*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668470-Erase-Past-and-Future--Live-Today
by anna
Rated: E · Draft · Inspirational · #1668470
Live today and keep all your worries of yesterday and tommorrow away.
Erase the past and the Future-------- Live Today

Memories are always haunting and the future thoughts are always giving fruitful dreams which may come true or exists as dream itself. But think once, are we living in the past or in the future?????? Purely nonsense isn’t the question? Who don’t know that we are living in the present. But candidly speaking most of us are not living in the present. Let’s ask to ourselves. Did you get an answer???

Ask Yourself:-

Am I really happy?

Am I able to live free of tensions and anxieties?

Am I sleeping properly?

A very simple set of questions, right? But what are the answers you got for this queries. If the answers to all this queries are ‘yes’ *ThumbsUp* then you don’t have to read further. But if it is ‘no’ then you will have to see your life with a different eye which will improve your outlook about everything.

Once there was a soldier who was captured by his enemies and was pushed into the darkness of the prison. He was completely restless and anxious thinking of what was going to happen the very next day. His mind filled with the worst incidents that were going to happen with him. It made him sleepless and the night turned out to be a fearful nightmare. But all of a sudden a few words of his inspirer came to his mind which said tomorrow is not a truth which is just an imagination and only this moment is real and the existing which we can see and believe. These words were like a soft breeze to his mind which helped him to enjoy the beauty of the night and the music of the night birds in its complete colour and texture. These beautiful thoughts led him into a sound sleep of feathered dreams.

Most among us are like this soldier. We spend most of our time in the prison of past and future memories. But completely forgets about the present. Lord Buddha said that being anxious of what is going to happen and being depressed of what has happened is not the path to mental and physical health – but to live this moment with dedication and wisdom with determination is the keypoint.

The memories whether good or bad of past and future is actually playing the role of an ‘eago’ ( villain in the Shakespeare drama ‘Otello’) which is filling our life with the clouds where the present is not visible. The end result of all this will be mental torchering, anger and irritations.

Past and Future or yesterday and tomorrow –what is the factor that pulls us always to it? Past is already finished and the future is yet not arrived. Future which is just a concept is always away and we keep on waiting for tomorrow. And the past is over which only gives some memories and experiences. But the reality lies in today and it is the only existing one. And if something is possible to do by us is only today and not tomorrow. Whatever we do today will be the milestones of tomorrow. So those who are living in the past and future is living in the world of imagination where nothing is possible and filled only with dreams.

Living completely

We can live our life to its full cream and in a complete way or to its lastdrop. For this we should realize a great fact that time cannot be revised or repeated. And those who absorbs this fact to their life will be completely successful. This realization helps us to regain the presence of our mind in this day which we live and in the world we are living in. When this happens we will be ready to accept the present with all its faults and defects.

Most of us expect a change in our life. As we live in the past and future we will procrastinate whatever we should do in this moment which is the natural human nature. So if we decided to live in the present then we should be capable to give up the biggest character fault ,procrastination.

So the power of our mind should be within us and it should not control us. This will bring the path of success in front of you without any hurdles.


© Copyright 2010 anna (allenalvina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668470-Erase-Past-and-Future--Live-Today