*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669879-Beauty-Comes-From-Within
Rated: E · Short Story · Fashion · #1669879
this is about what i look like, and what i want to look like.
If you saw me out in public, what would be your first impression? Would you look into my eyes and try to figure out my emotions? Would you stare at my imperfections. Would you stare at the same problems I see? Would you see the same problems I see?
My eyes are kind of lost. It depends on where you are. If your far away, they are brown, and when we touch noses, they are a dark hazel.
My nose is wide when I smile. One nostril likes to flare to Mexico, and the other nostril just hangs tight, but I love my nose when my head is turned left or right, because its long, extended, and majestic. According to my step mom I had man lips. My lips are big and thick and a pale pink. My teeth aren’t the whitest, but I thank God they aren’t yellow or gold. My eyelashes are a light black, but when I apply mascara, they extended, they darken, they become the boldest part on me. My skin is as white as a marshmellow, but covered with freckles. From head to toe, year round. But summertime is when they like to shine. My freckles are my favorite thing about me. They define who I am as a individual. They dance across my cheeks and tiptoe across my noses, and repeat. They swarm my arms and my chest, they take over my legs. They make me, me. My hair color is bipolar. It doesn’t know if it wants to be Orange or Brown. When I dye it dark brown, it doesn’t enjoy, and heads back. I’m fat. I’m not afraid to admit. I don’t feel happy with what I look like and I’m not afraid to admit that either.
If I could choose how I could look I would want black hair. Black hair with soft soft soft waves. I would want green eyes, the color of envy. I would keep my freckles and my pale skin. I would make that one nostril behave and I would leave my teeth and lips alone. I wouldn’t be fat. I would be an average weight. I would want to look like my mother. I want to be as beautiful as she was. Even when she didn’t have hair she had such a glow on her face. She was always beautiful. And always will be.
On April 24th, 2010 at 1:51 I asked on yahoo answers if I was pretty. This was the results.

You're really pretty [:
Me and you have the same eyes, hazel.
I personally think you're really pretty and I love your dimples. :D

Why should it matter?
Here is not the place to look for attention or compliments. Listen to the people around you and if they say you're beautiful, believe them because they know you well enough to take into account your personality. No one here can tell you if you're pretty or ugly because in my mind, ugliness lies only in selfishness, heartlessness and coldness.
6
I'm sorry but you have a realllly scary/creepy smile.
***************************5*********
Adorable! But you don't need to come on here to ask, you must know you are?!
Embrace it :)

The answer that stood out the most and made the most of an impact on me was the one about listen to the people around you. If they say you’re beautiful, believe them because they know you well enough to take into account your personality. She was right. Even though I still feel ugly & fat on the outside, she is right.
© Copyright 2010 Kristenis (kristencatesis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669879-Beauty-Comes-From-Within