*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672737-Creativly-Free-and-cursed
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #1672737
A story that mixes fantasy and reality in a deep way.
    A man  sat in a wheelchair. He couldn't move. He couldn't talk.  Green eyes burned with imagination. Those observing were quiet.
         
         The dragons were coming, red and black, with wings that spanned a mile. Fear swept the village at dooms approach. One man stood to save them. A brave knight, dressed in  hospital robes. He did battle with the beasts, bloody and epic. As steel pierced the last reptilian skull, the mans eyes burned a deep green.  The crowd came forth to applaud him. "What is thy name?" a maiden asks. The man looks at the young woman. "They call me billy."
         That night the mayor of the town held a feast to celebrate Billy's victory. Rich meat was torn from bone, and fresh wine flowed down relieved throats. All was joyous. Then, from out of the sky plummeted a dangerous form. It was Zykar, the dragon king. The dragon swooped down, snatched the mayor's daughter and flew away.
         The mayor asks Billy for help. He travels far and wide, finally coming to Zykar's lair. He fights with the dragon, a battle woven into tales ever after. But Zykar could not be defeated. Exhausted and helpless Billy looks down at the mayor's daughter and realizes it is the maiden who spoke to him. " I can't defeat you, but I can save her life." he said. "Name your price."  The dragon king sneers. "If you agree to live the rest of your life useless to others, I will spare her." Billy agrees. The maiden cries.

         The doctor observing Billy sighed. The man had been a great writer, very creative. "I wonder if imagination truly sets you free." he mused. Miles away, the girl that Billy had taken a bullet for, cries in gratitude. "I thought i was going to die."
© Copyright 2010 WordDazz90 (mikedazz90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672737-Creativly-Free-and-cursed