*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673115-Tale-of-Two-Roses
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1673115
A romantic tragedy about a college student who's life slowly falls apart. NOT PROOF READ!
The following is a work of fiction. Characters, names, situations, events, and locations described in this novel are purely the invention of the author's mind, or are used fictitiously. Any sort of resemblance to people - living or dead, names and locations is purely coincidental. This story is copyrighted and cannot be taken or displayed without the permission of the author.


Tale of Two Roses
Terry Bowman


Preface - Coward


I'd never really thought about suicide before, it always seemed like the cowards way to run to the hills, and avoid his problems, but It started to look like a great idea after my world slowly fell apart around me. This isn't a regular suicide note, this the chronicle of my life, from the day she came into my life, to the point I couldn't handle the pressure of it all. This will be written from my shoes, or first person. My name is Phoenix Geere, and this is my suicide note.



Chapter 1. Meet Alicia


I stepped into the building of Central University, I walked down the hallway to my first class.Sophomore English it was my favorite college class, and as an English major its a good thing it was my favorite. I walked down the familiar hallways, and into the English room, I greeted Mrs. Barrow, she was a short lady, medium length auburn hair, she was really nice, and she loved me, we would even go out for coffee, and discuss fine literature. I walked to my desk and had a seat. I played around on my laptop, until she walked in.

Alicia Collins, the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, she was sculpted perfectly, light brown hair, deep green eyes, and amazing facial features, she was prefect.She gracefully walked into the room, her shiny hair flowing as she moved. She could only be compared to the beauty of a rose at dawn,the petals seem to shiver as the chilled dew lays upon them,glistening in the new morning light. She spoke to Mrs. Barrow, and walked to a seat in the front of the room, she sat in the corner, not all that far away from me, close enough so that I could appreciate her beauty, and close enough to see her amazing eyes, the reflected light in a way I'd never seen before, something I didn't think was possible, they were like green diamonds, reflecting light from every part of her flawless iris. I was a little scared to talk to her. Why would such a prefect being want to waste time talking to someone like me? I was a 19 year old college student, just an average Joe, crisp brown hair, and bronze eyes, I wasn't spectacular at all, I was just average. I finally decide I had to say something. “Hey, Um... New Girl,” I said in a shaky voice, “What's your name?” I asked trying to seem sincere. “I'm Alicia,” She said. Her voice did her beauty justice. It sounded like the strings of an angels harp. I was stunned. “So, Is this your first day.” “Yeah, It is, It's pretty cool.” He voice was so beautiful, it was like she was singing every word. “Yeah, whats your major?” I asked her.“Physiology,” she replied, “This class war required, What's yours.” “English,” She smiled and turned away. That went a little better than I though. A few seconds later my best friend, and roommate Joel Tompkins walked into the room. Joel was average height. Short cropped black hair, and shiny blue eyes. He was really cool, he too was an English major, we shared an apartment. Joel walked back to the desk next tome, and took a seat. “Hey, Phoenix Whats going on?” “Nothing really, just writing on this paper.” “Cool man, so who is the beautiful lady in front of us?” he asked me. “Her name is Alicia,today is her first day.” “Alicia, that's very nice, but it can't top Phoenix, its just great!” I sighed, I always got so much because of my name, but I liked it, It sounded very professional, but the ridicule never ceased. “Hey Alicia,” Joel called out. “Yes?”she asked as she turned around. “Welcome to Central, I hope you enjoy it here, its a pretty good school.” She gently smiled exposing her polish white teeth, they were perfect as well.

I really hoped it would all work out like I wanted it to, but that never seems to happen. This was the day I met the girl that would forever change ever fragment of my life, only I didn't know it yet, and neither did she. Welcome to Central, Its a pretty good school.




Chapter 2. The Next Day


I spent the rest of the day thinking about her, It was insane, I couldn't get the girl off my mind. It was the strangest thing I'd ever experienced, but it must have been too good to be true I thought, There is no way that Alicia could be that perfect, and not be a snob, or something, there had to be something wrong with the girl, or was her personality as flawless as her beauty? I truly hope so. I walked back down the familiar hallways to my English class I'd finally get to see her again, the mere Twenty-Four hours felt like an eternity. How could I care so much?

I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom, she was there in the same seat, and looked just a beautiful as the day before, if not more, but that couldn't be possible. I sat down in my desk, and stared at her gently. I finally had thought of something to say, but I wasn't sure about it. “Hey Alicia, How are you doing today?” I asked in a shaky tone again. “I'm doing pretty good,” she replied. I was relieved that she even talked to me. She seemed to be trying to figure out who everyone was, Joel walked in again, “Isn't that your friend?” she asked “Yeah, thats Joel, My roommate.” I was almost sad that she asked about him. “Oh, thats Joel, Whats your name?” She asked me. “Phoenix,” I replied “Phoenix,” she chuckled “Sorta outlandish isn't it.” “Yeah I guess so.” I laughed too, even the goddess before me was making jokes about my name, but I guess there just aren't that many Phoenixes in the world which I was proud of. “Alicia,” Joel asked smoothly “Whats going on?” “Nothing really, just trying to get everyone straight, I'm sure to remember Phoenix however,” she chuckled again “It's sort of unforgettable.” I smile, and laid my head down. Joel had a seat next to me, and began to talk about going out tonight, I didn't really like the idea I had allot of work to do, and If we went out I'd still be thinking about her. “Alicia,” Joel suddenly called out, “Would you like to go out with Phoenix, and I tonight?” I was scared, I didn't know what to expect. “Um, Sure,” she said “That sounds good, where are you guys going?” I was happy again, I sat back up, and listened to Joel, and her talking about it. “Well, My brother is having this party tonight, and I figured we all could go.” “Yeah, that sounds like fun, and I'll have a chance to meet some people from this town.” Alicia sounded happy to be going out, her perfect face gleamed with excitement, It was almost like she didn't expect to fit in, maybe that was her flaw, she didn't realize how beautiful she was. I was ready to take on the world. Mrs. Barrow began a lecture, we all paid attention except for Joel who was busy playing poker on his laptop, It was his favorite thing about College he always said, “I can pretend take notes, while I play poker, It's brilliant!” I kept notes of the lecture. I waited patiently for her to finish so I could talk to Alicia again.

She Finally finished, I was so happy. “So, where do I need to go?” she asked. “Here,” said Joel handing her a piece of paper with the directions from the school written on it, and the address, “Just be here around eight o' clock.” “Okay,” she replied. I didn't really talk, I just listened to her velvet voice, and stared anxiously at her beautiful face. They continued to talk, I just listened to her, She was actually allot different than anyone could expect. She acted similarly to us, she was awkward in conversation, and didn't really know how to compose herself the way anyone would expect her to with such beauty, but still somehow I knew I just wasn't right for her, no matter how it seemed to be, It would never be just right. Joel turned to me, and spoke, “Hey man, we're going to have fun tonight right?” “Of Course,” I said, but I was still weighing the chances of ending up with this Alicia, I still couldn't get her out of my head, even when she was just right there. It was much easier to think about her, than to talk to her, or really even make eye contact with her, she was simply too perfect, too perfect for anyone, and most of all too perfect for me.



Chapter 3. Night Out


We pulled up to Joel's brother's house a little after 7:00pm. We needed to be early to help him unload the keg, and put up all the glassware. We walked around putting things were they needed to be, and finally around 7:45pm people began to arrive. I was excited to see Alicia outside of school. She pulled up at 8:12pm in a blue 2008 Mustang GT, it was a fabulous car. Maybe she was a little stuck up, she had to be looking the way she did, and driving a car like that. She got out, and walked towards me, She was wearing a black button down shirt, and jeans, she looked amazing, but it would really be hard for her not to. “Hey Phoenix,” she called to me. “Yeah?” I replied still sounding shaky. “Whats up?” she asked. “Nothing really, just talking to Brandon.” Brandon was Joel's brother, he was 24 years old. He was a burley guy, he had black hair, and wore contacts that made his eyes black. “Who is the girl?” asked Brandon staring hard at her. “Oh, thats Alicia, from school.” I replied, but I could hear the defensiveness in my voice. Brandon smiled and walked off. Alicia walked up to me, “How do I look?” she asked. I was stunned, I didn't know what to say, if I said everything I though I'd seem a little obsessive, or maybe a little crazy. “You look amazing,” I said, they sounded like the right words, they were much better than, 'You look phenomenal, just brilliant, the most beautiful girl in the world,' amazing really sounded better than that. I walked into the house that was insanely loud, there was loud music, people yelling it was just udder chaos. Alicia followed me inside, I was glad that she seemed to have interest in me. I walked out the back door, and filled up a cup with beer from the keg, Alicia did the same. I walked around the back yard around to all the groups introducing Alicia, they all had the same reaction, Wow, and as I walked off I could hear everyone muttering about how lucky I was, and how beautiful she was.

I had a seat on a bench outside, when out of the back door came Lacey Amarillo, she was one of my close friends she was 17, and had medium length blond hair, and perilous blue eyes, she was very pretty. She ran over to me and gave me a hug, I stood up to talk to her, she looked down at Alicia. “Who is she, your girlfriend?” asked Lacey. “No, not at all,” I replied, “I'm nowhere near that lucky.” She smiled, “Phoenix, I have great news!” “Yeah?” “I'm pregnant.” I was shocked, how was that good news? She was just starting her life, and already threw it away. I lead her away from Alicia. “Your... Your... pregnant?” “Yeah.” she replied. “Thats not a good thing Lacey, Your 17 years old, your not even an adult yet, and now you've chosen to throw away everything that you've worked for.” I said, but the anger was causing my voice to crack. “Phoenix, It's nothing like that at all,” She said, her voice broke. “How it not be?” I asked “Who is the father?” “Well,” she started “It's Dominic.” Once again, nothing could've been worse. That kid was no good, he was 16, and the prime example of the kind of person that wouldn't treat Lacey like she deserved. She was like my little sister, and how this could've happened was beyond me, I guess I would have paid more attention when she told me she wanted to have a child. I told her it was a bad idea, but she didn't listen. Just like my parents always told me, “When a girl wants a kid, she'll have one, and there is no way to control it.” “Lacey,” I pleaded “You can't be serious, Dominic Sven? That kid is no good, so are you doing drugs now too?” “No, but Dom said next time-” I cut her off. “Lacey seriously, don't start that too, its pointless. Your going to be a mother soon, and pot is just a gateway.” “Sure Phoenix,” she said, I had made her angry, I was in trouble. Now not only would she not listen to me, she'd rebel against me. I knew that it could've happened to anyone, but it had to be little Lacey, she was still full of purity, and innocence, but that bastard Dominic took it all away from her.

This was the beginning of my depression, that will lead up to my inevitable suicide.


Chapter 4. Tears


This was probably the worst I'd ever felt in my life, Lacey was pregnant, but it wasn't that it was the little prick that got her pregnant, I'd have a talk with Mr. Dominic Sven, and tell him straight that he has some responsibility, and he is going to treat Lacey like she deserves. I whipped my eyes off to see that I was crying. I stood there for a second, and watched as Lacey walked away from me, and out of my life. The tears began to fall like rain on a warm August day. I waited till I dried up, and went back to Alicia. “Hey Phoenix, are you okay?” she asked. “Yeah, I'm good.” “What was all that about?” she asked obliviously. “Oh, Um... Lacey got into some trouble, and...” tears began to swell up in my eyes again. The little girl that I was always there for just walked away from me, I was devastated, more than even I realized at the moment. “Phoenix lets go,” Alicia said grabbing my hand and pulling me back through the house, and to her car. I walked around, and got into the passenger seat, and she pulled off. I trusted her, she hadn't drank a bit, and she was in good emotional condition. I however would've crashed into everything in my way. “Where am I taking you?” she asked. “I don't know, I just don't want to be alone,” I replied insecurely. “Lets go back to me apartment then, you can call Joel later,” she said.

I do have to admit hearing that made me feel a little bit better at the time, but I didn't realize how badly Lacey had hurt me at the time. I didn't know what to expect, but I was glad I was with Alicia. I could feel myself falling in love with her.

We arrived at Alicia's apartment a little after 9:00pm. I got out of the car, and walked inside. She gave me a bottle of water, “You didn't look so good back there, What happened?” She asked still oblivious to my pain. “Well,” I began to explain “That little girl was Lacey, she is like my little sister, she is only 17 years old, and this little bastard got her pregnant.” I was enraged again, I could feel the intense burning fire in my eyes that came to be from the hatred I had for Dominic Sven. “That's terrible,” Alicia commented. “That girl was so pure, and innocent, and that bastard took it all away from her,” I was mad, very mad. I looked around her Alicia's apartment, It was filled with old movie posters, and vinyl records. It was really nice, but it didn't match her from an outside observation, it was a tiny one bedroom apartment, I guess the car was a graduation gift, and her beauty was a natural blessing. We talked a little. She was amazing, extremely intelligent, very don to earth, and not a snob at all. She was the very essence of perfection. I called Joel he was wasted, I talked to him for a minute, but I decided that he was far too drunk to drive. “Um Alicia,” I said shaky again. “Joel is wasted, and I was wondering if I could just stay here tonight?” I was sure she'd refuse. “Yeah sure,” she replied. I was astonished, she was going to allow me to stay here, she barely even knew me, but I guess she just didn't want to go home to an empty house with a revolver, and a head full of reasons to turn it on myself.

We stayed up late, and watched some of her favorite movies. We watched Armageddon, Pulp Fiction, and The Butterfly Effect. It was around 3:00am before they were over, but it didn't matter it was Friday night. I really enjoyed my time with her. We had fun, It was just as I expected, I had fallen in love with her. I was willing to give up anything to be with her, even my life, but you already know that.


Chapter 5. Tragedy


I woke up the next morning, at around 11:00am. Alicia was in the kitchen area of her apartment heating up some toaster pastries. “Phoenix your up,” she said as I was leaning up from the couch. “Joel wants you to call, he said it's important.” I smiled to her. Last night wasn't a dream, I was really with Alicia. I was happy again, but deep inside something didn't feel right. I assumed it was just Lacey still eating away at my fragile soul. I reached into my pocket, and removed my cell phone, I dialed my apartment's number. Joel answered “Hey Phoenix, Your mom called.” “and?” I asked I was completely oblivious to what Joel was about to tell me. “She told me...” he stopped. “She said?” I asked. “Phoenix, your father had a heart attack last night he is in the hospital, call you mom.” “No, that... can't be possible.” “Phoenix, I'm sorry.” Joel hung up. Tears began to slowly swell up in my distraught eyes, and pour from my face. “What happened?” asked Alicia. “My... my... dad had a heart attack.” “Oh my god, I'm so sorry,” she told me as she ran over to hug me. “I have to go,” I told her. “Do you want me to drive you?” she offered. “Yeah, that would be nice.” We walked out of the apartment and to her car, she took me to the hospital where my father laid in recovery.

We walked through the clear automatic glass doors into the hospital. “Where is Johnathon Geere?” I asked as I walked up to the desk. “He is in the cardiac care unit, room 114.” explained the secretary sitting behind the counter. We ran to the elevator, and went up to the second floor of the massive hospital building, we got off, and followed all the signs to the cardiac care center. I asked another nurse about him she pointed to his room. “It's unlocked,” she explained. I ran to the door and threw it open. Inside was my father hooked up to heart monitors, and my mother. My mom stood up and gave me a hug, “He is going to be okay,” she told me. I walked over to his bed, “Hey dad...” I said tears running from me eyes again. “Phoenix, I... don't think I'm going to make it, I had them tell your mother that I'd be fine, but... I just don't know son.” “Dad, please you have to pull through.” I looked back to see Alicia was crying too. “How is the girl?” my father asked. “Alicia,” I said “She is a friend from school.” My dad smiled at me, I'll never forget what he said next. “Phoenix, I love you, and nothing can ever change that.” My father closed his eyes, and grabbed my hand. I felt the heat slowly slipping from his frail body, and the monitor slowly began to increase in frequency, until it eventually laid down into a flat never ending line, and a buzzing noise that I'll never forget. My father had died right before my eyes, I guess god was only keeping him until he got a chance to tell me he loved me one last time. I laid my head down on his body crying more fiercely than I ever had before. I stood and walked out of the room. I walked past a team of doctors, that were running to the room to revive him, but it was useless his time had come, and nothing could bring him back. I sat down against the wall outside of his room, and let the sorrow, and grief flow from my body. Alicia sat down beside me, and laid her head on my shoulder trying her hardest to comfort me. “I'm so sorry Phoenix,” she said crying too. I put my arms around her. I couldn't control my emotions. Losing the one person in my life that meant the most to me was a lot more than I could handle. I stood up I had finally ran out of tears. “Lets go,” I said my voice was shaky, but not like it was normally it was scratchy, and cracking. We walked out to her car. Alicia drove me home, and stayed with me for a while. I was glad that she was there for me. I wasn't ready to end it yet, I still had allot to live for, especially Alicia, I'd never felt the same way about anyone before, and since she didn't freak out and leave when it happened right in front of her, I thought maybe she likes me too, but I was never really sure.


Chapter 6. Funeral

I stayed with Alicia the night after my dad passed away, and the next few days after that. I was surprised that she wanted to be around me, Today was the day of his funeral, I went and got some dress clothes, I was a Paul Bear, I had never been to a funeral before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I went into the funeral home with Alicia, she too was dress very nicely, I walked into the large room that help the casket, and my father's lifeless body, his casket was closed, and behind him stood my father's good friend, and the preacher at our church, and Lacey's father, Mr. Amarillo. He was a tall blond man, he wore normal preacher's clothes, it was around 8:30am about the time the funeral was about to begin. I had a seat in the front. I felt lifeless, almost like I had nothing else. My mother came up to me, and gave me a hug, “How are you?” she asked tears pouring from her gentle yet aged face. “I'm fine mom, I just can't believe he is gone.” I embraced my mom for what seemed like forever, until she finally let go, and walked back to talk to my father's other friends. I reclaimed my seat next to Alicia. It was time for the service to begin. Mr. Amarillo explained to everyone about my fathers life in very good detail, and talked about how he was with god now, about halfway into the service I began to tear up, but I still hadn't made enough tears to cry fully. The service ended, and Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton began playing, it was one of my father's favorite songs. I rose to my feet, and walked to the front, I and 5 other men, lifted my father's casket, and walked out and loaded it into a hearse. I walked with Alicia to her car, and we followed the funeral procession to the Cemetery. Mr. Amarillo spoke again before my father's body was lowered into the ground. I remember it all too vividly.

After the entire service was completed, I saw Lacey. I felt like I needed to talk to her, and set things straight, she was like my little sister after all. I walked over to her. “Lacey,” I spoke in a calm voice. “I'm sorry about the other night.” she looked up at me, her vibrant blue eyes were faded, and tears were forming in there reddish corners, she hugged me, and said, “Phoenix, you were right. Dominic wont call me, he wont answer my calls. He is gone, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me, everyone at school calls me a whore, and my friends told me that he said 'I sleep with any guy I meet.' I hate him Phoenix. I don't know what to do. I'm so sorry.” The recently formed tears spilled from her usually beautiful blue eyes. “I'm sorry Lacey, There has got to be something you can do.” Tears began to creep out of the corners of my eyes that had usually locked them in place. I didn't know what to tell her to do, There was nothing I could think of that could make it any better for her. She was pregnant, pregnant from a kid that couldn't care any less about her. “Phoenix, I love you,” she said. “I love you too.” I told her. She loosened the fixation of her arms from me, I released her as well. I smiled at her warmly “Everything will be alright,” I said as I turned to walk away. I met back up with Alicia who was talking to my mom, “How did it go?” she asked. “Pretty well, but it seems like nothing is going right for her anymore.” I hugged my mom again, and left. Lacey realized I was right, and she regretted her decisions. I hate that little bastard Dominic even more now. He truly doesn't deserve to draw breath. I swear if it's the last thing I do, I'll make him pay for what he is doing to Lacey. He will pay, regardless of how he gets it, he will regret ever touching her. Lacey wasn't the little girl she used to be anymore. She was pregnant with no hope of her child ever having a father, and I wasn't going to deal with that.



Chapter 7. Dominic


That punk had caused me enough problems, I was ready to get involved. I wasn't going to have him doing that to Lacey. I went home for the first time in what seemed like forever, and got my car. I drove to the pricks house. I stepped out of my car, and walked up to the door, and knocked. After a few seconds went by, he answered the door. Dominic was now standing before me, “What do you want?” he asked angrily. “Just to talk,” I replied with a insane grin on my face. I started to talk about Lacey, and his responsibility, “That ain't my kid, that hoe sleeps with every guy she meets.” I smiled a crooked, wicked, and devious smile. “I though you'd say that.” I look a step back, and reached into my jacket pocket, removing a .357 Magnum revolver. “You are going to take care of this kid, or I'm simply going to kill you.” “I ain't doing shi-” I stopped him right there with a bullet in the head. Dom fell to the ground, his body twitched as what little life he had left in his body drained as quickly as the blood flowed from the gun shot wound. What had I done? I had just taken a life. What was I going to do now, I remembered watching a show about this sort of thing, the shot was close enough to be self inflicted. I fixed up the body, so that it seemed like he took his own life. It would at least buy me enough time to flee. I ran back to my car leaving the lifeless human body in the room holding my father's revolver. I drove home to take a shower, I was drenched in blood from the blow back of the shot. I made it home, and ran inside I completely forgot about Joel. He saw me run by, “What the hell happened?” he asked. “Joel... I'm a murderer.” He was in shock, “You can't be serious man.” I ignored him, I took off the blood soaked clothing, and got into the shower. After about 20 minuted went by I had gotten off all of the blood. I stepped out and put on fresh clothing. I ran back outside, to my car with the clothes, I took them to the woods near our apartment complex, and burned them. I went back home, and explained the situation to Joel, he swore not to talk about it, I trusted him. That night I had nightmares about Dominic he was haunting me, in my head. I awoke several times, but all I could think about was Lacey, and Alicia. How would the girl thats like my little sister react to the fact I had just killed that father of her child, and how would the love of my life react once she discovered I was a murderer? I couldn't bare it.

This was the first night that I considered suicide.


Chapter 8. Confessions of a Murderer

I woke up the next morning with Joel's 45 in my hand, and my bed stained with blood, I looked over on the night stand to see a razor blade drenched in sticky, dry blood. I looked over my arms, they where slashed to pieces. I tried to commit suicide, I wouldn't die though. I then realized I had to tell Lacey what I had done. I reached for the phone, and dialed her number, “Hello,” she answered. I could sense sadness in her voice. “Hey Lacey, What's wrong?” Was it possible she already knew? “Dominic, killed himself last night,” she told me oblivious to the truth. “I need to talk to you,” I told her. “Okay, I'll come over.” She hung up the phone, and made her journey to my apartment.

She walked in, I hugged her, “Dominic didn't kill himself,” I whispered in her ear, “I killed him.”


Chapter 9. Truths

As soon as I finished the sentence, she pulled away. “What!?” she yelled at me. “You son of a bitch.” I bowed my head in shame, “I'm so sorry Lacey, I just lost control. I didn't mean to.” “There is no excuse,” she snapped back at me, with tears pouring from her bloodshot eyes. “I can't take it back, but if I had a second chance...” I sobbed, I shouldn't have told her, I knew it was a bad idea. I lifted my mutilated arm, and displayed it to her. “You cut yourself?” she asked. “Yeah, It was stupid.” She sighed gently, and walked out of the door behind her. I sat down on the couch, and buried me head in my hands, and began to cry. “What did I do?” was the only thing I could get out of my head. I'd ruined someone's life, I'd actually ruined two lives. I took one away, and I'd taken the chance for Lacey's baby to have a father away. I kept wondering what Alicia was doing, since these may have been my final hours, I wanted them to be the best they could be. Alicia was the only person who could make me happy again. I rose to my feet, and walked in the bathroom. I wrapped my arm up in a bandage, It was going to be tough to explain.

I walked outside, and got into my car, and drove to Alicia's apartment. I pulled up, and got out of my car, I walked to her door, and knocked, but there was no answer. I stepped back, and removed my cell phone from my pocket, as soon as I opened it, it rang, It was Joel. I answered. “Hey, What's up?” “Phoenix, um. The police are looking for you.” I guess Lacey said something. “Tell them something, just not where I am.” “Okay,” Joel replied, then hung up. I knocked again. There was an answer. “Phoenix!” Alicia yelled, She wrapped her arms around me, “Come in.”

I stepped through the front door of Alicia's apartment, She sat down on the couch, and I took a seat next to her. “Alicia...” I said, “I'm a murderer.” “What?” she asked confused. “I killed a man, I know I can trust you.” She looked at me with her vibrant green eyes piercing me in confusion. “You killed someone?” she asked. “What are you going to do?” “I don't know,” I began to cry. “I just wanted to say goodbye.” I stood, and walked out of the room.

I had made my decision, My life was over, I'd ruined it all. Some much for hopes, dreams, and aspirations.


Chapter 10. The Note

Dear Friends, and Family,

I'm sorry, No one caused this, I just decided that the world was a better place without me. I killed Dominic, to protect Lacey, and to his parents I'm so sorry, If I had the choice, I'd take it back, I wish I could trade, but I can't. Joel take these memoirs, and do that you want with them, I'll miss you buddy. To Alicia, I love you. You are the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm sorry it had to end this way. You where a rose, and this life was our story, The Tale of Two Roses. I love you, and as this bullet pierces my brain, you will be my last though.

I'm sorry,
Phoenix James Geere


Epilogue. Phoenix James Geere

Phoenix shot himself in the head. I know he was having a tough time. I guess he couldn't handle it anymore. He was my best friend, and he will be dearly missed, You have read his autobiography, and his suicide note, He always wanted to be a writer, and to me this was his best work. Phoenix told me to do what I wanted with these. His notebooks are my most dear possessions, and the Tale of Two Roses, it open for public eyes. He would have wanted it that way. Alicia says she loves you too. She can't believe your gone. We all miss you.

Rest in Piece my dear Phoenix. I'll see you on the other side.

© Copyright 2010 Terry Bowman (dragonfly114 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673115-Tale-of-Two-Roses