*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670849-True-Obsession
by Mimi
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1670849
A teenager is obsessed with Bill Compton a character on the HBO seriese True Blood
“I had to save him, even if they won’t let me!” Nakira scrawled a heart next to the carefully drawn initials in her spiral notebook. “N.P + B.C” it read with a fanfare of hearts and arrows surrounding the fated initials.
A shadow appeared on her notebook and Nakira looked up, ready to pounce at the intruder, instead a nervous smile appeared on her face.
“Mr. Davidson!” she said, as she tried to close the notebook on her desk.
“What is the answer…” before he could finish he spotted non-mathematical doodling and grabbed the notebook Nakira was trying to conceal. She lowered her head and prepared for humiliation.
Inspecting the page he said “Miss Pinly, Billy Charles isn’t going to help you with limitations, so I suggest you find someone else to love.”
Nakira’s already pink cheeks blazed red “what?!…” she retorted, fumbling to find the right words to explain herself.
“Detention Miss Pinly!” he roared above the sea of laughter and jeering.
Nakira turned around with daggers in her eyes pointed towards the oily, pimply faced, black rimmed glasses Billy, the class dunce.
“Great, now everyone is gonna think it’s him!” she thought.


Mr. Davidson’s two hour detention was just what she needed to plan her escape. She had to do it tomorrow. It was the only week day that her parents would be home late, she would pack her bags and wait for them, then deliver the news. She was going to be with him no matter what they said. An excited smile emerged as she thought through her plans.
“And what’s so amusing Miss Pinly?”
“Nothing Mr. Davidson” she said sharply and lowered her head returning to her thoughts. She remembered the first time she had seen him. His pale skin, his mesmerizing bright blue eyes and that deep intoxicating voice. She swore she would have drunk acid if he had told her too, with that hypnotic voice he had.
Of course she was hurt when he fell for that stupid waitress. What had he seen in her anyway? She wasn’t as beautiful and mysterious as he had thought not as beautiful and mysterious as Nakira could have been. She would have done anything for him.
The hole in her heart had grown bigger every week as she saw him getting closer to her. She had wished that she could stop them from getting closer. Stop that blonde bimbo from stealing her prince but she knew she couldn’t be stopped, after all what could a fourteen year old high school student do to own a man. A man who didn’t even know she existed.
What had hurt her the most was that he couldn’t see her, not when they were separated by that thick screen. He had no choice but to be drawn to the other woman.
She had thought for weeks how to do this, and then the opportunity to draw close to him finally arrived. She had seen when he was captured by some treacherous people because he had committed a heinous crime. He wouldn’t even have been captured, he only killed that man to protect her.
Just like Nakira expected the waitress just hyperventilated then copied her decision to go and rescue her man. How dare she! When Nakira had thought of it first.
The waitress was determined to save him, but Nakira would beat her to it. Show him once and for all that she was the woman he needed. She had to make the journey tomorrow; she knew that this woman had planned to save him that Sunday. It would take two days to get to him.


Nakira had been clumsy all day. Her thoughts were many and scattered as she eagerly awaited the three o clock bell. She would storm home, carry all her purple and yellow suitcases downstairs then sit in the chair and wait, until it was dark, until her parents came home.
She would take a bus to the other side of town then make her way through the woods to where they took him. She decided she would leave her bags at a hotel nearby, it was no use trekking through the woods with three medium sized suitcases.
She had double checked her luggage and made certain she had enough silver to ward off the gang if necessary. She had raided her mothers jewelry cabinet, she was sure under the circumstances, her mother would understand, she would have to.
Nakira gazed at the clock above her science teacher’s partially bald head “2:55, just five more minutes” she thought as her fingers drummed nosily on the desk.
She rushed out of the classroom just as Mr. McKinley listed out the last of the homework pages, his voice barely audible over the school bell . “I have no time for this!” she thought.
She ran quickly ran down the steps as they became crowded by noisy high school students. She dashed out the door and on to the street, passed the parked school bus and ran to her house two blocks away.



It was just after six o clock when Mr. and Mrs. Pinly rode into the driveway of their home.
Mrs. Pinly sighed heavily “What are we gonna do Jack, the doctor says that its gotten worse.”
Mr. Pinly frowned “ We are gonna do what we can for our daughter,” he said as he squeezing her hand tightly.
Tears formed in her eyes “ She’s just so convinced that she loves this Bill character. He’s just a vampire in a TV show, we should have never let her look at that thing in the first place….”
“It’s ok, its ok Carla,” Jack said calmingly, “We are gonna fix this, I swear, Kira will get better.”
The couple embraced, then got out of the car and to their home where they hoped to find their daughter busy doing homework.
On opening the door, a strong gasp escaped from Carla, a grim expression transfixed Jack’s face. Nakira sat draped in her mother silver, wearing all black with her purple and yellow suitcases around her.
“Mom, Dad, I love him and I’m going to save him….I’m going to save Bill Compton.”


© Copyright 2010 Mimi (mimiwrites20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670849-True-Obsession