*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669361-One-Last
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1669361
This is about seeing my dead mother.
The hallway was long. Gray cement walls. A doctor would sometimes randomly appear and disappear. There were 3 or 4 lights. And 2 of them were flickering on and off. I saw someone down that hallway. Her face was flooded. Her skin was such a delicate pale color and she had some lilac streaks that would divide her from life and death. She showed no life. She showed depression and unhappiness. She showed fear. I had to blink a couple of times to make sure what I was seeing wasn’t a dream. It wasn’t. She stood there. She didn’t move. She stood in one spot. She wore the same hospital robe as everyone else was wearing. Except, her only difference was, hers was splattered with dirt. The light soft blue with dark blue freckles had become a ugly pale brown. I developed chills and my body shivered. I wanted her to speak, but she didn’t say anything. I wanted her to speak. I wanted her to say everything was going to be okay and that this sadness that has taken over me will soon fade away. But she didn’t. she just stood there. She still only had that peach fuzz on her head like she did the last time I had seen her which was February 6th, 2008. I had to keep walking though. Even though she showed death to me, I still wanted one last hug, one last kiss. One last goodbye.
© Copyright 2010 Kristenis (kristencatesis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669361-One-Last