*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693559-Here-Goes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aj
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1693559
Max is a well-rounded student.Straight A's, No Detention. Until Ryder comes to her school.



It was cold when I woke up. Too cold. I pulled my green duvet up over my head. I knew it was only a matter of minutes before my stupid alarm clock screamed at me to get up. So I thought I would cling to the warmth as long as possible. I huddled close to my pillow, still not opening my eyes just yet. It seemed like I was alone in my own little world. I was so comfortable. Suddenly my alarm clock went off. I cringed at the sound before slamming my hand down on the snooze button. I opened my eyes. The cloudy day outside meant the world was a gloomy as I was on this new day. I didn’t want a new day. I wanted this last year to come back and stay forever. I didn’t want to be a senior finishing her last day of high school. As I got out of bed, I shivered. I hate mornings. I absolutely hate them. I noticed the vent on the other side of my room. And, hoping warm air was blowing out, I ran over to it. I was surprised when freezing cold air met my legs. I yelped at the cold and fell over when I tried to get away. I grabbed an extra blanket from my closet. It was smaller, but still covered me from neck to toe because even though I’m a senior I’m only like 5’. I ran downstairs to see my younger brother messing with the thermostat. He was turning it ALL the way down.
“What the hell are you doing?” I yelled.
“What? It’s hot in here.” He replied dumbfounded.
“More like freezing!” I pushed him out of the way and turned the heat up to 83 degrees.
“Hey! Stop, I’m burning up here!”
“Then go stick your head in the freezer, dork!” I flicked him in the head and started going back upstairs.
“Good idea.” He grinned and took off toward the kitchen. I rolled my eyes. How is he related to me? I shook off the thought and went into the bathroom to take a shower.
The warm water calmed my nerves and took my mind off the school day that was about to occur. When I finished my shower, I wrapped my self in a big fluffy pink towel. I don’t really like pink, but it was super fluffy. I walked over to the mirror. My jet black hair hung down just back my shoulders and my eyes were a pale green. I had clear, tan, skin and an average body. I was nothing special. And I knew that. I headed to my room to get dressed. I picked out my favorite camouflage t-shirt and some beige kaki pants. The shirt fit pretty snug, but not to where I was uncomfortable. I walked to the vanity that was placed in the corner of my room and sat down. I used some face powder that matched my skin tone perfectly and put a smidge of black eyeliner on. Then, a tiny bit of clear chap stick on. I’m not the lip gloss kind of girl, so chap stick is an essential.
I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I straighten it a lot because it’s really curly and I don’t like it. When I was done, I parted my bangs the way I wanted them. I got up and picked up my backpack, and some socks. I threw on the socks and ran downstairs. I hadn’t realized I was running late until I noticed my brother had already left. I pulled my phone out of my backpack and turned it on. I had 6 new messages. Great. I put my phone in my pocket. I could just check the messages later. On the way out the door, I took my keys from the key rack and put on my navy colored converse. Here goes nothing.
When I got to school, people were laughing and crying and saying how much they would miss each other. I headed down the south hallway to my locker. Some people said hi to me, but most were focused on last minute make up test and their own problems. I got to my locker and entered the combination. 5...20...15. My locker clicked open at the same moment that J popped up next to me with an excited smile on her face. J is my best friend. Here real name is Jay Michelle, but she prefers to be called J. I wondered what she was excited about. I looked at her and noticed she was getting skinnier. I’ve had a hunch lately that she was starving herself again. About 6 months ago, J admitted she was starving herself to her mom. Then she was put in a Self-help facility. Basically, her mom thought she was trying to kill herself when all she wanted to do was lose 20 pounds. Then again, at the time she only weighed 80 pounds. When she came back from the insane asylum, as we called it, she was about 125 pounds.
“What are you so excited about?” I asked, confused. Her face fell and I could tell she knew something I didn’t.
“Don’t tell me you forgot!” She exclaimed. I looked around. There was nothing that seemed different about today. What could I have forgotten? “Jeez, Max. Ya think you’d remember something so important, but nooo.” I looked at her, becoming impatient.
“J, I have no idea what your talking about…” I murmured.
“Today is Vince and my one year anniversary!” She squealed happily. I looked down. I’d never liked Vince. He pushed J around. He called her names and yet she still loved him.
“Great.” I said and closed my locker after grabbing some books.
“Max. What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy for us?” She asked sounding hurt.
“Sure. What’s not to be happy about?” I asked sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and moved on down the hall. I sighed. Time for English. I headed to Ms. Kathy’s classroom that was all the way upstairs. When I got to class, I took my usual seat next to the window. Most of the kids were already there. The bell rang and a few kids scattered in late. The class went by really slow. I probably watched the clock tick the whole time. 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9:00! The bell rang and I hurried out of class.



______________________________________________________________________
Sorry this is all I have so far. If you want me to write more, just msg me or comment!
© Copyright 2010 Aj (misscali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693559-Here-Goes