*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671766-Triage-a-Metaphor-For-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Experience · #1671766
experiences from working in Emergency Medicine. My disdorted view of reality.
[indent{The first time I can remember hearing the term triage was on the T.V. show, M.A.S.H. I started working in a hospital when I was in highschool, because I lived across the street from one . Convience, was a priority . I got hired as a surgical aide. My job description was to clean the surgical suites after the operation was done. I then had to clean all the instruments used and repacked for the autoclave, sterilization,process. Each surgical pack is set up the same everytime according to it's specific use. Surgical insruments have odd names and there are hundreds of them. There was agreat deal to learn,and then it was repitious.I also assisted the recovery room nurse with stabilizing the patient waking from anesthesia.  There was very little room for errors.  I'll admit I was proud of myself for having such a unique partime job for a highschool junior. I did not seek this job because I had a passion for it.  Like I mentioned , it was the convience of living across the street, that i took this job. It was not a glamorous job, but litterally a bloody mess!
© Copyright 2010 katiehornelker (2boys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671766-Triage-a-Metaphor-For-Life