*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671015-My-Boyfriend-Is-Cheating-On-Me-Chap1-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1671015
My story "My Boyfriend Is Cheating On Me With My Brother. WTF?!?" Chapters 1-10
Sami’s POV

         “What do you want?” My brother, Luke called, not taking his eyes off of the TV.
         “I want money!” I said and he laughed. “Please Luke? I’ll do your chores for a week!” He tapped his finger on his chin and smiled.
         “Okay.” He said and I smiled happily. “But…” He started and I groaned. “You also have to wash my car.” He said and I rolled my eyes.
         “Fine.” I said and held out my hand waiting for him to slam the money into it. I raised an eyebrow at him when I realized my hand was still empty.
         “You need to sign a contract.” He declared and I slapped the back of his hand.
         “Just give me the damn money, Luke!” I said and he feigned hurt.
         “Fine.” He grumbled and threw a couple twenties at me. I picked them up and ran out the door, laughing like a maniac.
         “Psycho.” I heard him mumble, making me laugh harder. I grabbed my cell out of my bag and hit speed dial.
         “Hello?” Came the muffled voice of my best friend, Alexis.
         “Hey!” I yelled into the phone.
         “Ow! Fuck! Why do you yell so loud?” She asked impatiently.
         “Because it’s fun, silly!” I yelled again.
         “Stop!” She said and I laughed.
         “What are we doing tonight?” I asked her.
         “Drake Powers is having a party.” She said and I sighed.
         “Another party?” I asked lamely.
         “Come on! Please?” She pleaded.
         “Let me guess, Evan is going to be there?” I asked and she laughed.
         “Yup. Do you need a ride?” She asked.
         “I’ll get one from Luke.” I said and snapped my phone shut, running inside.
         “Luke?” I called.
         “What now?” Came his muffled reply.
         “I need a ride to Drake’s party!” I called and Luke was in front of me before I could blink.
         “Party?” He asked and I nodded, laughing. I mean the boy likes parties but it was getting ridiculous.
         “Yup.” I said and he bolted out to the car and I heard the engine running.
         “Hurry up!” He said motioning me to get into the car. I laughed but ran up to the car and Luke took off before my second leg was in.
         “Luke!” I yelled, shutting the door.
         “Sorry.” He said and I rolled my eyes. Freak. Luke turned the radio on and pop music blared out of the speakers. I turned it down and stared at him in shock.
         “What?” He asked.
         “What the f*ck are you? A little girl?” I laughed.
         “What do you mean by that?” His eyes flicked back and forth from me to the road.
         “You’re listening to f*cking Hannah Montana!” I yelled.
         “What’s wrong with that?” He asked.
         “Are you gay?” I asked ignoring his question.
         “No!” He said and I looked at him skeptically.
         “There’s nothing wrong with being gay. You can tell me anything.” I told him and he squirmed uncomfortably.
         “I really don’t want to have this conversation right now.” He said. I laughed.
         “I can hook you up with  Mario.” I winked, trying to contain my laughter but it was impossible when he looked at me, terror clear in his face.
         “Don’t scare me like that Sam!” He complained. “If you’re going to hook me up with a guy, he should at least be decent.”
         “So you admit you want me to hook you up with a guy?” I asked and laughed.
         “Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! No.” He said which made me laugh even harder.
         “Whatever you say.” I said, shooting him a sarcastic look.
         “Whatever.” He mumbled as we pulled into Drake’s driveway.
         “We’re here.” He said and we both got out of the car. The party was going strong and I could here ‘Tik Tok’ by Ke$ha coming from inside the house. I laughed at the sight of some wasted guys sliding down a slip and slide filled with beer. I opened the door and was immediately pulled into a kiss. I looked up and smiled at my boyfriend, Gabe.
         “Hey.” I said and kissed him again. He pulled away and I was hurt but didn’t show it. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. I only thought we were together because I was a cheerleader and he was a football player. I didn’t even think he liked me. I shrugged it off and grabbed a beer from the fridge. I took a swig and spotted Alexis from the corner of my eye.
         “I’ll be right back.” I whispered to Gabe and thought I saw him grimace when I kissed his cheek. I just ignored it and walked over to Alexis.
         “Hey, Lexi.” I said and pulled her into a hug.
         “Hey Ami.” She said and hugged me and that’s when I noticed the guy standing behind her. I bit my lip and looked him up and down.
         “I’m gay.” He said and I laughed.
         “Hi, Gay. I’m Sami but you can call me Sam or Ami. I go by both.” I said and he shook my hand.
         “Well you can keep on calling me Gay or you can call me Ryan.” He replied with a smile.
         “I like Gay better.” I said and Alexis slapped my arm.
         “Ryan,” She said putting an emphasize on Ryan. “Is my cousin. He’s here to visit for a few weeks.”
         “Oh.” I said dumbly and offered my beer to her. She took a swig and handed it back to me. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw my boyfriend’s best friend, Ronnie looking very uncomfortable.
         “What’s up, Ron?” I asked and he scratched his head nervously.
         “You um might want to see this.” He said and pulled me through the crowd and up the stairs towards the bedrooms.
         “Listen Ronnie, I like you but I have a boyfriend and I don’t think he’d be happy about this.” I said but didn’t get to finish because Ronnie swung open one of the doors and I saw my brother making out with…GABE?!?

PART 2

Gabe’s POV

         “I’ll be right back.” Sami said and left. I felt really bad for leading her on but I didn’t have the heart to break up with her. I thought she really liked me and it broke my heart to picture her big doe eyes filling up with tears if I broke up with her. I sighed and felt a pat on my back.
         “You okay, man?” Ronnie asked me and I nodded.
         “Girlfriend problems.” I replied and Ronnie looked at me surprised.
         “How can you have problems with Ami?” He asked and I shrugged and looked down. “She’s like perfect man.” He said and I nodded.
         “That’s the problem. She’s so nice and I can’t find the courage to make her sad.” I said and got a confusing look in return.
         “Why would you make her sad?” He asked and I took a deep breath.
         “Because I like her brother.” I said and Ronnie’s jaw dropped open.
         “You like me huh?” Came a deep voice. I turned and a smile lit up my face when I saw Luke.
         “Y-Yeah.” I said and everything after that was a blur.
Sami’s POV

         Luke and Gabe just stared at me in shock and I stared back at them.
         ‘Sam, I can explain.” Gabe started to say but I cut him off.
         “I don’t want to here it.” I said, trying to keep a straight face.
         “Are you okay, Sam?” Gabe asked me and I nodded.
         “Nothing personal but I only went out with you because I thought I was supposed to.” I said and he relaxed.
         “Why would you think you were supposed to?” He asked and I shrugged.
         “You’re the quarterback of the football team and I’m captain of the cheerleading squad. Everyone expects us to be together.” I said and he laughed.
         “There’s only one problem with that.” He said, still laughing. “I’m gay.”
         “Yeah…I’m just going to go.” I said and bolted out of the room, laughing to myself.
         “Guess what?” I yelled across the room to Alexis.
         “What?” She yelled back. I ran up to her.
         “Me and Gabe broke up.” I said and her eyes widened.
         “What? Why?” She screamed, getting unwanted attention from everybody in the room.
         “Because we don’t like each other anymore.” I told her quietly.
         “You can’t just stop liking a person.” She yelled and I pinched her.
         “Keep it down.” I said and she glared at me.
         “That hurt.” She said and I laughed.
         “I know.” I said and she laughed.
         “I can’t stay mad at you.” She said.
         “I know.” I replied and stood up.
         “Where are you going?” She asked.
         “Home. Can I get a ride. I don’t feel in the partying mood.” I replied and she nodded.

Lexi’s POV

         I dropped Ami off at her house and drove back to the party because Ryan needed a ride home. I pulled into Drake’s driveway and everyone was quiet when I walked in. drake appeared next to me and smiled at me.
         “I here that your friend Sami is single.” He said and I nodded.
         “What’s it to you?” I asked suspiciously. He shrugged.
         “I don’t know. Just curious.” He said and looked at me weirdly. “Are you brain damaged or just stupid?” He asked and I cocked my head to the side.
         “Huh?” I asked and he looked at me in disbelief.
         “The reason I want to know if Sami is single is because she is a freaking goddess and every guy in this room would love to be the first to know if she was single but they’re not. I am.” I rolled my eyes at him. Ami would never go out with him.
         “Oh really?” I raised an eyebrow at him and he nodded suspiciously. “Not anymore.” I said and stood up on the counter.
         “Attention everyone.” I yelled and three hundred heads snapped towards me. I gulped, regretting what I had done. “Um…uh…never mind.” I said and started to get down but Drake’s cocky grin stopped me. “Sami Parker is now single.” I yelled and my face flushed as several whoops arose from the crowd. I put my hands over my red face. What have I done?

Drake’s POV

         Stupid b*tch! Sami’s friend Ariana or Alex or whatever the f*ck her name was just screwed everything up! My plan was to get Sami to be mine before anyone new she was single but because of that stupid sl*t  everyone knew and everyone would be talking about it. I shook my head in disbelief. Why would Gabe break up with Sami. She’s perfect. She’s pretty and honest and really nice and I don’t even think she has the ability to say no which would make it much easier to get in her pants. I smiled evilly as an idea clicked in my head. A way to get her to fall in love with me.

PART 3

Sami’s POV

         I screamed as my alarm when off.
         “Fuck!” I yelled and threw it out the open window. I groaned when I realized it was Monday and I groggily walked over to mirror. My hair was tangled and frizzy so I jumped into the shower and afterwards, I tight it into a ponytail, sweeping my bangs off to the side. I wore a strapless white shirt with leather pants and metallic heels. I screamed when Luke burst in with a maniac smile on his face.
         “Do you know that hot blonde girl with the big-” He started to say but I cut him off.
         “Kelli?” I asked and he nodded. “What about her.”
         “Me and her are going clubbing tonight.” He said and I stood there in shock.
         “I thought you were gay!” I yelled and he looked taken aback.
         “I’m not gay!” He yelled back.
         “What about last night?” I asked and he looked at me in horror.
         “I was too drunk to remember anything. Did I do something…gay?” He asked and I shook my head in disbelief.
         “Nothing besides making out with my boyfriend.” I mumbled the last part but Luke still heard it.
         “Fuck! Does anyone else know?” He asked and I shook my head. “Good. Now I just have to explain to Gabe that I was drunk and I don’t like guys.” I laughed.
         “Give him this number after you tell him.” I said and gave him Ryan’s number that Alexis gave to me at the party.
         “Why?” He asked.
         “Because it’s the only gay guy I know other than Mario.” I shuddered when I said Mario and Luke laughed.
         “Whatever.” He said and I followed him out to his car.

Lexi’s POV

         I waited nervously for Ami at her locker and Drake came over to me.
         “What do you think you’re doing?” I asked him, disgust clear in my voice.
         “Waiting for Sami.” He said and I rolled my eyes.
         “She would never go out with you.” I said and he smirked at me.
         “Don’t be so sure.” He said. “I look like a supermodel.” He struck a pose and I couldn’t help the giggle that escaped from my lips. He smiled triumphantly and I heard Sami’s voice echoing around the halls.
         “Bye Luke.” She said as Luke walked away from her and into one of the classrooms. Sami walked over to us, took one look at Drake, and decided it would be best to ignore him.
         “So I hear you’re single.” He slid in front of me, blocking my view to Sami.
         “Yup.” She popped the p and tried to move around him.
         “How about me and you go out tonight.” He said.
         “Nope.” She popped the p again.
         “What?” He asked and I laughed. He glared at me and turned back to Sami. “Fine. Suit yourself.” He said and walked away, pouting. Me and Sami looked at each other and burst out laughing just as the bell rung.
         “Got to go.” I hugged her and took off.

Sami’s POV

         I doodled on my notebook as the teacher droned on and on about the importance of pi. It was fifth period and I had lunch next period, my least favorite period. Not because I wasn’t popular, but because I was too popular. I sat with brain dead bimbos and annoying jocks who are only trying to get in my pants like Drake Powers and every time I moved they always followed me. I hated being popular.
         “Ms. Parker!” My teacher’s nasally vice brought me to attention.
         “Yes?” I asked, annoyed.
         “What does pi equal?” She asked and I rolled my eyes.
         “3.14.” I replied and she shot me a dirty look before continuing with her lesson. The bell rang and I was the first one out of the class. Lexi met me at my locker and we walked to the cafeteria together. AS usual, our table was full except for two empty seats in the middle and as usual me and Lexi sat at an empty table and, as usual, a bunch of people got up and moved next to us. Yup, that was usual. Luke tossed me and apple and a pack of m&ms. I threw them back at him.
         “I only like the red ones.” I said and he started sorting them out for me, as usual.
         “Did you hear the news?” Kelli asked me and I shook my head.
         “There’s a new kid.” She said and I smiled.
         “I thought the news was that me and Gabe broke up.” I said and a couple of the girls gasped but everyone else seemed like it was no surprise.
         “So you wouldn’t mind if I…” Started Lindsay, another one of the blond bimbos from hell.
         “He’s all yours.” I said and smiled warmly at her.
         “Cool.” She said and nibbled on her salad.
         “So I hear there’s a new kid.” Luke said, breaking the silence. I jerked my head up.
         “Where’d you hear that?” I asked and Luke smiled sweetly.
         “A little bird told me.” He glanced over at a giggling Kelli and I rolled my eyes.
         “Mmhmm.” I said and Luke laughed and we all joined in.
         “So what’s the new kid’s name?” Lindsay asked.
         “I don’t know.” Was Luke’s reply as he stuffed his face with more pizza. I smirked at him and finished my lunch.
         After school, me and Lexi went to the mall and bought some shoes.
         “So, what’s going on with Evan?” I asked Lexi as I was trying on a pair of Doc Martins.
         “I don’t really know.” She replied. “Sometimes he acts like he likes me and other times he completely ignores me.”
         “Well you don’t really show him that you like him.” I said as I laced up the boots.
         “I’m shy.” She said and I rolled my eyes.
         “If you really like him you need to show it or he might just think you have no interest in him.” She seemed thoughtful and nodded.
         “Okay.” She replied and I smiled.
         “What do you think of these?” I asked as I walked around the store.
         “They’re perfect.” She said and I smiled.
         “Yup.”

Gabe’s POV

         “Listen, Gabe.” Luke said and I knew something was up. “I don’t really remember last night but I know I was really drunk and if anything happened, I want you to know it’s not going to happen again because I like girls.” He said and gave me a piece of paper. “Call this number if you get a chance.” He said and walked away, leaving me in shock. I didn’t remember anything happening last night either. The last thing I remember was grabbing a couple beers before I went to the party. I took a couple deep breaths. I couldn’t have done anything because I’m in love with Sami.

PART 4

Gabe's POV

Ronnie filled me in on everything that had happened at the party and I felt like such a jerk. Sami would never take me back.
         "Just tell Ami that you were drunk and she'll understand." Ronnie said with a handful of chips in his mouth so it sounded more like, 'mush mell Ami mam oo wer mrum am ell umermam.' I shook my head.
         "I don't think it's that easy." I said and sat back in my chair, thinking of ways to get her back.

Sami's POV

School had already ended but I was still at my locker, looking for my wallet, which had the money Luke gave me in it. I felt the leather and smiled as I picked up my wallet.
         "Yes!" I said and took a step backwards into someone with really nice abs. I turned around and looked up into the most gorgeous eyes I had ever seen.
         "Can you stop staring at me and get out of my way." He said. Jerk.
         "You can go around me and don't flatter yourself pretty boy." I sneered and he looked surprised but composed himself.
         "Anyone with eyes could see you want me." He said and I rolled my eyes.
         "Anyone with a brain could see that you have to be really stupid to want you." I smirked at him, slammed my locker shut, and walked away. I heard him mumble something that sounded like 'bitch' but I just flipped him off and got into Luke's car.
         "What was that about?" He asked and I shrugged.
         "The new kid's a dick." I said and he laughed.
         "Sure he is." I scowled at him.
         "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and he smiled innocently
         "Anyone who pisses you off is a 'dick' in your book." He said and I laughed.
         "People shouldn't piss me off." I said with an evil smile.

Carter's POV

I watched her walk out the door and into some dude's car. Whoa. No one ever disrespected me. I have to admit she was hot, even though she was a bitch. She was really hot but not hot enough for me.
'She's too hot for you.' A voice in my head said.
'Shut up.' I thought.
'Make me.' It said back and I rolled my eyes. I must be crazy. I just rolled my eyes at myself. Weird.

Sami's POV

         When I sat down at lunch, the first thing I realized is that one of the jocks had been replaced by the new kid. I glared at him and he smirked at me.
         “Hey!” He said enthusiastically.
         “Why are you here?” I asked.
         “Because he’s my friend.” Luke spoke up.
         “Whatever.” I said and was surprised to feel a tap on my back. I turned and saw Gabe.
         “Hi.” He said.
         “Hi?” I said curiously.
         “Can we talk?” He asked and I opened my mouth to respond but Drake stood up.
         “What would you need to talk to her about?” He asked.
         “Sit down, Drake.” I said and he obeyed. “I’ll be right back.” I said and followed Gabe out of the cafeteria.

Carter’s POV

         “Who’s that?” I asked.
         “Sami’s ex-boyfriend.” He said uninterested.
         “Aren’t you concerned?” I asked and Luke smiled.
         “Nope. Why would I be concerned?” He asked.
         “She could be getting raped or something.” I said, obviously worried.
         “I don’t have to worry about that.” He said and he looked at me. “Why do you care?” He asked me and I scoffed.
         “I don’t.” I replied but Luke looked at me skeptically. I was not only worried but kind of jealous.
‘I knew you liked her.’ Said that annoying voice in my head.
‘I don’t.’
‘Then why are you flipping out?’
‘I’m not.’
‘Whatever’
         “Carter?” I snapped back to reality to see Luke waving his hand in front of my face.
         “What?” I snapped.
         “Never mind.” He grumbled and sat back in his chair.

Sami’s POV

         “I’m not gay.” He said and I stared at him in shock.
         “What?” I asked after a few seconds.
         “I was drunk.” He said and I nodded.
         “Good to know.” I said and started to walk away.
         “Wait. What?” He cocked his head to the side.
         “Good to know.” I said slowly, enunciating the words.
         “Can you give me another chance?” He asked.
         “Listen. You’re a good guy but the only reason I went out with you is because everyone expected us to. I don’t like you anymore.” I said and started walking again but he grabbed my arm. I turned towards him and saw him just staring at me. I pulled my arm out of his grasp and walked back into the cafeteria. When I sat down everyone was staring at me.
         “What?” I asked.
         “What did he want?” Drake asked.
         “He wanted me to take him back.” I said like it was no big deal.
         “Did you?” Carter asked quickly and I shot him a weird look.
         “No.” I said and turned my attention to my food.
         “Is it because you like someone else?” Drake asked and I laughed.
         “It’s not going to happen Drake.” I said and he pouted.
         “Whatever.” He grumbled and I looked at Carter who seemed happy. Too happy…

PART 5

Sami’s POV

         I had four periods with Carter and they were not fun. Carter was so annoying and he kept flirting with Kelli every period he had with her. Not that I care.
‘You like him.’ Said the damn voice in my head.
‘No I don’t!’
‘Yes you do.’
‘No I don’t!’
‘Yes you do.’
‘Am I seriously arguing with myself?’
‘Yes. Yes you are.’
         `I glanced over at Carter who was sitting next to Kelli, who was a little too close to him in my opinion. I was stuck next to Drake, who was doing very perverted things. He was so damn annoying!
         “Hey Sami?” He said and I looked over at him but instead of seeing a perverted smile on his face, I saw a sweet smile.
         “Yeah?” I asked.
         “Do you want to-” He was cut off by the bell ringing and I sprinted out of the room. Saved by the bell! I was on my way to the cafeteria when I ran into someone, spilling his papers.
         “I’m sorry.” I said and bent down to pick up the papers and I looked up to see very familiar eyes and I gasped.
         “Are you okay?” The guy asked.
         “Yeah, sorry. You look a lot like someone I know.” He looked exactly like Carter except he was taller and he had a different haircut.
         “I get that a lot.” He said and helped me up.
         “I’m Sami.” I said and shook his hand.
         “Alex.” He said with a smile. “I’m new. Would you mind showing me around?” He asked.
         “Not at all.” I replied. “Lunch is this period. Do you want to sit with me?” He nodded his head eagerly and I laughed. “Come on.” I grabbed his hand and we walked to the cafeteria together.

Carter’s POV

         I was trying to get Kelli to get off of me when I heard Sami laugh. My head snapped in her direction and my mouth almost dropped open when I saw her holding hands with Alex and laughing at something that he said. My blood boiled and jealousy overcame me. I walked over to Alex and Sami with my fists clenched.
         “What are you doing?” I asked Alex impatiently.
         “Eating lunch with a pretty girl.” he said and Sami blushed.
         “Don’t you have a girlfriend?” I asked him and he shook his head.
         “Me and Tory broke up.” He shrugged and sat down at our table. Next to each other. I sat down next to Luke, who was looking at me amused, and Kelli who was rubbing her boobs on me. I ate my lunch in silence, trying to ignore Alex and Sami’s flirting but it was impossible. I was glad when school was finally over.

Alex’s POV

         I was pissed at Carter. He just had to mention Tory. Not that Sami minded. She was so sweet and pretty and vulnerable. I had a feeling Carter liked her but I wasn’t going to let him get to her.

Sami’s POV

         The only thing I could think about all day was Alex. He was so nice, unlike Carter. I found out that Alex and Carter were brothers. That explained how they knew each other but I was still confused about why Carter came to school a day before Alex. Needless to say, I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Gabe’s POV

         “Um…uh…I likes Sami.” I said to the advancing Lindsay. She frowned.
         “She doesn’t like you. She was the one who told me to go for you.” She said and that hurt. I knew Sami didn’t have romantic feelings towards me but I thought she would be a little hesitant to get rid of me. Shows how wrong I am.
         “I have to go.” I said and ran away from Lindsay.

Luke’s POV

         “Hey baby. You want to fuck me. If I’m wrong then fuck me.” I slurred my words and winked at the bartender.
         “I’m good.” She said and I leaned back in my chair.
         “Whatever.” I grumbled. “Suit yourself.” I said right before I passed out.

PART 6

Luke’s POV

         Crap! I had gotten so drunk that I passed out and I woke up at two in the morning. Sami must be really worried. I checked my phone and saw I had seven missed calls, all from Sami.
         “Shit.” I mumbled and called Sami.
         “Luke?” She asked.
         “Yup.” I said.
         “Where the hell have you been?” Sami sounded angry.
         “At the bar.” I said nonchalantly.
         “Get your ass home right now!” She screamed and I heard a click.
         “Bitch.” I mumbled and hung up the phone.

Sami’s POV

         Luke decided to come home at two in the morning and I barely got any sleep so when I went to school on Monday, I was really tired.
         “Are you okay?” Alex asked me at lunch.
         “Yeah just a little tired.” I said, yawning.
         “You look more than a little tired.” He said and pulled me up.
         “What are we doing?” I asked.
         “Let’s skip and you can crash at my place so that you won’t be so tired.” He said and I nodded.
         “Sounds good.” I yawned again and Alex laughed.
         “Let’s go.”
         When we got to Alex’s house I was amazed. He was loaded.
         “Wow.” I said and he laughed, pulling me into a room.
         “You can sleep here.” He said and pointed to the couch.
         “Thanks.” I said and hugged him before laying down on the couch and falling asleep.

Carter’s POV

         “Alex!” I called when I got home and instantly Alex appeared in front of me.
         “What’s up?” He asked uninterested.
         “Where were you today?” I asked him.
         “Me and Sami skipped.” He said nonchalantly.
         “What did you do?” I asked angrily.
         “Stuff.” I growled and stormed out of the room. I went into the living room and heard a squeak when I sat on the couch.
         “Huh?” I looked down and my eyes widened as I saw Sami with a red face, trying to push me off of her.
         “Damn, you’re heavy!” She wheezed after I got up.
         “What are you doing here?” I asked her.
         “Sleeping.” She replied.
         “Did you and Alex do anything?” I asked her, trying to hide my jealousy. Her cheeks flushed and she quickly shook her head.
         “No! Me and Alex are just friends.” She replied quickly and I sighed in relief. Sami shot me a weird look and I laughed. “I’m not even going to ask.” She said and sat back down on the couch next to me.
         “Smart move.” I said and she smiled, leaning into me.
         “I know right.” She said and we stayed like that. With my arm around her neck and her head against my chest. I think that it’s safe to say that neither one of us wanted to move.

PART 7

Sami’s POV

         “What are you doing Friday?” Luke asked Carter.
         “I have a date with Rachel.” He replied and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. He was too hot for Rachel. Oh no. I just admitted he was hot. Crap! The worst part is that I was jealous.
         “Where are you guys going?” Alex asked him.
         “We’re going to watch Shutter Island at the theater.” He replied and I almost sighed in frustration. I wanted to see that movie!
         “I want to see that movie.” Alex said excitedly. “Do you mind if we make it a double date?” He asked and Carter nodded.
         “Are you going to take Tory?” He asked with a mischievous grin but Alex made a face.
         “No. Me and her are over.” He enunciated the word over and turned towards me. “Would you like to come with me?” I smiled warmly at him. Why not?
         “Sure.” I said and he smiled boyishly at me but Carter frowned.
         “Maybe a double date isn’t such a good idea.” He said and I frowned. Does he really hate me that much?
         “You already said we could come so ha!” Alex said and I giggled. He sounded like a little kid.
         “Fine.” Carter said shooting me an annoyed glance. Wow. I guess he really despises me and I bet he thinks I’m an annoying pest. That thought put me in a bad mood for the rest of school and when I finally got home I collapsed into a heap on my bed, exhausted.

Carter’s POV

         Great! Just freaking great! I would have to sit through two hours of watching Alex and Sami macking on each other. Not that I cared.
‘You care!’ My head said to me.
‘Nope.’
‘Then why are you so upset about Alex and Sami?’
‘I’m not!’
‘Are too.’
‘Am not!’
‘Are too.’
‘Whatever.’
‘That’s what I thought’

PART 8

Sami’s POV
         I was listening to music when  the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs and smiled when I saw Alex standing in the doorway looking amazing.
         “Hey.” I said shyly.
         “Hi.” He said and grasped my hand, pulling me towards his car. Carter was in the front seat and I got into the passenger seat, so Alex and Rachel were in the back. The ride was pretty awkward and I focused on the road.
         “You were supposed to turn back there.” I said pointing behind me.
         “We’re not going to the movies.” He said and I looked at him confused.
         “What?”
         “Sorry. I forgot to tell you. We’re going out for dinner because the movie was canceled.” Alex said from the back seat. I slumped back into my seat and didn’t talk for the rest of the ride. Carter pulled into the parking lot of a small restaurant and we all got out of the car.
         “This place seems nice.” I said as we followed the waitress to our table and I groaned as I saw a stage come into view. “Karaoke?” I groaned again and Carter laughed.
         “What’s a matter? You don’t like having to sit through old people singing out of tune?” He asked.
         “I like my ears and I would rather that they don’t bleed.” I said and Carter laughed again. After we ordered and got our food we started talking about prom.
         “Are you going?” Alex asked me and I shrugged.
         “Don’t know.” I replied. “Are you?”
         “Maybe. It’s still another month away so I’m not sure.” He said and I nodded and turned towards Carter and Rachel except all I saw was Carter.
         “Where’s Rachel?” I asked him and he shrugged.
         “I don’t know. She just disappeared.” He said and I rolled my eyes. He lost his date.
         “I’m not feeling so hot.” Alex said and I looked up at his gee face as he ran to the bathroom. It was just me and Carter.
         “So…” I said awkwardly.
         “So…” He replied just as awkward.
         “I love this song!” I squeaked as  Someone started singing ‘I’m Yours’ by The Script.
         “Me too. Do you want to dance?” Carter asked, holding his hand out to me. I took it without hesitation and we moved to the dance floor. I put my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips. We swayed in sync with the music and my breathing got heavy when I realized the situation. I was really close to Carter. He leaned in towards me and instinctively I leaned in too. My heart sped up and our lips were only inches apart when…
         “I’m back!” Rachel said and both are heads snapped up and my eyes widened when I realized what was happening. I think I’m starting to like Carter.

Carter’s POV

         Her lips looked so warm and inviting. Without realizing what I was doing I leaned in towards her and she did the same. Our lips were about to touch when Rachel’s squeaky voice interrupted us.
         “I’m back!” She squealed and Sami and I pulled away. Her eyes widened when she realized what had almost happened and so did mine but from the looks of it, Rachel had no clue.
         “Shit.” I heard Sami mumble as she played with her fingers. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Rachel’s POV

         I walked back into the restaurant and saw Alex’s girlfriend dancing with Carter. They both leaned in and my eyes narrowed. Oh hell no!!!
         “I’m back!” I squealed loudly and both of their heads snapped in my direction and the bitch tried to look surprised. What a terrible actor. I smiled smugly and grabbed Carter’s arm, giving him a peck on the cheek. He’s mine. So you better back off.

PART 9

Sami’s POV

         I sat in with Alex on the ride home and didn’t utter a single word to Carter. I was getting really tired so I leaned back and Alex put his arm around me. Carter glanced in the rear view mirror and scowled. Jerk. If he didn’t like me he shouldn’t have tried to kiss me. He was probably just messing with my head. Rachel turned on the radio and ‘How To Save A Life’ by The Fray came on and I smiled.
‘I love this song’ I thought to myself. I stopped smiling when Rachel groaned and switched it to some pop garbage. I rolled my eyes before closing them and laying my head against Alex. I felt something soft and warm on my lips and I opened my eyes to see Alex kissing me. It was nice but it didn’t really have a spark. Just a really comfortable feeling and when he pulled away, it didn’t leave me wanting more like I heard it’s supposed to. I believed in that true love and sparks thing. If it hadn’t been for the fact that Carter was in the front seat, I might have kissed him back.
         “Not now, Alex.” I said and pushed him off.
         “Why not?” He pouted.
         “Well, there’s the fact that you threw up less than a half an hour ago.” I said and he looked down when Carter chuckled from the front seat. I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. This is complicated.

Carter’s POV

         I couldn’t help but smile when Sami pushed Alex away. He deserved it and besides Sami was…um…taken.
‘By who?’
‘I don’t know.’
‘You.’
‘Hell no!!!’
‘Mhmm’
‘Whatever.’
         I can be so annoying sometimes! That thought made me laugh and Alex looked at me weirdly before turning his attention to the TV. The reporter was at the scene of a murder.
         “Last night at three am, Blake Parker was murdered. An anonymous witness and a sketch artist have created a sketch of the suspect and the police are now on the lookout for a Kayla Taylor, who is rumored to be an enemy of the victims family. More information coming up at ten.” At that moment I didn’t think much of it but I didn’t know that it would change my life forever.

PART 10

Sami’s POV

         “Asshole!” I screamed as Carter and Luke sprayed with me with the water nozzle next to the sink. They burst out laughing and I narrowed my eyes. “You think this is funny?” I asked and they nodded, still laughing. I took a step towards them and Luke straightened up, with a terrified look on his face while Carter kept laughing. I walked up to him and cleared my throat. He looked up, which gave me a perfect opening to kick him where the sun don’t shine. He doubled over in pain and I smiled smugly. Serves him right. I averted my attention to Luke. He took one look at me and ran. I just shrugged. I could get him later. I started walking out of the room when Carter grabbed my leg, pulling me backwards. I landed on top of him and our heads made contact.
         “Ow!” We said in unison and I put my hand over the large bump on my forehead. “Jerk.” I mumbled and looked down into his emerald eyes, getting lost in the swirls of color. It had only been a few seconds, though it felt like hours, when I heard someone clearing their throat. I looked up to see Luke standing in the doorway, with a very angry looking Rachel behind him.
         “Someone is here to see you.” He said to Carter and I quickly pushed myself off of him.
         “Sorry.” I mumbled and went up to my room. I put my iPod on shuffle and stared up at the ceiling.
‘I like Carter.’ I thought to myself. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks and I pushed myself up against my headboard. ‘I like Carter and I think he likes me too.’ A smile reached my lips as I stood up. I was going to tell Carter how I felt about him. Even if it kills me. I ran down the stairs and burst into the kitchen. Rachel was on top of Carter and they were swapping spit on the floor. I ran out of the room before either of them could say anything.
‘How could I think he liked me? I’m just an annoying pest to him.’
‘Got that right.’
‘Now you agree with me!’
‘Yup.’

Carter’s POV

         “Hey Carter.” Rachel purred seductively.
         “Hi.” I said, backing up a step.
         “There’s nothing go on between you and Sally. Is there?” She asked, narrowing her eyes slightly.
         ‘Her name is Sami.” I said and she took a step towards me.
         “Answer the question. Is there anything between you and Sadie?” She asked again.
         “No.” I said and she visibly relaxed. “I wish.” I added silently.
         “Good.” She took another step towards me and pushed me up against the wall, pressing her lips up against mine.
         “There’s nothing going on between me and you either.” I said pushing her off.
         “Yes there is.” She said and kissed me again, bringing me onto the floor in the process. The door burst open and me and Rachel pulled apart to see Sami standing in the doorway.
         “Sami.” I yelled but she was already gone.

© Copyright 2010 Reilly Wise (rastian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671015-My-Boyfriend-Is-Cheating-On-Me-Chap1-10