*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674406-Secrets-Never-Secrets-Chapter-Three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aj
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Other · #1674406
The third chapter to Secrets Never Secrets
Chapter Three-A Different Situation


SARAH'S POV

Who was this mystery guy? Why was I dancing with a complete stranger? Why didn't any of this bother me at the moment?
It was like a dream. You know, an amazingly perfect guy asks you to dance, you fall in love, and then right before he kisses you, you're alarm clock goes off and you wake up. I kept reminding myself that this was definitely not a dream, but it certainly seemed like it.
The song ended, but we didn't stop swaying back in forth, in perfect rhythm. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the beautiful green color of his.
"Would you like to go outside, so we can talk?" He suddenly asked, wearing a smile. My heart fluttered.
"Definitely." I replied, a little too quickly. He took my hand and guided me towards the door. I didn't protest. I liked the feeling of his cool hand against mine.
We walked to the porch swing on the left side of the house and sat down. He still hadn't let go of my hand. I blushed.
"My name's Aiden, by the way. I thought you might like to know that." He smiled and looked down at our hands. I thought he was going to let go, but he didn't.
"Mine's Sarah." Ugh. I sounded so ordinary.
"Well, Sarah, I must say that you look extremely beautiful tonight." He stared into my eyes and I felt my face redden more.
"Thank you. So how do you know Carla?" I asked. He explained that she was his cousin and that he was only here for a couple of weeks on vacation. He told me about his job and where he lives. We talked and talked. It seemed that time was still and none of my problems mattered. I learned that he loved to read, mostly Shakespeare. God, a great looking guy who is smart enough to understand one of the best writers ever. Now, tell me you wouldn't think this was a dream, huh?
As much as I didn't want our time to end, it did as Liz stumbled out from the house onto the porch. Drunk.
"Ssarah! I'm having a ggreatt timee! Wwhat boutss you?!" She slurred and stuttered. I looked at my phone for the time. One 'o' six a.m. Oh, shit.
My mom would be unbelievably angry with me if she knew I was out this late. It was a very good thing I was supposed to stay with Liz. Except, how was I supposed to get Liz home? Drunk and almost passed out?
"Hell! It's way late! I gotta get you home." I said as I jumped up to catch her from falling down the porch steps. Her dead weight almost knocked me over, but suddenly she was out of my arms. Aiden stood in front of me with Liz cradled in his arms like a baby. She stared up at him in shock.
"I can carry her to your car for you. Where is it?" He asked. Liz put her hand on the top of his head.
"Wwho arre youu, misster handssome?" She asked and suddenly burst into laughter. I smiled at him apologetically. I showed him to the car and dug the keys out of Liz's pocket as he laid her in the back seat. I quickly closed the door behind her. We both sighed in relief. He smiled and chuckled.
I turned to him and smiled. I didn't want to say goodbye.
"Thanks. I don't think I could've gotten her to the car by myself." I laughed.
"No problem." He smirked. We were silent for a couple of moments. Then, I realized he wasn't standing more than two inches away from me. I looked into his eyes, so warm, so...perfect. He tilted his head and began to close the gap between us. My heart pounded so loud, I thought he might hear it. His lips slowly met mine. My arms automatically reached around his neck. Our lips moved, synchronized perfectly. It surprised me that he didn't try to put his tongue in my mouth. So many other guys would've. It showed me that he was a gentlemen and made me smile into the kiss.
He pulled away and smiled. His arms were wrapped around my waist and he didn't move them. I couldn't look away. I was so absorbed by him that it was impossible.
"You should probably go. You're friend needs you." He said, his voice light. He still didn't budge his arms, and neither did I.
"I will see you again, won't I?" I asked unsure.
"Absolutely." He said confidently. It made me like him all the more. We said our goodbyes and exchanged phone numbers. He kissed me once more, short and sweet. I got in the car and drove off with Liz in the back, unconscious. I smiled the whole way home. How could something so amazing happen in one night? It all seemed so spontaneous and different than it would've been with...Matt! What was I going to tell Matt? 'Hey, I'm breaking up with you, by the way it's for a better guy'? That was when I realized that I was going to break up with him. With Matt. But how?
© Copyright 2010 Aj (misscali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674406-Secrets-Never-Secrets-Chapter-Three