*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664513-Ten-Till-Midnight
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1664513
A short feel-good story about Naruto and Sakura
Ten 'Till Midnight
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was ten minutes 'till midnight and Naruto was lying on his bed holding his cellphone in his hand, he breathed deeply and then his phone vibrated.
1 NEW TEXT MESSAGE

It was from Sakura,

From: 214-6793

To: 659-2783

"Naruto, what's on your mind, you seemed tense on the phone today."

Naruto sent her a response, "Nothing, don't worry about it."

Naruto had come to terms with himself, he was going to ask Sakura out again. They had been together until she had to move away from Kanoha. They decided to break-up; it was too hard to talk to one-another.

A couple of months later, Sakura and her family moved back, but for one reason or another, they never got back together. But they talked often, and it seemed as if they never broke-up.

His phone vibrated again.

"Naruto, I know you love me, just say it."

He sighed, and sent her another message, "I still love you so much."

":) I know."

Naruto began to feel a knot in his stomach grow, it was hard for him to swallow, "You know, I think you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met and will likely ever meet."

"I think you're the luckiest guy in Kanoha."

Naruto's eyebrow went up; despite the fact that he knew she couldn't see him, "Why?"

"'Cause you had me."

The knot grew tighter, "I'm still going through and emotional roller coaseter."

"Sorry..."

Naruto sighed again, "Don't worry about it; the key is that we're still friends."

"smile tear runs down cheek"

"Sakura-chan, can I tell you something?"

"Of course!"

"You know, I was going to ask you out again on your birthday, but I got too nervous and didn't go through with it."

"How'd I know you were going to do something like that?"

The knot grew so tight he could barely breath, "I'm gonna ask you something, and there are only two answers."

"What is it?"

"Will you be my girlfriend again, despite the fact I'm starting high-school at an all-boys school?"

"Hmmm...let me think."

After a tense two minutes he sent another message to her, "Well?"

"Wait for it."

He fidgeted in his bed as he waited ans asked one more time, "How about now?"

"Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, This is fun!"

"C'mon, i had the backing of seven people to do this!"

"Who?"

"Lee, Tenten, Kiba, Shikamaru, Kakshi-sensei, Shino, and Ino."

"The only one I trust is Ino."

"The rest did did tell me to do it, ask Ino, she was there."

"Mk."

"So, what's your answer?"

"Ask me again."

The knot had moved to his throat, his eyes were beginning to give in to the tears if she said no.

"Will you be my girlfriend again, despite the fact I'm starting high-school at an all-boys school?"

A painfully long time passed before her answer came back.

"Well, I better start telling Ino...Yes."

Naruto gave in to his tears, but they were not tears of sadness, "Sakura-chan, you have no idea how happy you just made me!"

"I love you too, Sweetie, now let me sleep."

Naruto smiled to himself and as he did he slowly fell into a happy and well-deserved sleep.
© Copyright 2010 eldarranger (eldarranger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664513-Ten-Till-Midnight