to save him. If only that had been an option for the poor family.

  Ian grew to be a handsome young man. At eighteen he was a senior in high school. He was tall and graceful. His eyes still as bright as the day his mother found him, his hair still as dark. His skin was still soft but with a bit more of a tan. He was like a god to the girls in the school. They all swooned as he walked by, but the guys did not get jealous of him. Ian was easy to like, he was a star after all. He had many friends and knew just about every persons name in the high school. He was smart too. Ian was valedictorian of his graduating class, he could have graduated a few years back be he chose to stay with his friends. He had the looks of a heart breaker but he had the heart of a saint.

  Ian had a way with the girls, he never dated and he always knew how to turn them down gently. They usually felt better of themselves after he had turned them down then they had ever felt in their lives. Ian saw the true beauty in everyone and everything and it was used to his advantage. But there was one girl that Ian would have dated. One girl that had Ian's eyes and if she had wanted, his heart as well. This girl though, she was different from everyone that Ian had ever met. She was quiet, shy, and even a little timid. Most people like her would have smiled and talked to Ian and Ian would have them in social scenes they never would have thought of, good social scenes of course because Ian was a good boy.

  This girl though, she refrained. She stayed her shy self and only grimaced when  Ian tried to speak to her. Ian could not understand and his heart was breaking at the thought of never having the chance to get close to this girl. Her name was Eris and she was beyond the most beautiful girl in the school. Ian was a god and Eris was a goddess. They belonged together, at least that is what was in Ian's mind. He dreamed about her most nights and those were the nights that were his favorite. Until one night when his dream turned into a nightmare.

  It was another dream with Eris, her beautiful red hair flowing in the wind and her bright blue eyes shining like the stars. She was running in a field looking back at Ian laughing. Her smile was so beautiful that Ian's heart skipped a beat when he saw it. He longed for her and started chasing her. She laughed more as he got closer and closer. A laugh of joy. He finally caught her and her laugh turned into sobs. She told Ian how much she loved him and how sorry she was for the way he treated him but for them to be together would be destroying the world. Their love would create a black hole that would devour the earth and the galaxy it belonged to. She told him how she had escaped from the heavens, a star beside him, because she knew what would happen should they fall in love and allow themselves to be together. Ian tried to tell her it was not true, it was all make believe. But she continued to tell him how they used to be stars together and had she been true to her form they would still be there, in the heavens shining brightly together. But she had betrayed the gods by turning for one moment to look at him while they were supposed to be lighting the night sky.

  Ian woke from his dream, sweat beading on his bare chest and tears rolling down his perfect face. He told himself it was just a dream. Stars were big balls of gas that burned light years away. Loving someone would do no one any harm. But something in his heart had told him there was truth in his dream. After that night he had no more dreams of Eris but more dreams of being a star, not the famous ones but the ones that burned in the heavens. He tossed and turned every night as his dreams were filled with beautiful bright lights that shone from him. And every morning he would wake with sadness for having to leave such a beautiful dream. He did not know that he used to be a star and he would still not find out for another few years.

  Ian graduated, and went to college. Oddly Eris ended up in the same college as Ian. He thought it was odd but somehow felt it was the way things should be. Eris finally started talking to him and even smiled at him. Her smile was just like the one that he had seen in his dreams. They talked more and more each day and he grew to love her more. He knew she felt the same but he could feel her holding back. He didn't know why and he was determined to find out.

  Soon enough Ian asked Eris on a date. She happily agreed and Ian could not be more ecstatic than at that moment. The next morning he woke early, wen to the gym and came back home for hours of prep. He had never been on a date and he was excited about this one. Eris was his one and only and he would soon make her see that as well. The date was beautiful. They went to a restaurant that had tables on the roof so that the couples could eat under the stars. Ian had never felt at home as much as he did when he looked up at the stars that night. And that was the night that he remembered. He remembered that he once was a star, a beautiful bright star, and he could even point out the exact location where he once burned brightly.

  Then he remembered that Eris was his mate. Eris was the star that he sat beside, the star that he loved and had followed. Eris saw the shock in Ian's eyes and she frowned. She knew that he would eventually remember, she had never forgotten. She told him that his last dream of her was her last visit into his dreams. She told him she had hopped with all her soul that he would move on to someone else, someone more deserving of him. She also told him that the day she saw him at the same college she knew there was no way to avoid him, and that her heart could no longer take being away from him.

  Ian asked if what Eris had told him in that dream was true. She nodded with a tear in her eye and shrugged. She told him that since it had been so long and nothing had happened then nothing would. She was taking a leap of faith that the gods had forgiven her for her mistake. She told him that she felt that the gods were allowing her to love him again and that she had enough punishment. Ian asked if she was positive but she was not.

  That night Ian walked Eris back to her apartment, they walked hand in hand. Anyone that saw them that night smiled and knew they had a love that could not be broken no matter what. What the people didn't know is that the world would end. As Ian and Eris reached the front door of Eris' apartment Ian leaned in for a kiss. At first Eris backed up but only for a second. As their lips touched complete bliss filled them both as an explosion seemed to go off in their heads. What they did not know was that the explosion was not in their heads. The explosion was their love, a love beyond all love, a love that would destroy. With a kiss the two stars created a black hole that first sucked in the earth and with in moments had taken the entire galaxy. The only thing left of it were two stars. Two stars that were so in love that nothing could tear them apart and anything that tried to get in their way would be sucked into a black hole to be forever forgotten.

  But earth was not forgotten, for two people, two stars would remember it forever because stars live forever. And one of those stars liked to tell stories and told the story of earth to all their children who told their children and in turn told theirs. A story passed on from generation to generation as a new galaxy was formed, because you know a galaxy is made of stars. This galaxy became a large one, a large mass of stars made just like a human would, out of love.

  My name is Eris and this galaxy, this earth,  is better than the one I destroyed with my love.
© Copyright 2010 Heather (hmostella85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664344-A-Star-is-Reborn