*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673608-Book-One--Fall-of-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1673608
Shows the fall of mankind to alien race. Adveture of two brothers to returne man to power.
Note from Author:  This is the beginning of a story that has taken at least 1 1/2 to 2 years of planning, and because of all that planning, the story and everything around it have become very complicated, so I have taken a break from this for now so I can write another story, which, ironically, I am also having trouble with.  I will periodically come back to this story and continuously update and edit it, so if you like this draft, keep checking back every week or so to see if I have written more.  The title of the book is also subject to change, the current title is simply the best one i can think of right now.  Comments and reviews are very much appreciated if you could take the time to make some.  Please enjoy.


Prologue: In the Beginning…

         Gather around, my esteemed colleagues.  Gather here, so that you may listen to an epic tale, so that you may be educated in the true essence of courage, faith, love, guilt, and hatred. Learn from their mistakes, so that we may act to prevent such unfortunate events from occurring once again. Cast your ears upon this chronicle, and remember. Engrave this saga into the deepest roots of your memory, so that you may pass it on to future generations, so that it may survive for another millennium, and others may learn of the sacrifice an individual gave long ago, so that we were saved from certain annihilation, a sacrifice that I feel should never be forgotten, never be lost. This story was lost once, but rediscovered, and now I shall breathe new life into it, so that we may honor fallen heroes, no matter what they did. Now listen to my grand epic, and learn…
                                                                                    ***
         There are those who say that this story started with Morthord, and his quest for eternal power and glory. I, and many others, however, believe it started many millions of years before then. We believe our tale begins at the time of First Creation. It is believed by the Orsorui people that the physical universe began with an omnipotent being they called Mother in their language. In the nothingness that occupied the space the universe now resides in, Mother came in from the first realm of Creation, and with her arrival, came the universe. There was undisturbed harmony, but Mother soon decided that the power of her new universe could not be trusted within a single entity, so she sacrificed her new physical form, and brought into creation the four Lords of the elements: earth, air, fire, and water. With their birth, Mother returned to her original spirit form, who still held residence in the first realm where she was born and later rested, in harmonious peace with the rest of creation. Before the birth of the Lords however, there was an anomaly in Mother’s creation: there was no death, but when the lords were born, a shadow form was created, the opposite of Mother in every way, and with his creation, the concept of death was introduced into the physical universe, and the final realm, the realm of Final Endings, was created.  It resided on the opposite side of the physical universe as the Creation realm. At first, Mother was unaware of this shadow form, who named himself Cadorui, but when she learned of his existence, she sought out to destroy him, to return harmony and happiness to her universe. The holy book of the Orsorui people claims there was a great battle, and all life hid and suffered from these two great beings whenever they drew near to their home. Mother soon discovered that Cadorui was much more powerful than she, and before returning to her creation realm, she created a special planet, a safe haven for the refugees of their battle, and the home for the Sumonui, the chosen ones, a special, and young intellectual race of people who, it was prophesized, would eventually birth to two great heroes, who would save her universe when she returned to finish Cadorui. Cadorui, meanwhile, was making a scheme of his own. He began to speak to and influence a somewhat young Orsoru named Morthord, who was a member of the scientific and religious community on their home planet, Shonen. Through him, Cadorui began to teach this advanced race that it was the will of Mother that their species was destined to rule all intellectual species in her universe. There were a few who believed him, and joined his cause. There were also those, however, who saw through his lies, and openly protested against him. In the beginning, Shonen was a beautiful, breathing planet, with so much hope, so much potential, but it was all wasted when Morthord finally attacked the resisting people.  He laid waste to their homes. He burned it, suffocated it, and tortured it to the brink of eternal rest.    The resistance, the renegades, they fought him, and nearly won, until they were betrayed, by one of their own.  In the final battle of Dentiquen Pugnar, the leader of the resistance, Rackashad, was struck down by a deserter, a traitor, a renegade of the renegades.  His name has been lost, but after that fateful night, he was known by all as Deathwing, and that has sufficed in place of a name for millennium after wards.  Seeing that the fight was lost, the newly named leader of the resistance, Chapalus, decided that retreat was their only option.  They had only one place to go: a remote planet at the edge of space, a planet that would later come under the name of Earth.
         Earth held a special place in the hearts of all of Shonen’s people, not simply because it also held life much like their own, but because of those who resided there.  Earth was known by far because it is the only known resting place of the four lords, the last remnants of their original religion, other than Mother, of course.  It was forgotten, mainly because they no longer had a need for deities in their modern society. The only reason they were needed now was because the resistance had little to hope for, and they believed that if they could convince these almighty lords to take to their cause, they might have a chance to truly defeat the Scarscubs, as Morthord had named his followers, and restore their planet to its once pristine condition.  Also, it had been predicted long ago, that a great disaster would sweep their land, and that their only hope for salvation would lie in the powers of two special otherworlders, from the planet now know as Earth. There was only one problem: all maps, coordinates, and records of Earth’s location had disappeared long ago. They would search for the next millennium in order to find this forgotten planet, all the while being pursued by the Scarscubs. The Scarscubs now not only wanted to crush the resistance, but to turn earth back to its primal state, so that it could be used for their own good. This is where I will stop, for this is the last we have, until these records appeared, which shall lead us to the next part of our grand saga.

One

         Images flashed through David’s mind, painful memories, memories that never seemed to leave him alone.  The recurring nightmares had haunted him for 3 years now, and instead of fading into the distance, they seemed to be getting stronger.  That night he lost both of his parents, and had nearly died himself, but he survived, along with his brother.  It had been a car crash, but more deadly than any regular crash.  Their car had crashed into a tanker truck, which exploded upon impact.  At this moment in his nightmare David woke with a start, staring up at the top of a large commercial van, with his brother, Aiden, sleeping in the back seat.  Brushing back his long hair from his face and shrugging off the black trench coat he always wore, he sat up and commenced speaking with the driver and the navigator.  At first glance you might mistake them for a man and his dog, but when you realized that this dog was bipedal, and this man had no nose, the truth was quite different.  The driver’s name was Chapalus, and the navigator was called Scyllas, also known as the Hunter.  Chapalus was a humanoid being from the distant planet Shonen.  He had two arms, two legs, and a head, but that was where the similarities ended.  His pupils were two crossed slits surrounded by a vivid green, one vertical and one horizontal. His face had no nose, and his mouth was fairly like any humans mouth, and covering his entire body was a layer of grayish skin.  Spreading throughout his body was a system of bright green veins, which, because of their color, stood out against his grayish skin.  He stood just over six feet tall.  Scyllas, however, looked almost like something out of a child’s nightmare. His true form was about eight feet tall, slightly hunched back, and a broad chest.  His head was that of a raptor, with large eyes and long horns jutting forward from underneath his eye sockets.  His scaly skin was albino white, and covering his skin was a layer of a mixture of white and red down-like feathers. Chapalus wore a long cloak that fell to his ankles and covered his entire body, but underneath it he wore a specially designed armor made by his people. Scyllas wore a similar cloak, and underneath it he also wore his traditional armor.
© Copyright 2010 Kraahkan (kraahkan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673608-Book-One--Fall-of-Man