*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665629-The-Dancing-Dinosaurs
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #1665629
different dinosaurs that were on my bedroom wall
My mom decorated my bedroom before I was two years old.
When the lights go out and the night light flicker, I can still remember the dinosaurs that danced along the wall.

The Triceratops had horns that crowned their big frilly heads as well as one above each eye and one on its nose.
Stegosauruses had plates that lined their backs, plus spikes that shot out its tail on both sides.
My favorite, the Brachiosaurus, were long in frame from their heads to their tails, it helps balance them as they walked.
Finally the Tyrannosaurus Rex with their large bodies and even larger teeth, scare me right under my sheets.

Although I am older now, I still have those dinosaurs lining the wall.
They no longer dance like they did before, but maybe someday they will dance for another.
As my own son gets older and he lays in his bed, the dinosaurs may just dance for him then.
11 lines
© Copyright 2010 Dark Lady (ashn86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665629-The-Dancing-Dinosaurs