*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664515-Tear-Filled-Eyes-of-a-Cherry-Blossom
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1664515
This is a short story again dedicated to Naruto and Sakura.
Tear Filled Eyes of a Cherry Blossom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skaura was leaning against a bridge that overlooked a creek near Kanoha. She was burying her face in her hands, the tears she cried making their way through her fingers.
She tried not to think of Sasuke and the image that kept playing through her mind...

Sasuke kissing Ino in the park...

He had cheated on Sakura with her best friend.

The only person Sakura could talk to, Naruto, was gone on a trip, and he wouldn't be back until late that night.

She tried not to cry, but it was too hard for her. She had done nothing else the entire day.

Sakura looked into the creek. Her eyes stung and her head hurt.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Thinking it was Sasuke, she turned and yelled, "Go away!"

She opened her eyes slowly, she could tell whoever it was hadn't left, but through her blurred vision Sakura could just make out Naruto's messy blonde hair, and she began to cry again and called out his name.

She fell into his arms and cried into his shoulder, he held her tightly and asked her, "Sakura, what's wrong?"

Through loud, agonized sobs, she said to him, "Sasuke cheated on me..."

Naruto hugged her tightly, whispering soothingly into her ear, "It'll be okay, it's okay to cry, just try to think of something else."

Sakura looked at him and slowly nodded, her tears stopped as she looked into his eyes, "Thank you, Naruto." She hugged him, "I'm glad you came."

Naruto looked back at her, "I know what will make feel better."

He led her to a hill and said to her, "I heard you hurt your ankle."

"Yeah, I did, but it doesn't hurt too bad-."

Before she could finish, he knelt down, "This hill is quite steep, I'll give you a piggy-back ride up."

Sakura blushed slightly, she then put her arms around his neck and let him lift her up.

The hill was steep, and she was impressed Naruto could take her up without straining "Naruto, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

Sakura nodded and then laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as they ascended upward.

When he stopped he whispered into her ear, "Sakura, take a look."

He put her down and the moment she opened her eyes, she could not speak.

He had taken her to a group of blooming cherry-blossoms on hill overlooking Kanoha, he said to her while taking a good look at the wonderfully bloomed trees, "When I come up here, I can' help but think of you."

A smile on her face slowly began to grow. She took a good look at him as he walked slowly around each tree. She had never told him how she truly felt. She thought Sasuke would get her mind off Naruto, but her feelings now were completely different, how come she never felt this way before? Now was the time to say what really needed to be said.

Naruto turned back to Sakura, the smile on her face making him smile too.

She ran to him and gave him a big hug, "Naruto, I always wished Sasuke would be like you, to act like you." She gave him a kiss, "but right now, I'm glad he's not."

Naruto blushed slightly and smiled.

Sakura giggled at him, poking at his rose-colored cheeks.

They stood watching the blossoms blow in the slow, quiet breeze.

Naruto looked deeply into her eyes, "I've always loved you."

She smiled, "I've always run from my feelings...right now, I'm no longer afraid to show them."

She kissed him again, and they stood there in the beautiful sun, watching the falling tears of the cherry blossom.
© Copyright 2010 eldarranger (eldarranger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664515-Tear-Filled-Eyes-of-a-Cherry-Blossom