*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670107-Requiem
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1670107
A brief Tragic story of shattered dreams
Thinking hard about his future Ram gave a moan. Things haven't been good to him. Every time an opportunity came, something has dragged him behind. As things stands, he is on verge of disaster with great hope for future. He worked hard throughout his life to get a good job. When he was a kid, he is obsessed with getting first rank in his class. He still remembers the words of his mom, "Ram, if you study hard you will get a good job. Then you can have a Big Car and a Good house. You will be happy in your life". He believed in the words of his mom. He never once stopped to check their validity. He made it a hypothesis to work hard. He labored in college and passed out top of the class. He got the best pay check too. Everything was good until the deadly virus stuck the world. Oblivious to him, a virus was growing strong mutating for the last 22 years. It has created havoc in the world economy. A pandemic of unprecedented scale has stuck the world and Governments all over are working hard to just control it. Its like a war, where every single act is committed towards waging the deadly war to save the humanity. Its a world where a rumor of cure can earn you millions. Government has ordered every one of its citizens to be part of the humanitarian work. Ram got drafted into a Information collection and data base management for Virus affected areas. World has a whole collapsed for him. He stared into the oblivious of a night sky and slept never to wake up again. Virus has caught up with his dreams and vanquished them in the darkness of night.
© Copyright 2010 stringsone (prask9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670107-Requiem