*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665026-The-Princess-and-the-frog
by Ebube
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1665026
A princess' twisted wish...
The Princess and the Frog



"Hey! Fi-fi! Won't you kiss me? I promise you, I'm a prince in frog's clothing!"

Fiona, the regal princess, ignored the frog that had come from nowhere and wouldn't leave off disturbing her, even in her dreams.

"I already have a prince and don't need you, you stinking piece of slime", said the haughty princess.

“Who? Prince Caspian? Ha! I'm a far better choice than he is! Just wait till you see what I'll turn into! Prince Caspian will be no one in comparison.”

“Really?” said the princess skeptically. But deep down in her mind, she considered the frog's proposal, for she was not only proud, but greedy.

After all, she thought, Prince C is not as handsome or famous as Alexia’s Prince Ray. How dare she attract a better suitor than I did? I'll show her!

But Fiona was too haughty to ask the frog about its suggestion. She didn't have to, anyway. The croaky voice piped up,

"What do you say? Shall we take the first step into our blissful union of joy?"

What crap he keeps saying, thought the princess. But she went on to ask,

"Are you sure you'll be very handsome and famous? In fact, you must be the most handsome prince, certainly more handsome and famous than Prince Ray."

"Of course!” shrieked the frog. No prince on earth will be any match for me. Shall we?” said the frog, already pouting his 'lips'.

“O-okay, just give me a second. Kissing a frog isn't the easiest thing in the world. This had better be more than worth it.”

For the princess was not only haughty and greedy, but extremely stupid, stupid enough to take the advice of a frog. Many in the kingdom wondered how a person like her could be gifted with such beauty.

As the princess kissed the frog, there was a blinding flash of light. Fiona opened her eyes, and there before her was …

"What? You're the ugliest being I ever set my eyes upon! Are you even a human?"

For there before her was a hideous looking beast with a strong, suffocating smell.

“You are not what you promised. Get out of my sight immediately!”

“Oh, no, my lady. The kiss you gave me sealed our union. There is no turning back. Won't we make a lovely couple?" And the beast approached her and took her hand.

“Don't you lay a finger on me!”, she screamed, and tried in vain to free herself. What do ugly and beauty have in common?"

Oh, but I look just like you," the creature said in the ugliest of voices. “The spell binding me said I would look just like the one who would kiss me. This is the way you look on your inside. You ought to like the way I look."

With that, the creature-prince began to drag Fiona along. He replied to her struggling,

“Why, our union must be witnessed by all. Come along now, my dearest.”

Her new prince took her to the balcony of the palace, before which there was a large crowd whom the king was addressing on a special occasion at that very moment. The crowd stopped listening to the king and began to gasp in frightened amazement. Here was their notorious princess in the hands of a beast! And just then, the beast forced Fiona's lips to his, even as she struggled against him. The people gasped in shock.

“There, that was to prove to you that she is my new bride!” triumphed the strange creature. “Now I shall take her to my abode, as is the custom.”

The king stood paralyzed with shock. As soon as he recovered, he ordered the guards,

"Well, what are you waiting for? After the beast, quickly!"

But that was the end of the beautiful, haughty, greedy, foolish princess.

© Copyright 2010 Ebube (spekkychi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665026-The-Princess-and-the-frog