*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666837-Deep-Space-Probe-Dash-Nine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Sci-fi · #1666837
A probe goes into outer space what will it see?
"This is an exciting day, as the Deep Space one probes will be launched. They will map the area outside our solar system. This data will be used on the generation ships that will leave earth." said the excited newsman.

"Instead of sending a manned crew to this region the probes will go instead. That will limit the exposure of peole to the risks of space travel. These probes are equiped with advanced artificial intelligence. They will conduct experiments on rock samples for suitable materials.

He and the camera watched as the rocket carrying the probes was launched into space.

"Launches are always exciting, no matter how many you see!"


The spacecraft seperated oustside of our solar system. The probes launched one in a time into a row. Then the engine ignited, and the probes went on their way. The rocket grew dimmer as it deactivited. It would serve as a repeater for the probes to send back information they found.



Deepspace probe one dash nine was getting some interesting readings. It scanned the space and it wanted to get more readings. It sent the information back to earth.


"We've lost a probe." said the watch officer.
"Where? Which one?" said the officer.
"One dash nine." said the watch officer.
"We have to reroute other probes. Mark the location where we lose them. The whole purpose is to get information. We mustn't let this opportunity go to waste."


Deep Space probe dash nine was kept on going. It was in some sort of anomoly. Some thing was blocking the broadcasts from going to the repeator. So it kept venturing forward and saving the data.

It knew it was a long way from home. But it hoped that it's data would be useful one day. It estimated it had it would take humans a century to reach this far. It had not seen the other probes for months. It missed them. It wondered how it was doing,.



"Captain we are picking up an old fashion space probe. The kind that was used before the ion engines. It appears to have lost it's thrust. It's barely even giving out a signal."

"Bring it on board the knowledge in that probe. If we can extract that data it will be priceless. It will add to our understanding of the area."

© Copyright 2010 Edward Finn (ssiverling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666837-Deep-Space-Probe-Dash-Nine